1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

In the meantime, if you post a screenshot of how you've got everything wired up I can tell you if you're doing it properly or not.

2. Pilchenstein

Here we go, hopefully this explains things a bit better than the occasional screenshot or wall of text. :V

3. Proxeh

Proxeh Void-Bound Voyager

The situation is that I'm trying to scan a Glitch Castle. I was doing some testing with the scanner console, because it can detect the scanner markers. And it successfully detected the marker on the far corner of the castle. However, when I tried to scan the castle, nothing happened.

4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Maybe the castle is too huge for be scanned in 1 print , i always print thing like that in something like 4 or 6 parts.

5. Pilchenstein

Check starbound.log for error messages. MadTulip found an issue where very large areas will cause the scan/print loop to run up against the engine's limit on lua instructions, which I'll be fixing soon.

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Also a too large area may contain unloaded sector IMO so it may cause some issue too.

7. Pilchenstein

Since 2.0 it activates all the chunks before scanning or printing.

jonathonspy likes this.
  8. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

very awesome .its time-saving.
    but lets say i copied a base and wanna give it to mod friend in anther pc.how can i do that?
    can u make a tutorial?
    thanks

9. Pilchenstein

You can just give them the printer in multiplayer?

10. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Ah ? i didnt know lol , thx

11. amirmiked12

12. Pilchenstein

Right, well if you use the console to scan your base and check the "save blueprint to starbound.log" option, it'll dump a bunch of stuff to the log file with instructions on how to add that blueprint to your user/ folder. I'll be doing a tutorial video on how it works eventually but I haven't got time right now.

13. amirmiked12

console is only available in admin mode and some other too

14. Pilchenstein

I just tested and the console is showing up for me on a new character in non-admin mode, are you using the latest version?

15. amirmiked12

Don't know why but now it's showing up.
    Yes I have the latest version..
    Maybe its caused by updating on an existing character.

16. Zlyvr

Zlyvr Phantasmal Quasar

Great mod, thanks a lot.

Now I'm trying copy enemy/friendly ships and sometimes I'm getting full copy with all props inside and sometimes - only tiles without any furniture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every time I'm removing protection from dungeons "0" "65524" "65535"
    What can be wrong with it?

17. Pilchenstein

Are there any errors in your log when this happens?

18. Zlyvr

Zlyvr Phantasmal Quasar

19. Pilchenstein

If you were scanning using two markers, try using the scanner + one marker, as demonstrated towards the end of this video:

There seems to be a serious issue with using two markers to define the area, I don't know what's happened to cause it suddenly.

20. dickincorp

dickincorp Void-Bound Voyager

I wanted to say Thank you! Your mod rocks :)
    I'm new here, quick question, why are all my copied buildings encased in glass? I know Im doing something wrong. (Very large building) I remade the building but the same thing. Any help would be great.

*edit* I figured out the issue, not everything was removed from the area, So i recreated it about 3 or 4 times to clear the construction area :)

http://imgur.com/a/iwy8G

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017