1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Helpful titanium hint. . .

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by balegrim, Jun 16, 2017.

1. balegrim

balegrim Big Damn Hero

Ok, so hours upon hours of restless exploration and only finding slivers of the crap made me more adventurous, and sure enough, my efforts were rewarded.

I went to an ice planet (but any risky world will probably work that spawns titanium and not durasteel) and tunneled down to the core. Yup. Massive deposits everywhere, bigger than I'd seen them in any other level of the multiple layers of risky planets I explored. The spawn rate goes through the roof. Just about every time I use my ore scanner and see something silver in the core of a frozen world, it's titanium (risky planet). So it appears the crap is only super rare in the upper levels of the planet, but much more plentiful at the deepest layer.

You cannot be near the core. Or bordering the level between the core and whatever is above of it. You wanna be approximately at the middle of the core. It will be worth the effort. I don't need to tell you to bring ore scanners. Happy hunting.

Also, feel free to craft a small stack of drains to help you bleed away lava faster in nooks with lots of titanium so you don't need to waste a bunch of time tunneling around.

Blevruz and kittentamer like this.
  2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

That's more or less how it works for most of those mid-range ores (Iron, Tungsten, Titanium, Durasteel). Find a planet where there ore you're looking for is listed last on the planet scan, and go to core level. You'll find big deposits there.

3. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

That is an awesome idea. Why didn't I think of that?

4. balegrim

balegrim Big Damn Hero

Because I didn't think to do it either. I had been working on an underwater facility, so happened to have a few handy and just started using them. If not for that coincidence, I'd have never even bothered using them. : p