Modding Help Monster spawns in forage map

Discussion in 'Mods' started by thosbeans, Jun 17, 2017.

1. thosbeans

thosbeans Void-Bound Voyager

Heeyyyy my dudes,

This is a bit of a stretch because I don't know if its possible, but I was wondering if anybody knows how of a way to have monsters spawn like they do in the combat map but in the foraging map. I love the aesthetic of the forest map however my focus is on monster hunting, so I was wondering if they could be kind of merged together. If anybody could do this that would be amazing, though if anybody simply knows what I'd need to do to create this I'd appreciate that a lot too. :)

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, there is certainly a flag that allows monster spawning on all the map types, since once you finish the wizard's quest after the CC you have the option to enable it on any farm. (I just cursed my own Forest Map with some cheery monsters!) We just need to find where that flag is in the save file...

• thosbeans

Ohh ok I didn't actually know about that flag, that sounds perfect though. If you find it I'd be grateful as hell!

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Hmm! Seems like something that would be easier to do as a save edit than an outright mod-- the monster spawn toggle is already built into the program someplace, and triggering it in-game is a built-in feature. Sadly I no longer have a save file with the spawning turned off to compare with my current file. Anyone have a post-CC save file where you have access to the Witch's Hut? We could use that to peek at what exactly gets changed in the file when you activate the Shrine of Night Terriers? (Arf, the leetle terrier dogs, they bark.)

• thosbeans

Yeah that does seem a lot easier, its worth giving it a go. Would it be worth making another thread to ask for save files in that position? Sadly I haven't gotten that far yet personally.
            Unless its worth looking into your save file with it turned on? I know it would be easier with one where its turned off in order to compare, but I could have a look myself and see if I can find the code that triggers the spawning, 'cos that's all we need right? Omg this is exciting

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I will look when I get the chance, but, currently away from that computer! Will be tonight or tomorrow night at the earliest!

• thosbeans

Yeah that sounds good! I'm ready to get those angery monsters