1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED [Library] Tech Keybinds v1.3.0

An easy to use library that allows tech modders to bind input values to functions.

1. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. bluechipps

bluechipps Seal Broken

This is exactly what I needed, thanks a ton!

Errors4l likes this.
  3. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Keep in mind that with recent changes, G and H are not available by default. They belong to the key bind 'PlayerTechAction2' and 'PlayerTechAction3' respectively.
    You can set these keys in your Starbound config or create a patch to add options to the key binding menu. An example of the latter can be found in my WEdit tech mod: https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Sta...ace/windowconfig/keybindingsmenu.config.patch

4. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

5. Surfice

Surfice Space Hobo

Hey I was wondering if you could give an example using this program? The wiki doesn't make much sense to me, and the program I am trying to write doesn't seem to work.

6. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Could you clarify what doesn't make sense on the GitHub readme, so I can improve it?

I used these bits of information from the README to create a simple 'make it rain' tech:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Surfice

Surfice Space Hobo

I just dont really get how you declare what keys you press.

8. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

The game only lets you set three tech keys. They used to default to F, G and H, but since a few updates ago now only F is bound by default. You need a patch to be able to bind the other two in your controls.
    The library reads the available input options every frame, and compares that to your desired input.

The available options for the string (in my case "up down left=false right=false" can be found here:
    https://github.com/Silverfeelin/Starbound-Keybinds/#syntax-options

The function will be called when the game input matches with all options in the string.
    "up down left=false right=false"
    • "up" defaults to "up=true", and "down" defaults to "down=true"
    • up, down, left and right stand for holding down W, S, A and D respectively.
    • "=true" means the key must be held down to call the function.
    • "=false" means the key mustn't be held down to call the function.
    This means the function will fire while holding W and S, without holding A or D.

9. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

I am attempting to use the Keybinds library for a mod I am making, but I get this error when I try to initialize it:

[Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/keybinds.lua"]:102: attempt to call a nil value (upvalue 'originalUpdate')
    stack traceback:

Is this because of the recent updates to Starbound? (Sorry, I posted on your message board too, but then I figured it should go here in case anyone else was having my problem!)

10. Errors4l

Errors4l Spaceman Spiff

Are you trying to use it in the context of a tech script? Make sure you've defined the "update" function somewhere in your actual tech.

11. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm an actual idiot... I've uncommented the update function in the tech script and now binding works just fine! Thank you so much!!!

Errors4l likes this.