RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Update! The secret springs cave mod has been fixed! You should be able to enter the cave properly now, sorry I didn't test the map before uploading... Let me know if there are other errors and I will try to get to them. Download the edited map here: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1155?

Hats update should be coming soon, I will keep you updated

zomgzomg likes this.
    • zomgzomg

zomgzomg Void-Bound Voyager

Looks great and confirmed fixed! <3
      Endorsed on Nexus~

Incidentally, and probably not caused by this mod, my mushroom bins have gone invisible.
      They still function & have collision, so it's probably a messed up texture somewhere, but they're still on my Craftables sheet...
      Are they saved somewhere else maybe? It's been a while since I played, so I have no idea when this even happened. :T

• cocodojo

cocodojo Void-Bound Voyager

The new version is working! Thanks, I was so wanting to try this since it looks so nice.

• HopeWasHere

Thank you so much, I'm glad they're working.

In my own save file I finally got to a point where I can choose the mushrooms or bats, so it will be a little easier to test now. The map doesn't follow the character correctly, and one of the mushroom boxes is in the water. Haven't tested the bats yet, but I will be updating to try and fix these small errors. In the mean time, it works as far as I know. Let me know if any other errors pop up

• Miko411

Miko411 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi I was just wondering, do I need SMAPI for the waterfall cave mod?

• HopeWasHere

No, that mod is just an xnb mod. So you can use it without SMAPI

Miko411 likes this.
              • HopeWasHere

Update! The hats files have now been updated! I haven't tested them yet, but based on my personal file they should work great. Head over to Nexus for the updated zip file.

Please let me know if there are any errors.

• HopeWasHere

Small new mod update. Just added a fish bowl furniture item, if anyone is interested in something like that.

Fish Bowl 2.gif

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oooooohhh, does it move in game??? How did you do that??? Share your wisdom, oh great one!!!!

• HopeWasHere

If you add each of the frames to a custom tile sheet for whatever map you're working on, you just animate those tiles like you would any other. I'm not sure if you can with the furniture.xnb but I'll keep looking to see if there's a way. I put it in my house edit so it moves and so I could add a message when I clicked on it :)

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I know, exactly, that's how I do it, but I don't think you can do that with furniture, at least not with a normal .xnb file!

• HopeWasHere

I heard somewhere it was possible, but I haven't seen anything since. So I'll keep looking and let you know what I find

Karmylla likes this.
                          • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Wow would you share you custom tile sheet for the fish please. It is so cool.

• HopeWasHere

Ignore what I just said, I updated the file so now you can have the fish bowl in your home without editing map files. Here is the download, the tile sheet can still be found there: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1237/?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
                              • HopeWasHere

Big update for the fish bowl mod! It now uses Custom Farming and Custom Element Handler so that you can have an animated fish bowl in your home without editing any .xnb or map files! The updated link is on the main page.
                                Example.png

hojichas and MysticTempest like this.
                                • hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I was wondering if I was putting the fishbowl file in the correct place? I've put it in "CustomContent" in "CustomFarming" under my mods folder, but I can't seem to find the fishbowl in-game. Maybe this is a problem with Mac?

• HopeWasHere

Do you have Custom Element Handler and Custom Farming installed correctly?

• hojichas

hojichas Void-Bound Voyager

• HopeWasHere

Hmm... Well, it could be a Mac thing then. I'll see if I can find some information on compatibility.

hojichas likes this.
                                      • Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone using the cave mod ended up spawning fruit with the fruit bats? I'm not sure if it's not working or if I just haven't waited long enough.

Also, amazing cave mod! It makes the game so much better to have a hot spring on the farm. <3