1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Falling into lava at the center of the planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SummonedKnight, Jun 14, 2017.

1. SummonedKnight

SummonedKnight Intergalactic Tourist

I fell into lava at the center of the planet, died, where did my items go? I was a old post about it and the items were just sitting at the bottom of the lava, but for me they were gone.

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I think you answered your own question there

3. SummonedKnight

SummonedKnight Intergalactic Tourist

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please note that oneword posts are frowned upon the forum rules. Please edit in at least one sentence.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

This is unfortunately the case.

When items drop from mining, mobs, or your own death. They all have a certain decay timer before they disappear. This decay timer is usually several minutes, though as the mech battery powerups's shorter decay time suggest, this value can change and is not limited to how long it is on screen, so much as how long is it on the loaded section of the planet.

In you case,since you fell into the lava in the core, collecting said items wouldn't be easy. What likely happened is that the items fell to the bottom of the map. Along the way of traveling down to the location, and traversing down the lava to make a ledge to retrieve the items, time ran out.

6. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait what? I thought items stay on the ground until you quit, at least that's how it was the last time I played.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Nope, they are on the ground, but they don't stay there forever.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

And anyway, you don't want to take a lava bath, even if you want your items back