The Penguin Syndicate: UFO Lounge - Game discussion thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Zebe, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Vote for the Chucklefish Forums' representative for Mafia Championships

Poll closed May 2, 2017.
  1. Miss Alkane

60.0%
  2. 611

20.0%
  3. Zebe

20.0%
  4. HunterC1998

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Sure. I guess if we can put together a single game, the growth is permanent enough.

HunterC1998 and Jimlad 42 like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I got PsychoSoldier in from the Discord, btw.

3. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll poke Saab and a few others then...

HunterC1998, Jimlad 42 and Zebe like this.
  4. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

*Comes bursting through the door, looking worn and quite frazzled.* I'D LIKE TO JOIN!!!

*Ahem.*

Is there room for another player? I've got the basics and understand how Mafia works (so this ought to be easy enough to glide into), and I assume I'll be fine without reading every last one of the myriad job descriptions. Unless I won't, in which case I'll get reading.

611, Zebe, Alkanthe and 2 others like this.
  5. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

There's plenty of room man!
    And you only need to read up on the roles that will be given when the games begin, only a certain number of roles will be in the game and even then, you only need to read if you wanna know what to expect...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*grins evilly*

7. PsychoSoldier

PsychoSoldier Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, there! I was invited here by Alkane to help fill out the game, and since they're a pretty awesome player, I couldn't resist saying Yes. Plus, I always like helping mafia games get started.

Still catching up on the rules and set-up to make sure I don't make any mistakes.

EDIT: I also promise I'll have an avatar by the time we start.

HunterC1998, 611, Zebe and 2 others like this.
  8. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

COME IN COME IN THERE'S ROOM

*cough*

I mean, like, of course! Welcome in! I'll end up making a definite list from which all the roles I'm using in this game are listed, so you don't have to read all of them, just the ones in the list.

Welcome, welcome! Thanks for coming!

Here's the list
    Player list:
    • HunterC1998
    • Alkanthe
    • Cebu
    • Jimlad 42
    • Vurrunna
    • PsychoSoldier
    • CjBeats
    • Jake9039 (?)
    • WANNA
    • PLAY
    • A GAME?

I'm making the game thread tomorrow.
    Feels like we won't get that many more players. I'm waiting Cj and Jake to show up to confirm they're still up to this, and for you guys to invite more players. I'll be asking around too. Hopefully we can finally get this party started.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    HunterC1998, Alkanthe and Jimlad 42 like this.
  9. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Right on, can't wait to get my lynch-mob game on (everyone can be a penguin to kill if you just spread the love around...)

Oh, er, um, I mean, I'll certainly be shooting for a proper resolution and not a bloodbath, yes, no, that would be absurd.

On another note, what's the style of gameplay? Is it casual "We're playing Starbound-Mafia and are here to fig're it out" or is it more "We're people in Starbound trying to figure out who the dirty penguins are?" As in do we just chat like forum users or in some semblance of character? I'm fine either way, just curious.

10. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Too late to come back in? Sorry I was on vacation, but I'm back now and ready to play.

HunterC1998, Zebe, Alkanthe and 2 others like this.
  11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

You're just in time, I believe.
    Forum users, though it is possible to get in character some, I don't think TPS provides much to jump off of that won't give away your role. Then again, that has been a fun thing to do for me in the past...

12. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

This is the perfect time!

Mostly just as forum users, but it's possible to get into a role. And like Alkanthe said, if the character is based on your role, it gives away your role. Then again, some people have went in-character just to hint what their role might be.

HunterC1998, 611, CjBeats and 2 others like this.
  13. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

14. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

From the horizon it came. The speeder was just a blur on the horizon, a flash of scarlet. It was pumped up, and made out like an old hot rod, of the long gone earth...you see a figure jump out of it, and roll on the ground, before getting up, and dusting a jumpsuit off...and removing it to reveal a finely tailored suit...beneath a helmet, a pair of shades. And then they're gone. Ducking away into the shadows...

A pamphlet hovers in the air where they had been, before slowly falling towards the ground...snatched out of the air by your rapid flippers, you turn it over to see the front...

There's simply a name, or an acronym on the front...and some numbers.

DaZe
    DaZe

You're puzzled...and you return to your beer in silence, watching your fellow penguins in the rest of the bar, wondering...

Jimlad 42, CjBeats and Alkanthe like this.
  15. CjBeats

CjBeats Weight of the Sky

Consider me puzzled.

Jimlad 42 and 611 like this.
  16. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

:nurudapper:

I gave up trying to decide which one was a winky face

pretend this one is

Jimlad 42, Alkanthe and CjBeats like this.
  17. FranticLibra

FranticLibra Great Scott!

Hello! I am supposed to be Ladd's replacement! What do I do?

CjBeats, Jimlad 42, 611 and 2 others like this.
  18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Hey! I'll send you your role!

CjBeats, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.
  19. 611

611 Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Zebe give them their PM

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

faster draw, pardner

CjBeats, Jimlad 42 and Alkanthe like this.