1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Parallax Compression (FPS Improvement) 1.1

Improve game performance by compressing parallax images

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

xaliber submitted a new mod:

Parallax Compression (FPS Improvement) - Improve game performance by compressing parallax images

Read more about this mod...

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I've always wondered about something like that. One of the first mods for Fallout 4 was one that simply optimized all the textures to increase performance. It will be interesting to see if it has a similar effect on Starbound. Are you planning on optimizing more image files in the game? It might be interesting, but I suppose it would be hard to keep a mod that optimizes too much up to date though.

3. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

I was thinking in compressing all the images just too see if there is any improvement, already unpacked the 22400+ .png files :eek:. Maybe I start optimizing them tomorrow and after some testing and depending of the results, I'll upload it here.

4. xaliber

Yup, Skyrim has a number of mods that attempt to optimize textures too.

Users in Steam Workshop has reported a fair number of improvements, so I think it does work.

As for optimizing more image files, yes, that's on my plan, but as you have said, since official updates are still frequent I think I'm not going to do that until later dates.

But it'd be nice if @OzonSF could do it - so I don't have too hehe. :p The files are that many, yes. Looking forward to your progress.

5. OzonSF

OzonSF Phantasmal Quasar

It works! I noticed a small performance improvement, the most notable is a faster chunk loading! Already uploaded it here and on the workshop, check it out when you have the time :D

6. tactics35

tactics35 Master Chief

does it work on 1.3 spacefarer?

7. xaliber

Hey, sorry I've just returned to Starbound modding. Have seen your works - cool that it works! I'll link that in mine. :)

This only changes the images so it will. :)

8. xaliber

9. xaliber

I have updated the files per @Markuzkiller 's feedback, thank you!

10. Markuzkiller

Markuzkiller Void-Bound Voyager

It's nothing, I just wanted a good mod to continue working.
    All for intergalactic exploration.:nuruhappy::nurutease::nuruflirt:

11. trickz-kun

trickz-kun Tentacle Wrangler

How to install this mod correctly?