1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Starbound 1.3 self admin

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SummonedKnight, Jun 12, 2017.

1. SummonedKnight

SummonedKnight Intergalactic Tourist

How do I self admin in starbound 1.3 on my server, /admin command does not work because I have insufficient privileges

2. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

You need to establish user accounts within your server and set Admin privileges to the account.

In the sticky there's my explanation on how to do

3. SummonedKnight

I have tried to do this but the file always resets to default after I launch the game :/

4. Hel

Set the config to Read Only. That prevents both you and the game making amends to the file

5. SummonedKnight

Read only did not work.... It still changes every time I start the server.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You likely didn't set read-only correctly. The game can't delete the config, only create and append. If you make it read-only, then that is a system restriction that the game can not change.

Hel likes this.
  7. Hel

Enabling read only should do it. The game cannot revert the file back if it cannot make the changes.

[​IMG]

Make sure you tick the box and press Apply to make sure it saves. But it doesn't hurt to check after applying by pressing OK and pressing properties again