1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Assorted Crafting Things 1.3.1

Lots of things!

1. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Yep, I'm running both.

2. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Campaigner updated Assorted Crafting Things with a new update entry:

Mech Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

I haven't tested out the updated version yet {waiting for GOG to put out the 1.3}, but I've read the patch notes. I'm on the fence about the bazaar, though it was pretty inconvenient so I can definitely see the point. Any chance of putting the deeds back, tho? I like the smaller profile and {I'm not sure if it was intentional}, the ability to put more than one in the same house - I always found SB's "there can be only one!" method a bit silly.

Also, I have a suggestion for some additions, but I also don't want to be presumptuous, so.... yeah.

4. Campaigner

I'll put the small deeds back in later, after I make them look better. They were pretty lacking, despite the size. I'll try to have it up again tonight or tomorrow. As for multiple colony deeds, that wasn't my mod. All I did was copy+paste the regular colony deed, and gave it a different sprite. Nothing more.

Feel free to throw suggestions. The mod is clearly nothing but random junk and stuff that I've added on a whim or by request. It just depends on how difficult the spritework will be. Don't expect coding though, I'm just an artist.

5. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

It's a straightforward one, I think - basically, you know how a house's tenant type and species is determined by the furniture tags, which means that if one wants a specific kind of tenant, they need to place furniture to match, even if it's not what they want to have {especially with races that don't have much by way of tagged furniture}. What I'm thinking is basically tagged {and probably invisible} 1x1 furniture items - from usual racial ones like apex, floran, etc, as well as science, prison, nature, etc. and possibly {will it break the mod?} even tags from other mods, like non-vanilla races. Maybe label the items as "scent dispensers" {mmm, smells like burnt wiring} for overall theming. I have no idea if it's possible to add weight to a tagged item {i.e. to tell the game to count this item as, say, six tiles worth of tag X} though, but for races alone, I think it's enough to have three items worth, and with small footprint and invisibility it would be pretty easy to fill unused areas to match what one needs.

{also, interesting.... maybe the original deed code just checks for other vanilla deeds in the house, and since the smaller deeds have different names, it ignores them. Either way, ain't complaining!}

6. Campaigner

The game looks for "blocks", and luckily there's an item that only counts as one block that can be made; Golden Ducky. I won't do stuff for other mods, as that's their own work to do, but a 1x1 object tagged to count as what a tenant would look for? Easy enough if so. One for each tenant type, such as evil, prison, and so on, won't take a lot of work, but that's gonna be a lot of clutter. Gonna have to figure out what to do on where to place them.

It's just as you say; the vanilla deed looks for vanilla deeds only. I'm gonna figure out how to make that not happen before I put out a release. That's cheating otherwise!

7. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Good point. Actual appearance-wise, like I said, you can just make them invisible - it should still be seen with the scanning mode if they need to be taken down.

Doh!!

8. Campaigner

Good news; I got it so that the custom spawners don't cause any issues now. No more second tenants with the regular colony deed. I just made a copy of one of the required scripts, added a few lines, and bam, done. The bad news; I had to make a patch for the default colony deed to use my script instead of the default. While this most likely won't conflict with any other mod, it WILL conflict with any mod that adds colony deeds the same way I did it. I don't see any other way to make this work correctly, unfortunately.

I'm gonna try to make nice little emblems for the different tags. Nothing fancy, and certainly not invisible. Gotta know where stuff is, after all!

EDIT: Racial tenants need 6 blocks of their racial theme to be guaranteed. Six individual blocks of the same type looks tacky no matter what. It's better to just use small objects already in the game, it would seem. Apex has flasks, Avians have golden duckies, Floran have Tiny Bongo, Glitch have medieval cup, and so on.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  9. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh! Any chance of adding the metadata file to the mod? Other people's mods aren't your responsibility, naturally, but it would allow compatibility of the containers ACT adds with Enhanced Storage.

10. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, one more thing...
    Um, I don't know where to find the catalogs. Do I just have the dumbs or....?
    2017-06-12 (4).png 2017-06-12 (3).png 2017-06-12 (2).png

11. TTSkaHammer

TTSkaHammer Subatomic Cosmonaut

will that mod be on workshop?

12. Campaigner

Campaigner updated Assorted Crafting Things with a new update entry:

I'm stupid oh god someone stop me

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Campaigner

@Quinch : Sorry for the late update, I got occupied with other things. As is evident from the update post, I added colony deeds back like I said I would. I didn't get around to making good tenant spawn items, but there's plenty of small items for most tenant types already anyway. I may try again later though. As for your "Do I just have the dumbs or....?" question, it was me that has the dumb; I forgot an important file when I remade the mod. It works now though, so be sure to redownload and delete the older version. Sorry for the confusion!

As for Metadata, I don't know how that even works. I'm a spriter, not a coder. I may do that later though if I end up looking into it.

@TTSkaHammer : Nope. I won't put it up on the Workshop, nor will I ever. I don't have bouncing boobs anymore, so I'm sure I wouldn't have any issues with Steam, but I still stand by that I dislike the Workshop and how it works. Manual downloads only, forever more.

14. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Oh! .metadata is pretty close to what is basically .modinfo that's in the mod right now. I think the naming convention got changed... I guess after beta? According to the SBUMEB, the mod just needs a file named either _metadata or .metadata with this info;

{
    "author" : "Campaigner",
    "description" : "All sorts of fun things.",
    "friendlyName" : "Assorted crafting things",
    "link" : "http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/assorted-crafting-things.2389/",
    "name" : "Assorted Crafting Things",
    "version" : "1.3.1"
    }

15. Rezuul

Rezuul Big Damn Hero

Is there an easy way to get the removed content back into the mod? The bottled items/critters were very dear to me as part of my collecting obsession,

16. Icychocobo

Icychocobo Big Damn Hero

I must say, I am very disappointed to see the M'iala girls gone, as I was very fond of them, but I can understand why. If my memory serves, on a certain other website, you said you planned on making them some sort of "furniture" for lack of a better term, so that they could be aroud without the vendor. I'm guessing that never came around? If not, I know myself and a few friends would be stoked if you did that, if only because making our own Market/Bazaar full of jiggly snake ladies would be both hilarious and somewhat unique.

Otherwise, I haven't much to say other than I like the mod. I spent probably this last week trying to track it back down to get it again, so I'll let ya be the judge on what that says about it!

17. rare_candy_bracelet

rare_candy_bracelet Existential Complex

i'm not sure if it's happening for anyone else, but im getting a weird error using the Matter Manipulator Mech Arm. I'll try to use it, it'll fire out it's beam... and then when I stop, it freezes in place and then I can't move my mech at all anymore. from what the log's yelling at me, it seems to have something to do with the sfx playing when firing it?

18. TTSkaHammer

TTSkaHammer Subatomic Cosmonaut

can you add bare midriff clothing?

19. Combaticus180

Combaticus180 Big Damn Hero

Are some of the pets meant to be hostile? The metroid, baby ghost, and peanutbutter eyeball all attacked me/my crew right after hatching. Is that working as intended, or am I having a problem?

20. Sketch2347

Sketch2347 Phantasmal Quasar

Hey man, love the mod been using it for a couple years now, just wanted to let you know i found a bug, im sure you have a lot on your hands, but that SWEET ASS Matter Manipulator mech arm fires fine but after its done it locks up my whole mech. not sure what the issue is just letting you know. Thanks