TV/Film Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

@Rgbunpro Watamote is seriously awesome and puts a new light on the slice-of-life-genre. Also, the opening's pretty sweet. It's a rather short series though, so you may want to read the manga after that.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

For the record, I've been watching it. I actually agree with you so far. Though admittedly there's a lot of cringe, but I find that it's worth it because as soon as someone talks to her and she starts freaking out I find it absolutely adorable. But so far I've only been able to handle two episodes a day.

3. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

True, though at least in my opinion a lot of the anime's allure comes because of and not despite the cringe. There's just something about it that makes you smile as you cringe. Also, two episodes a day is a pretty good tempo, lets you savor it even though it's kinda short :D

4. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

As someone who grew up being introverted as hell, I continue to find the perspective of this anime really interesting.

Firebird Zoom, Tamorr and Surenu like this.
  5. ArcanaZero

ArcanaZero Tentacle Wrangler

I just finished watching Mob Psycho 100 the other day, and I'm looking for recommendations of shows like it. I really enjoyed it a lot, but the ending has left me wanting more.

Update:
    I just watched a couple episodes of an anime that was commonly recommended for being similar to Mob Psycho 100 but still good on its own called The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. It's rather entertaining so far, though the show's more of a light-hearted comedy and slice of life with a psychic main character. Though, that could change, since I'm only at episode three. I'm still open to any other suggestions, though.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

I just finished Log Horizon and I'm currently watching Death Parade.

Log Horizon is like SAO, but with actual character arcs. The main character has his own set of problems, people are are actually in the world they live in, and <spoilers from the first episode> dying doesn't kill you. It shows human morality and mortality.

Death Parade is like a mix of Death Note and something else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe Cowboy Bebop.
    It's about people who "judge" people who've died based on some bar game.
    Don't let the first episode deiceve you. It's a little different than you first think.
    It really shows human mortality and morality.
    Edit: Death Parade really shows EVERYTHING about humans.
    All of their emotions entirety.
    Should people even be allowed to judge?
    If so... then what happens when too many people die?
    Etc.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. Nefer007

Nefer007 Phantasmal Quasar

It appears nobody here has mentioned Kemono Friends...

... *looks around nervously* I am very late to this discussion, aren't I?

8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I don't watch chibi anime . xD

9. Nefer007

Kemono Friends isn't a chibi anime.

My avatar has nothing to do with Kemono Friends.

10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I googled it, I didn't base it in your avatar. Chibi anime, with cg graphics. Meh.

11. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Supposedly it did poorly in it's home country, so forget hope of more epidose or a sequel series.

12. Nefer007

IT'S NOT CHIBI
    Compare the body proportions with something like Madoka.

About 40% of that head is just hair and ears! (although the narmy CGI does leave a little something to be desired, but they had no budget for it.)

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Do you guys like mechas?

14. Nefer007

Ehh, mechas are nice and all, but I've got other fandoms.

15. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, Whattabout overthetop things, like REAAAAAAAAAALLY over the top and mechas?

16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Oi Oi, how long's it been since I was here? So I managed to finally work up the courage to finish watamote. And then I went and read the manga because I told myself that tomoko had to make friends at some point and I needed to make sure she did.

Crossfang likes this.
  17. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

"Anime is real"

18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I've watched Netflix's Castlevania , and I gotta say, I loved it!
    Can't wait for season 2~!

19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Eh? That's a thing? I guess I should look into it. Can't promise I'll watch it though, Kinda really really sick of vampires.

20. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

4 episodes of quality animation. It is based on a game apparently.
    The story is unique itself , not your typical vampire movies/series.