1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Felin Intro Mission 1.4

Because it didn't make much sense otherwise

1. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

ok, i think I managed to fix my issue... the character I made before was in the intro mission from vanilla which forces walking. so I never would have made the jump in the first place.
    I made a new character now.

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Hotfix time! Redownload to apply, unless you're on the Workshop version.
    • Chelsie now properly blocks passage until defeated.
    • Arcade machine works.

jonathonspy likes this.
  4. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Hey Kawa,

I'm a really big fan of your work, but I often play as my main race with your felins in the same universe. I'd love to see this mission as my main character. I guess what I'm asking is: does this mod overwrite the first mission for all races or just felin?

5. Akari_Enderwolf

pretty sure it's just for the felin as other races would be incapable of doing the jump tutorial in this mission. Felin jump higher than other races so there's a jump that only a felin could make in the tutorial area.

jonathonspy and Roskii Heiral like this.
  6. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

oh okay, well no worries! thanks for the heads up, @Sales_Kital =3

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Emphasis mine ;)

8. Akari_Enderwolf

in a similar vein, I plan to make an area that only the Dimentrex can safely traverse when I get around to making their intro mission. I'll need to look at some of the EPP effects to make their racial ability though.

The jump that only a Felin could do inspired me to do something unique like that for my race as well.

jonathonspy and Roskii Heiral like this.
  9. KeereeOcelot

KeereeOcelot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Possibly unrelated, but the felins on my server, with this mod installed, can't complete the Getting Started quest. When you get the core fragments to go to the outpost, no destination is available. Been meaning to do some investigation into the cause, since I have a few big mods installed, but figured I'd point out there's a potential problem.

10. Akari_Enderwolf

I am having the same issue in singleplayer.

11. KeereeOcelot

KeereeOcelot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For what it's worth, you can bypass this on single player with the following commands:
    Code:
    /admin
    /warp instance world:outpost
    /admin
    Then go to the 2-Stop Teleshop and get the bookmark so you can return at any time.

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. DeadSomething

DeadSomething Subatomic Cosmonaut

i wonder what's necessary to make this for other races. i'll look into your files and hopefully i'll understand. otherwise i'll ask you for help :D

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Good luck :rofl:

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

15. katalinathekitten

katalinathekitten Yeah, You!

The thing about this, is that I have tried it and the intro mission just causes my version to crash. I'm running version 1.4.3...any suggestions as to why this happens?

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Not without the information from the log file.

17. katalinathekitten

I found the log file, and it says:

Attached Files:

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's not nearly enough information. What I need is the actual log file itself, not a screenshot of a single line.

19. katalinathekitten

Does this help?

Attached Files:

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

First instinct is to blame Frackin' Universe, since that is a common breaking point when you get stuff like custom intro missions involved.

Indeed, the first proper serious error relates to FU. Which means this is out of my hands.