1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Canids Race Discussion DISCONTINUED

DISCONTINUED FOR NOW.

1. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Alright I found the problem, but I am in the middle of other modding things at the second; I would describe it as volatile. I will have the salt fix out within about 24 hours though, thanks for finding that for me.

3. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

4. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, more questions!I I did the salt quest for the chef and he gave me a book - however, it doesn't seem to do anything and I don't seem to have a recipe for Roast Dinner either on the cooking counter or the campfire.

5. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

The Cook Book is an item that is supposed to teach recipes when it is picked up; it resembles a codex and works similarly to a blueprint but does not get consumed like those items. I designed them this way so that I could easily implement more recipes and players would easily be able to get the newest additions to the selection without any hassle or extra steps. The cook book should have taught the meat jerky recipe for the campfire, it works the same way a normal cooked meat does but has the same life time as canned food. The Roast Dinner is a vanilla Starbound item I can not remember what you need to craft first to unlock it; but I do know that it is a tier 2 food. The quest required foods will probably be changed as I add more cooking recipes.

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

7. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

8. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

9. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

That is entirely up to sayter the author of the mod. I did put out a request there, but he never replied.

10. billwopeh

billwopeh Phantasmal Quasar

I saw mention of tails, you could make them as cosmetic back items so other back items don't clash with them.

11. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I have been considering ways of hiding the tail on the Canids for those who have back item problems. The tail, being a part of the body, has more color options than a cosmetic armor; making it an item would probably be difficult to do regarding the colors. I have been thinking of how to solve this; I am planning to make a mod that hides the tails on Canids.

12. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a version of the Canids that doesn't include the giant frog race as well?

13. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

@royal_fish The froggs were actually a little bit of leftovers from a past experiment, I was thinking of expanding the mod with some non-playable races. As I approach the completion of the mod I plan on disabling them. But I will probably make a new mod that features them so that those who played with the incomplete characters will not lose their Froggs.

14. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Gotcha; I would love to have the Canids as a permanent fixture in my race menu, but the frogs just bother me too much :-/.

15. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

16. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Sparklink updated Canids Race with a new update entry:

Temple tweaks and new weapons!

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

18. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Wow, Since its publication on Steam 185 days ago, the Canids have now gotten 1,000 subscribers. Thank you every one! It has been an excellent run.

19. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Hey Listen! I have some news regarding the Canids race's next update, this is very important. Lately I have noticed an increasingly longer initialization time when launching Starbound with the Canids race installed; alone it adds nearly a minute to the time. The next update is going to have patches to hundreds of objects adding descriptions to objects in Starbound. To prevent load times from becoming too long I have decided to cut content. As such in the next update;

the Froggs will be completely removed.

However; If there are those who would like to see the Froggs stay; I can easily make a secondary mod that will keep your character alive.

In addition to descriptions for vanilla Starbound, I have been working on a secondary mod that is used in conjunction with the Canids Race and Frackin' Universe. Frackin' Objects Canids Scan will feature examination dialog for Canids for most objects found in Frackin' Universe.

20. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Lately I have been reworking several sprites of mine, and my attention was turned to the Canids themselves. I experimented with a new design for the head (particularly around the muzzle) and I think I have found a design that may be better than the first. I am usually quite indecisive about big changes and would like your feed back. Should the muzzle change or should the muzzle stay the way it is?

Test.png

The one on the left hand side is the original and the one on the right is the concept design. (Normally I would open a poll for this but the poll system is down and I did not want to wait.)