OOC Aliquam: Lilitheaa [APPS CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jirky-Kake, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

I am very okay with this. :catwink:
    It's not you at all. The real problem is just the program I made to keep track of everything and calculate outcomes for me can be very tedious when it comes to me needing to change the coding around too much. If this was a looser RP and I didn't need the program at all, then I'd have no problems with it.
    Awesome~! :avail:D:

2. Jirky-Kake

I was up way too late and I have to work today, so probably no update for the day. Sorry for any inconveniences.

3. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Jirky-Kake and themushroomlord like this.
  4. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

JIRKY!!!!!
    WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS DELAY!!!
    DON'T YOU KNOW THAT NOW YOU'VE STARTED THIS ROLE-PLAY IT SHOULD BE YOUR ONLY PURPOSE IN LIFE???!??!?!?!?!

5. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Indeed, we might have to start that mutiny if the delay persists.

6. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

@Omicron445 I liked you idea of having a locust hive mind inhabiting a corpse, but I couldn't help but wonder if it was really realistic to put a whole 10,000 locusts in said corpse... so I did some maths. (What is this suspension of disbelief?)
    So in my research I discovered that there are up to 80 million locusts per square kilometre (a lot). I also know that they would be able to get a lot closer together while not in the air, lets just say on the inside of a corpse (I estimate they could safely get 6-7 times closer, but let's go with 4 to be on the safe side), this brings us to roughly 360 locusts per square kilometre. So in square cm that's 360000000 locusts per 10000000000cm's or 0.036 locusts per square cm.

Now all we need to do is work out the area of one of you HUMANS, which assuming we have an averaged sized person of 90kg (or 90 litres) brings us to 90,000 cm squared.

Working out the math that brings us to a grand total of...
    3,240 locusts, oh no that sot even half as many, so that mean the the locust thing can't happen right?

... wrong! What we're forgetting here is that these are alien locusts, specifically evolved for the purpose of taking corpses as hosts, with that in mind we can assume that the locusts are probably smaller than an actual locust (at least half the size) and almost certainly capable of swarming twice or more the size listed before, we can work out a new total of 12,960, locusts, eisily enough.
    Good work, you made me math.

7. Firebird Zoom

I AGREE, THIS DELAY HAS FORCED ME TO WATCH ANIME! I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF BECAUSE I LIKED IT.

Jirky-Kake and Omicron445 like this.
  8. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Look @BlueShard and @Firebird Zoom, I appreciate the effort of trying to get me into the RP quickly, but...
    wot 'n tarnation.
    That's awesome! Thanks for doing absurd maths and spending valuable time figuring out how many alien bugs can fit into a dead guy! Not entirely sure if we can use this information much, but at least my estimate of eleven thousand was accurate!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  9. Jirky-Kake

Sorry everyone. I've been really busy, and I can only do this when I have a lot of time in one day, since one post takes me about 2-3 hours to make, which I'm sure might be slow compared to you guys. Also, Techno has been busy, too, so it's been a little harder to make posts. (He's mostly my moral support on this, since it blew up much bigger than I could've anticipated) ^^;

Don't get me wrong, I haven't lost interest in this; it's just a lot for me to chew at once, so I just need you guys to be a little patient for little old me. :avalibleh:

Edit: Not gonna lie, I might be having just a little bit too much fun with one of the parties already. :meowhaha:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

So it's not like I'm questioning the guild or anything, but why would anyone think team odith was a good idea? I mean we're made up entirely of highly aggressive psychos. Don't get me wrong I know that speed is key to the mission and all of us (with the exception of Rith) are incredibly fast, but when you think stealth do you really think psychopaths, raving lunatics and passive-aggressive furries?

That's all I wanted to say... :DD

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It might be a case of incompetent middle management.

12. Jirky-Kake

Well, I did have to shove you guys somewhere in the story. :catlol:
    But if you want there to be a reason behind why the guild would haven chosen the people in team Odith was perhaps the DID call was on such a short notice and nobody else more competent was available.:avalibleh:
    In all seriousness though, I picked the characters with the highest dexterity for team Odith, excluding Rith, only being apart of team Odith because Tennin is there. However, in hindsight, this is a very caustic matchup, but kind of funny from my perspective.

13. Firebird Zoom

I smell one of three things: Cauldron/Contessa shenanigans, a Coil scheme, or a Simurgh plot. Considering what I know, it's probably the third option.

14. Jirky-Kake

Sorry for my hiatus, ladies and gents; I've been job hunting, so I haven't had much time to continue the story. I've gotten the "Okay" and should be starting fairly soon, so I'm happy about that. Expect an update Saturday or Sunday.

15. Jirky-Kake

Quickie: I'm currently working on the next post. I'll have it finished after I get back from work~!

If you guys waaant, totally just a suggestion, btw: You guys can ask me or Techno questions pertaining to the role play, or talk amongst yourselves about it. I'd love to chat about anything I'm currently working on or reading your guys' comments about stuff happening in the story; I like being critiqued as well, so if you want to try and help me improve my story, have ideas you'd like to happen, or just want to poke fun at my painstakingly slow pace of updates, I'd be more than happy to read and respond to them~! It's so much easier for me to make responses here because it isn't so time consuming, so you are more than likely going to get a response in a fairly quick time since I am notified via phone on these threads. (Granted if I'm available at the time.)

I am aware that there hasn't been tooooo much that's happened in the story yet, so there probably isn't a lot to talk about at the moment, but this is just a suggestion and I just want to put it out there so you guys know that I'm not adverse to you guys talking. The only rule is that it does have to pertain to the thread in someway, so don't derail us into what you had for breakfast this morning or this really funny meme you found on the internet two weeks ago and dying to show the rest of the world (pm me those instead. I like a good chuckle.) I'd love to break up the monotony while you guys wait in purgatory for an update. ^^

Tl;dr: I love feedback, so talk, darn you! Even if it's negative~. :avail:D:

16. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

When/if Loukai comes into play after the second player character is killed, do they just stroll in from out of nowhere in the middle of an operation and begin action, or do they attempt to join the guild first and miss out a few turns?

17. Firebird Zoom

And if you're wondering why Violette is acting so joyfully in her fight, she comes from a society where music is both an expression of emotion and a brutal weapon capible of warping reality. Violette was created when a powerful songweaver (her world's version of wizards) split his rival into ten individuals who literally personified her characteristics. Apart from Violette, none of them will make an appearance in Aliquam. Violette is the personification of Nova's joy, happiness, and love of battle. While she could still use her old magic, she has gone without using it for so long that the skill to use it has atrophied to the point where Crystal Storm is the only spell she can use with any amount of consistency. (WORDS!)

As a side note, if she ever witnesses Fragea's (sorry, probably misspelled that) disguise fail, Nova (any version) would immediately start fawning over how cool she looks, and probably ask her why she would keep such a beautiful form hidden.

18. Jirky-Kake

What will more than likely happen is this upcoming ACT at the beginning will have a short downtime for a few various reasons I won't get too deep into because it might spoil a few things, but you can expect your character will be introduced at the guild and will do "guild related things". Also, I'll have your character already affiliated with the guild once we have enough room. I'm going with your idea that your character is hired to tag along on some guild operations, but isn't exactly a member themselves.

19. KingSalamander

KingSalamander Orbital Explorer

Quick question, does Jerrall and the others on my team see any others worms squirming around? Also, totally unrelated question, are there any big trees in the area?I need to know so I can correctly calibrate Jerrall's chickenrun.exe protocol.

20. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

I believe we have mission failure.

Sad...it was so hype