Dev Blog Starbound 1.3 - Spacefarer Trailer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BLOG POST

2. mecha567

mecha567 Void-Bound Voyager

it's not updating
    on steam

3. Are you sure you're on the default stable branch? :O Give it a sec, or maybe restart Steam.

4. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Downloading the update now. =w= Can't wait to try some of this new space stuff! (I might have to wipe all my stuff and start over for fun.)

5. gto288

gto288 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

mine is on queue. Finally it has come!

6. Yorabonito

Yorabonito Void-Bound Voyager

7. Mob1us

Mob1us Void-Bound Voyager

The addition of the player space station realizes the main reason I kickstarted Starbound to begin with. It's so awesome that you all keep developing this amazing game. Thank you, Chucklefish!

8. SonicundMario

SonicundMario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh boy I can't wait!

9. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Lmao I refresh and see this! Fabulous

10. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

The game gets updated right before school ends. I can't possibly think of a better timing for this to happen ;w;

This update looks absolutely delicious, thank you so much for developping such an awesome game <3

11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Noice. Any changes from the most recent unstable?

12. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Took me a little bit to work out the space travel controls, but being able to see which places are unexplored and what planets are in each system.... So handy gosh

kittentamer likes this.
  13. Skydex790

Skydex790 Void-Bound Voyager

Will i have to make a new world for this or can i use my old one?

14. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

You can use the old one; no save wipes post 1.0. Although you'll need to go to newly generated star systems to see the new space stations.

15. Skydex790

Skydex790 Void-Bound Voyager

ok, thanks

16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yay!

Now I can (well within a few days) see what kind of magic @sayter (and team) has managed to weave with Frackin'Universe, and I can get my 12 hotbar buttons back, I can play a Felin again, I'll get my Frackin'Races up again, etc etc.

Should be fun when I get back into it!

17. Yorabonito

please fix the 1.3, it won't go fullscreen. idk it was my mac or it's the game bug

18. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

The fullscreen option is now in the 'graphics' menu, accessed from options.

Mob1us and Yorabonito like this.
  19. Yorabonito

wow thankyou :D you help me alot

20. The Items Merchant.

The Items Merchant. Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, everyone, It's me again!
    Everyone's not-so-favourate negative-outlook Items Merchant!
    This update, my usual rant has been relegated to a grumble.
    Drumroll..."Not the dang perfect armor."
    There. That's done with.
    Now, as an items merchant, I find the idea of having my own station incredibly convenient.
    I can finally own and stock a shop people can visit without risking my ship's contents!
    That's been a major sticking point in the players-trading-with-players trade. (Not as much as modded items, but still.)
    I've yet to play the update for myself, but I'm looking forward to immediately doing so after this post.
    Mechs seem to have a nicer health system, none of that timer business, (Thats evident,)
    We've expanded into the one area of play I've been waiting for since the alpha of Starbound,
    Mechs means mech parts, something new and valuable I can collect and trade with,
    And I can finally sell you my wares at a fair price without concern over my ship's safety!

All in all, I have a lot of hope with this one. See you next update, starbounders!
    Also, as a postscript, I'd be happy to visit your server with my hard-earned Vanilla wares. Have fun!