Most and Least Found Artifacts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seismothesaurus, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wondering what other people's RNG has been like for the artifacts. (There was a similar thread back in January, but I don't know if posting there would count as thread necromancy and my question is slightly different, so I'm making a new one.)

My main save is in year 6 winter and I still haven't found the Elvish Jewelry or yellow Strange Doll. I'm going out of my mind. (If anyone remembers where they found the yellow doll, please share!)

I've only found one green Strange Doll and Prehistoric Tibia.

Compare that to 31 of Dwarf Scroll III and 34 Chicken Statues. Marry the chicken prince, become a chicken magnet, I guess.

So how about y'all? What are your most and least found artifacts? How long did it take you to finish the museum, if you did finish?

sunlite likes this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Most found would probably be a toss up between chewing sticks, rusty spoons and chicken statues (and yes, those were all in my Shane save).
      The strange dolls always seem to be in the last group of things I find. I wanna say I've always found them by digging in the ice caves but I don't remember the exact levels.

Still missing 3-4 things on my current save, including the chipped amphora and dinosaur egg. I'm in Summer of year 3.

sunlite and Seismothesaurus like this.
      • Seismothesaurus

I got the other Strange Doll on either level 91 or 93 of the mines, digging in the dirt. I wonder if they would be that close together. Thanks, I will try the ice levels next time. Worth a shot!

I thought I hadn't found the Dinosaur Egg, but it turns out I must have very early on because it's in my collections. However, I definitely haven't seen it again in the past 2-3 years. It's a tricky one, and all the more annoying to not find because you can get an actual dinosaur out of it!

sunlite likes this.
        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

I have never finished. The closest I've ever gotten was one green Strange Doll away, but it never turned up on that save. Meanwhile, I piled up about twenty of the Ancient Dolls and eventually gave up on that save file after about five years of play...

On my current save (currently in early Winter of Year 2), I've found all three of the dolls, without even too much effort! I'm still a bit behind on minerals, and have not yet found that first Prismatic Shard this game around. (I will donate it. I'm one of the few players who isn't that impressed with the Galaxy Sword.) I'm missing a couple of the dino bones and the dino egg, and weirdly, I have yet to find any Glass Shards, which are usually one of the most common artifacts I find in most playthroughs. The beach has turned up a dozen Starfish but no Glass Shards!

What kind of crazy beach is this that isn't littered ankle deep in broken glass?

sunlite and Seismothesaurus like this.
          • Seismothesaurus

Lol, for real. Come to any beach I've ever lived near and it's equal parts sand, broken glass, and cigarette butts.

I donated my first shard before I knew there was anything to do with it, but I've found a few of them so far, probably because I do a ton of spelunking. I like the sword but also enjoy the hammer. It's weird how different RNG can be on specific items between saves.

sunlite likes this.
            • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

The chicken statue is always one of the first I find. I've never found a chewing stick. Took me 2 years to find another rusty spoon after giving my first to Linus thinking he'd appreciate it....

I also have never found Lemon Stone (a mineral but anyway), chipped amphora, skeleton hand, arrow head, green doll, or any golden artifacts.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
              • Seismothesaurus

I would count Lemon Stone as an artifact as far as this subject goes since it is a museum item. Seems really weird that you haven't found one yet! Now I'm curious about drop rates from within geodes.

My forest farm turns up chicken statues to the point where it's starting to get weird, lol.

• LuthienNightwolf

I saved all of the ones I found into Shane's chest on his side of the room, I figured he'd be appreciative of the collection. lol

• Seismothesaurus

I put one in the shed I designed for him (really wish spouses could visit other buildings on the farm) and a bunch more in the bedroom because my house is taaaackyyyyy. I pretty much don't have the heart to sell them now. One day I'll have to build them their own shed.
                    20170524204851_1.jpg

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                    • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Isn't this how those rural roadside attractions start?

Come visit the Chicken Statue Museum! Also home to the World's Largest Cauliflower!

• LuthienNightwolf

Bonus attraction: Magical apples that pick the crops right in front of your eyes!

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Glass shards for most found, I'm like *not this AGAIN, does the RNG love that or something?!*

@sunlite You find the golden stuff in the desert where Sandy is, pretty easy to find, honestly

Least found: If you can get Elven Jewelry, I sure can't seem to find it, that has been the only thing I have NEVER found. Everything else I've gotten at least once.

• Hardy0202

Hardy0202 Void-Bound Voyager

I am still pretty early in my current save spring of the second year. Still missing around a half of them between artifacts and minerals. My most common is the digging tool with 6 of those found. Followed by the dinosaur egg with 4 found so far all in fishing chest. In fact other than the geo minerals this save I have found probable about a third of the ones I have found so far in fishing chest.

Edit: I am playing on the river farm so have been doing more fishing than I normally do.

• Seismothesaurus

I think you're the first person I've ever seen to have such luck with the dino eggs!

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The first save that I decide to hatch dinosaurs on and I can't find a dino egg. DX The green strange dolls I've never found or the elven jewellery. I only got all the minerals after I bought 100 omni geodes off Sandy and made Clint crack them all.

I'm always finding chicken statues or rusty spurs or the rusty spoon or prehistoric handaxe.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Certain parts of the skeleton set have been rare for me. Generally they are the last items I need.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't visit the desert too often, and I miss a lot of artifact spaces so that's why.

Elvish jewelry I found while fishing with a treasure chest tackle, magnet bait, and level 10 fishing treasure buff.

• La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

In my save files, it has been my experience that the Amphorae and the Rib are the usual suspects. I currently have 10 save files, 5 of which have completed the museum quest. Of the 5 still open, I need either one or both of these in three of them. In one I need the Head, Claw and Scapula. In the one I am currently playing I need the Glass. RNG is fickle with the allocation of artifacts.

Since CA put the worms back on the farm (I thinks it was in Beta that they had them) I usually find the Chicken, the Rusty Spur, the Yellow Doll, the Green Doll once and the Dragon Egg once.

There is no trick or skill to completing the museum quest. It is all RNG dependent. The most you you can do is take the Pirate fishing skill and combine this with the treasure lure.

• LuthienNightwolf

I had pretty good luck with eggs on my last save, found them a lot in treasure chests. Seems like once I found one and started hatching them, I was getting them in chests all the time.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

On this current save file, I was at the museum to drop off one artifact, and I see a wriggler worm-spot right next to the museum, a space or two towards Clint's. Up pops the Amphorae. I'm thinking, 'Jeeze, Gunther, if you'd poke your head outside that building once in a while you could have found this one yourself!'

Not surprising, I think the odds of getting glass shards for any digging on the beach treasure spots is something like 10%. It's incredibly high for an artifact. Which makes my /not/ finding one so far in a game that's nearly at the two-year mark all that more annoying.