Chat (BACK FROM THE DEAD)Pet Peeves w/ ur host Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetaFace, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you find that you are easily annoyed?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  3. Wut! No! Of course not! *sharpening javelin*

19.0%
  1. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Ugly architecture, especially in the historical city center of my town. My town was lucky to "only" lose 15% of it's buildings during the bombings of WW2 which kept a lot of historical buildings in shape, some of them from the 13th century. And then someone puts this ugly piece of manure in it:
    [​IMG]

2. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

"Museum Jerke" Damn right the architect was a jerk, it's disgusting. This is like the first house you build in Minecraft.

Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

That looks awful, like, wow... That building makes my depression worse...

You know what I hate? Sleeping for one hour then not being able to sleep for the rest of the night. I'm so tired.

Surenu likes this.
  4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Summer. I actually like summer since most of my outdoorsy hobbies take place there, but why does summer have to come with insects? I need to air my place pretty often and everytime I do I get a number of unwanted visitors. Makes me hope for rain.

MetaFace likes this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Strangely since my family's bankruptcy and losing our home, now in an apartment... I haven't had issues with insects. I have no clue why.

Good shows being canceled, idiots love the stupid crap nowadays, they won't watch the good stuff. More modern and a good example of a cartoon that was destroyed by morons... Gravity Falls. Another one? Teen Titans (replacement show is awful), Ben 10. These are just the cartoons... Futurama... But then there is Raising Hope, Community, How I Met You Mother (but this one played out anyways *shrug*). I like Adventure Time, I don't care what other people say, it is just amazing to watch, despite the obvious occasional childish joke.

I could go on more, but I'm already rambling.

Surenu likes this.
  6. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I was homeless for a short while and for some reason, insects were no problem as well.

MetaFace likes this.
  7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Maybe insects don't like the taste of the poor?

Surenu likes this.
  8. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Interesting theory.

Regarding the poor: I absolutely hate it when middle-to-upper class people try to tell the poor how not to be poor.

MetaFace likes this.
  9. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

It doesn't work, sorry poor people can't get better jobs!

I_am_the_Storm and Surenu like this.
  10. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Exactly, especially when those jobs do not exist in the first place.

I_am_the_Storm and MetaFace like this.
  11. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The times I've been homeless I never had trouble with bugs. Of course the one time it was winter. The annoying thing about homelessness is the stigma. Most people tend to judge before knowing circumstances. I guess that's true for a lot of things.

Parrotte, Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  12. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

And here we have another pet peeve!

MetaFace and Parrotte like this.
  13. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Yes. I guess what I was trying to say was stigmatisaton and stereotyping are generally annoying.

MetaFace and Parrotte like this.
  14. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Onions on tuna. Wow, tha's so SO bad. Whoever thought of this should be beat.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    MetaFace and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  15. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Druggies. I don't care if people smoke an occasional joint or anything - I generally don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes as long as they don't harm others - but it's so annoying to see people make drugs an entire lifestyle. Whether it's the stoners I see on campus almost every time I'm there who will just randomly run up to you and, in a slurry voice, try to explain the purported health-benefits cannabis is supposed to have, more than half of which they make up on the spot, or the pill-poppers in discos and clubs. Like, as I said, I don't care if you destroy yoursel, but leave me alone.

*quickly runs from the impending beating*

16. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Wow notifications are really broken, I didn't realize anyone had said anything here.

Japanese game devs who ignore a huge portion of their sales in English speaking countries and won't fix things in their game just because of that. And ban people left and right just because they encountered a hacker while playing, then not actually checking if they are playing the game fairly. I got banned even after I complied with them and deleted my save.

Parrotte and Surenu like this.
  17. The Cynical Space Traveler

The Cynical Space Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

Since I've started watching Friends, I've had to encounter the following pet peeve a lot:
    I'm mildly irritated by TV shows that have a main character that is a struggling actor/actress. It forces a bad performance from decent or good actors that doesn't even seem plausible.

MetaFace likes this.
  18. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Working six days a week, I want time to sleep and continue my friendship with best friend.

Also crappy jobs that act like they own you, I get paid $8 an hour, I make thousands of dollars for my store in a day, I work all the time, so much that when I'm not working I'm asleep until my next shift. Yet these assholes think that they have influence over me and think they own my life, I don't need their money, I actually have no bills, the money is just a comfort.

Omicron445 and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I am my own pet peeve. I can't make decisions and often can't stick with the ones I DO make.

Also, school timetables.
    4 WEEKS. I WENT TO SCHOOL EARLY IN THE MORN'N 4 TIMES, ONCE A WEEK, AND CLASSES WOULD BE DROPPED.
    HOW HARD IS IT TO CHANGE A GODDAMN TIMETABLE, GUYS??
    GO TO SCHOOL LAST WEEK TO NOTICE TIMETABLES CHANGED, GO TO SCHOOL TODAY TO HEAR IT FROM THE TEACHER I HAD CLASSES FROM.
    WTF PEOPLE??

Worst part is, if you don't go but there IS class, it's your fault and not that of the school.

Luckily school's over for now and I have about 7 weeks without their bullshit. The school's driving me up the wall so f*cking hard I'm going to damn well launch straight through the roof and probably hit a plane on my way to space.

20. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I'm bringing this back! I live next to a university. School just started up again. These kids are idiots. They're so loud and act like fools nonstop.

[​IMG]