WIP SunDrop Village (A Collaborative Effort)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 7, 2017.

1. OhGeeEmily

OhGeeEmily Void-Bound Voyager

If y'all need any art, concept drawings, or story help, I have way too much free time on my hands. I'm useless at coding but can give examples of my writing/art work!

• rockinrolla

rockinrolla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not to put to fine of a point on it. But you are WRONG! C# is a programming language. and xna is just that a framework. What I'm talking about is an actual toolset such as geck, aurora, ect. Not here learn to program c#. Here is a definition of a toolset for you https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(video_gaming)#Tools. Thanks for the sarcasm and, not hey I know how to program which obviously you do because of your prolific mods. But rather hey I'll develop tools that would make it easier for none programmers to create and edit content.

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you cant be bothered to learn anything about coding, then why should they spend their free time trying to make it easier for you to be lazy? Talking like that wont get you anywhere, and besides, this isn't the thread for that.

• rockinrolla

rockinrolla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well others have helped in the past such as platonymous machine mod, and lavapulse chicken mod, and even entoroax loc loader. so if you really want a project like this to set root you should collaborate and not berate. Just food for thought.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

ALL removes the need for people to themselves code *at a price*, anything done through ALL can be done only if the C# for it has been handled.

But, there is nothing ALL can do that *any other mod cant also do*
            ALL just enables non-coders to do these things by wrapping the C# in a different format.

• Cas_Sumner_0000

Cas_Sumner_0000 Aquatic Astronaut

If this is still happening then I might be able to do some stuff with sprinting and mapping maybe, but I have very little code experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There are already 2 of us dedicated to handling any coding req's, right now content is the main need.

• Cas_Sumner_0000

Cas_Sumner_0000 Aquatic Astronaut

Alright, what would you want me to make?

• Bon3z

Bon3z Aquatic Astronaut

If any assistance towards dialogue or character development is needed, I'm happy to help. :)

• SheepMilks

SheepMilks Phantasmal Quasar

I could help with any pixel art? ;w; Idk
                      I can just try to manage!

• Asconlite

Asconlite Space Spelunker

I would be really interested in helping writing dialogue if help is needed. I really don't know any code, but I am a fast learner. I would also be interested in managing where all the characters go at each time of the day. Hopefully I can help. I would also be really interested in developing a character or a family for the town. If there is a way for me to. Thanks.

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry to resurrect an old thread by commenting here, but I'm interested in helping out with sprites, dialogue, etc. I don't know where the discussion has moved to or if the project has died but I think this is an awesome thing for the community to do. If someone in charge could get me into the discord I'd love it.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Currently it has mostly gone the way of the dodo, people do still every so often post stuff they worked on, but its not really got any impulse behind it >_<

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

What do you do? Sprites, maps? Programming, tilesheets? I'll gladly send you an invite if you have some things to contribute! I'd let it be open-invite but that would take away all the surprise when/if it comes to surface plus cause members to lose focus on the project with a bunch of filler. Not that there is a lot of content so far but there is some progress.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
                              • mominthevalley

Sorry for not getting back to you. I'm new to these forums and overlooked the notification icon saying I got a reply to this comment. I have been trying to make a custom npc so maybe I could help with npcs for the new maps? Maybe I could help design some building interior maps and decorative items on tilesheets (cluttery stuff that give a place its personality)?

• NomadMods

NomadMods Tentacle Wrangler

I'm literally working on this right now, but I'm still in the design process. I made 15 NPC portrait sets, 1 sprite, a few buildings and a little bit of furniture. Let me know if it works out, maybe we can complete each other a little bit.

• mominthevalley

Ok I haven't worked on portraits (not that I won't, it's just a little daunting because I want to match stardew style and it's more high-res than the sprites), just some sprites so maybe I could help with that. I'll be on discord whenever I can figure out why it won't start up!

• NovaStarr

NovaStarr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As it stands, we are in desperate need of mappers, as mappers lay out the foundation of everything else. I appreciate all the people who want an NPC, but at this moment we are not looking for people to specifically create NPCs. This will change in time though, I promise!

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love how I make my map mods, and really want to add NPCs to certain ones, but no one ever offers the help...but then on this project, everyone is throwing themselves to make NPCs with no maps. Love this community.

All joking aside, not sure what help you need with maps, but I can do what I can

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
                                        • Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Are there custom tilesheets?