1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save File Editing Guide (For solving some common issues)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ConcernedApe, Mar 19, 2016.

1. justinemann

justinemann Seal Broken

you are a hero

• Celestina

Celestina Space Hobo

(Please disregard! I resolved my issue. I thought I had lost the copper pan, but it was in a forgotten chest down the mines!)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
      • Mephista

Mephista Void-Bound Voyager

What are the numbers for Shane's heart events, where you have to enter Marnie's Ranch while he is there as well? Can't trigger any of them, Although I tried for ages now on Weekends when he is home.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Shane heart events:

2 Heart: 611944
          *4 Heart: 3910674
          6 Heart: 3910975
          *7 Hearts 1: 3910974
          7 Hearts 2: 831125
          *8 Hearts: 3900074
          10 Hearts: 2128292 & 9581348

And, 4, the first 7, and 8 seemed to be tied to Marnie's Ranch after comparing the descriptions in the Wiki with the event data files.

putaytoe and aaabbbccc like this.
          • HeavenlyFirestar

HeavenlyFirestar Void-Bound Voyager

Emily never sent me my letter and I have no idea what to do. I haven't edited my save before and I have been at 10 hearts with her forever no letter and entering forest doesn't do anything

• MysticTempest

Is the weather sunny? It needs sunny weather, 10 hearts(bouquet), and have seen her previous events. If you want to upload your save I could take a closer look.

• HeavenlyFirestar

Attached Files:

• HeavenlyFirestar

sry for zip it was rejecting the file for some reason unzipped.

• MysticTempest

No worries; zipping up the files is very helpful.
                    That being said, this is the wrong savefile. It's brand new, only 2 days in-game.

• HeavenlyFirestar

sorry >///< my bad. here you go!

Attached Files:

• HeavenlyFirestar

do you need savegameinfo or the _old save?

• MysticTempest

No worries, it's all good! ^-^ And, I can recreate the SaveGameInfo with the file you gave me.

I've been taking a look, and you missed Emily's 8 heart event.
                          After 9am when the residences all open up; go into the Mayor's house. Do the event, and then the next day you should get the letter, and be able to do her 10 heart event(or day after if it's a raining/festival day) .

(Minor Edit: Just a small rewrite on my message to better clarify things.)

HeavenlyFirestar likes this.
                          • HeavenlyFirestar

Thank you. I deleted my old save file and totally forgot I had missed it on this save. Thanks for the help!

• HeavenlyFirestar

Wanna be friends on steam? I could always use more helpful friends. Plus I wanna find more people to play with once multiplayer hits eventually :3

• blabla2333

blabla2333 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey together,

want to know if the steps from the comunityCenter (normal/joja version) are also stored in the save.

I play with a friend over the MultiplayerMod (I am the host) and after the save we toke a break and now there is a error in the console and the CC is reseted, also the bridge at the fishers house.
                                I reported this to the Modauthor but I hope that this is also saved in the save file but I havent found anything yet for it.

Why the CC and the bridge are broken or why the hole save game seems to be broken is unknown but it is horrible, if there is no possibility to solve this and to open up a new game. We have
                                reached the end of spring and now such a punch ... I hope that this can be solved/repaired :/

• MysticTempest

The "steps" for Community Center/Joja... I'm guessing you mean the 'Bundles' you finish for each. Yes, those are stored in the save files. And, so is the bridge being fixed.

I did see someone else in another thread report the same issue with the Multiplayer Mod. If everything getting reset only happened after a single night. You could revert the savefile to the day before using the game's built-in backup. The "_old" files.

Starting a new save wouldn't do much if the mod is still broke, and you plan on still using it. You can use the CJB Item Spawner mod; to quickly catch you up on the bundles you already completed. And, then make constant backups if you're going to continue using the Multiplayer Mod until it's fixed.
                                  That'd be an easy way to repair it yourself.
                                  It can also be save edited by hand, but for that amount of work; it'd be best to just continue playing the fixed save in singleplayer mode only.

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

Hopefully this is the right place to post this! If not, please redirect me!

I play on OSX Sierra 10.12.4 through Steam. I followed the instructions here to find and backup my save file.

I edited my save file today to change my farmer's name. That was my only goal. I followed the steps listed here, but in addition to changing my farmer's name on the <name>_lotsofnumbers and SaveGameInfo files, i also changed it in the _old files.

When I logged into the game, the start screen had two identical farmers, one with my original name and one with the new name. I assumed this was because of Steam syncing. I played a day on the Renamed Farmer to make sure it worked, saved, exited to title, and deleted the original. After this I exited to desktop, closed Steam, reopened it, and launched Stardew Valley. Everything was perfect! No duplicate original farmer, just the one with the new name.

...Except that my spouse just told me he "refilled the farm's water bowl," with no mention of my pet's name. I didn't touch that info at all! Is this one of those bugs that fixes itself if I just leave the game alone for a day?

• MysticTempest

Are you on the latest version of the game; v1.2.30?
                                      That error used to show up in v1.1 of the game, but it was reported and fixed in the current Beta a while back. Though, I haven't checked it recently; so it could've regressed.

But, it shouldn't be related to the save edit; as far as I know. The original error was a hardcoded error in the game itself that had to be fixed by the devs. And, with localization they moved that dialogue piece to an external file for translation purposes.

• andiluxe

andiluxe Phantasmal Quasar

I assume so, since I have automatic updates turned on, and Steam doesn't tell me I have anything pending. I am not sure where to verify the game version in Steam though, so it's just an assumption! If there's somewhere I should check, let me know. I know I downloaded 1.2, and I'm 99% sure there was another update after that, but it doesn't hurt to be positive.

• MysticTempest

Ah okay.
                                          If you launch your game; at the title menu where it has the "New Load Exit" options. There's a "?" in the bottom right corner for the Credits. Click on that, and it should bring up the Credits overlay, and in the bottom left corner of the Credits screen you should see the version number. That's the easiest way to tell.