Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artlan

Artlan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This may be because according to your screenshot there, you're running Stardew 1.0 and SMAPI 1.11+ state "Requires Stardew Valley 1.2.26"

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.13 preview 6 is now available for Linux/Mac/Windows (download). See the release notes for a list of changes.

This is a preview version for players who like living on the edge and testing upcoming features. The official release will happen in a few days if all goes well. Let me know if you find any issues. :)

Attached Files:

• animotiks

animotiks Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Sorry for bothering you, but I'm still having problems with the libgdiplus DLL-not-found error (I think?) on SMAPI 1.12 (and with 1.13) on SDV 1.2.30. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm trying to use the Portraiture mod on Mac OS X but it seems to not be working. I've posted the error log below. I've tried replacing the libgdiplus.dylib directly but it still doesn't work. I've also tried to use the mod without any other mods running, and other mods I use can run just fine.

Thank you ~

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@animotiks Can you post a screenshot of your game folder (/Users/demonic/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS)?

• animotiks

animotiks Void-Bound Voyager

Here. This should be it?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks! I'm looking into possible solutions with a couple of modders on Linux/Mac. :)

animotiks likes this.
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.13 is now available on Linux/Mac/Windows!

This update focuses on stability and upcoming features — it improves error recovery, offers help if your game crashed to desktop, fixes various bugs in previous versions, and updates the mod compatibility list for Stardew Valley 1.2. For modders, it adds a new Context.IsWorldReady flag, adds a debug console command, adds basic context info to the log, lets mods dispose on exit, and updates the deprecation rules. The mod loading has also been rewritten to allow unit testing and support upcoming mod dependencies.

Changes for players:
                • SMAPI now recovers better from mod draw errors and detects when the error is irrecoverable.
                • SMAPI now recovers automatically from errors in the game loop when possible.
                • SMAPI now remembers if your game crashed and offers help next time you launch it.
                • Fixed installer sometimes finding redundant game paths.
                • Fixed save events not being raised after the first day on Linux/Mac.
                • Fixed error on Linux/Mac when a mod loads a PNG immediately after the save is loaded.
                • Updated mod compatibility list for Stardew Valley 1.2.
                Changes for mod developers:
                • Added a Context.IsWorldReady flag for mods to use.
                  This indicates whether a save is loaded and the world is finished initialising, which starts at the same point that SaveEvents.AfterLoad and TimeEvents.AfterDayStarted are raised. This is mainly useful for events which can be raised before the world is loaded (like update tick).
                • Added a debug console command which lets you run the game's debug commands (e.g. debug warp FarmHouse 1 1 warps you to the farmhouse).
                • Added basic context info to logs to simplify troubleshooting.
                • Added a Mod.Dispose method which can be overridden to clean up before exit. This method isn't guaranteed to be called on every exit.
                • Deprecated mods that don't have a Name, Version, or UniqueID in their manifest. These will be required in SMAPI 2.0.
                • Deprecated GameEvents.GameLoaded and GameEvents.FirstUpdateTick. You can move any affected code into your mod's Entry method.
                • Fixed maps not recognising custom tilesheets added through the SMAPI content API.
                • Internal refactoring for upcoming features.
                As always, feel free to post bugs/suggestions/comments in this thread. :)

animotiks likes this.
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.13.1 is now available! This optional update fixes a crash when loading mods that have no name or version. If you already installed SMAPI 1.13 and aren't experiencing a crash, there's no need to update; the fix will be included in SMAPI 1.14 two weeks from now. :)

• Corymwarren

Corymwarren Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Norton wont let me install. I restore the files, but it keeps stopping me from installing them.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Corymwarren: You can tell your antivirus that SMAPI is fine, so it stops removing it. Try searching online for "Norton exclusion list" to find instructions for your version.

• Corymwarren

thanks. i ended up telling Norton not to scan downloads for 15 minutes. I got it installed. now just trying to track down a few mods. thank you for the help.

• Corymwarren

got it installed, told Norton to trust it. Norton restarted my computer and deleted it, even though I set it to trust, and uninstalled it.

• legguie

legguie Void-Bound Voyager

when i launch my mod starwdew valley it shows this Screenshot (10).png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Make sure you add the StardewModdingAPI.exe in your game folder to Norton's exclusion list, not the one in the downloaded folder. If that doesn't work, you may need to contact Norton technical support for help.

One of your game files seems to be missing. Try verifying your game integrity to reset your game files. This won't affect SMAPI mods, but any XNB mods will need to be reinstalled.

• legguie

legguie Void-Bound Voyager

thanks for the help it works now

• postie-toastie

postie-toastie Aquatic Astronaut

Hey, so I updated SMAPI and I added the StardewModdingAPI in my Stardew Valley folder, and I tried opening that application but now my character looks like this:

upload_2017-5-22_15-7-54.png

All my mods work just fine, it's just my character. I'm pretty new to SMAPI and everything and bugs, so how can I fix this? Thank you!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• postie-toastie

postie-toastie Aquatic Astronaut

Hi!! Thank you. I tried testing something by deleting the GetDressed mod since I don't really use it. I deleted the folder under SMAPI, as well as the Stardew Valley Mods folder. But I still load it up and my character still has the same glitch. My log looks like this as of today:

Not sure if anything has changed. i'm really sorry to keep bugging you like this, I'm very confused and I'm not sure which mod is messing it up.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@postie-toastie You can attach the log file to your post, no need to copy & paste the contents. :) GetDressed changes your save file, so uninstalling it won't reset your appearance to normal. I suggest reinstalling GetDressed, using it to change your appearance back to the default options, and then uninstalling it.

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.