Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lelelego

lelelego Big Damn Hero

Yeah, sorry about that... it just crashes right after. :( I'll try it when 1.13 is released, thanks for all your hard work! :)

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

• Oblitus

Oblitus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Better Sprinklers is broken by SMAPI 1.13 - it loads after sprinklers do their job.

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, it's broken.

• meiong

meiong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm running Stardew Valley on Mac, running SMAPI 1.13, and the newest iteration of the GetDressed mod is running into issues. The dresser does not display, and when you click on the space it's meant to be it works, but limits your options to only pants, one face type, and one shoe type. Attached is the log!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @meiong. That's a known issue with Get Dressed and similar mods on Mac. I'll put a potential fix in the upcoming SMAPI 1.14. :)

CookiesByTheSea and meiong like this.
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks for reporting it. I'll take a look soon.

• K33p Sm1l1ng

K33p Sm1l1ng Void-Bound Voyager

I just downgraded from 1.13.1 to 1.12 and its working again but thy for sharing the problem here. I thought it appeared because of the mod Longevity.

• Violation2014

Violation2014 Void-Bound Voyager

has anyone experienced a problem with your farm not saving and resetting back to cluttered original upon reload of your game if so any chance you figured out what mod may have caused this issue? I have tried for 3 days now to find the culprit and doing a completely new install to try and find it.

Edit: Found my culprit was a mod not listed on here. (Stardew Valley Expansion) forgot i added it to test out.

Side note I have noticed that save anywhere and the better sprinklers are both using same hotkey. not sure if there is a way to change or set hotkeys?

Last edited: May 29, 2017
                  • General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

Better Sprinklers likes to not work.
                    If I go look at my garden, the dirt is watered, but if I quit the game,
                    the garden won't be watered when I get back on.
                    It will however, work if I play multiple days in a row in one sitting.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@General_Durandal @Oblitus I just added a new unofficial update for Better Sprinklers (see first post) which fixes issues in the latest versions. :)

General_Durandal likes this.
                      • Violation2014

back to bug hunting again lol. started a brand new game. got to the part where i go to see the wizard. i enter his building. the cut scene starts and poof i'm outside the tower stuck. tried to use cjb cheat teleport but i keep getting spawned and stuck in odd unmovable places and can not escape out of game. having to force crash the game.

Edit. Started new game again. I used cjb cheat menu to bump relations on robin and other guy starting to max. had a cut scene entering robin's carpenter shop and poof randomly teleported to an unknown location stuck had to force close game again. **side note deleted all previous save games.**

Last edited: May 30, 2017
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Violation2014: Does that happen if you...
                          1. bump your friendships again;
                          2. close the game;
                          3. launch the game without SMAPI (run Stardew Valley.exe in your game folder);
                          4. view the cutscene again?

• Violation2014

oh so that's a workaround? is it caused by the sudden increase in friendship on someone?

edit: tried that my game is so heavily modded that the game instantly restarts instead of loading. i.e. keeps kicking me to the title screen.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Violation2014 Nope, that's just to figure out what's causing your issue. If it still happens without SMAPI, it's probably an issue with your game files. If it doesn't happen without SMAPI, it's probably an issue with one of your SMAPI mods. Feel free to come chat in #modding on Discord instead, and we'll help you figure it out. :)

• Violation2014

appreciate it, i'm somewhat used to modding games ... elderscrolls morrowind oblivion etc. kinda surprised this one has me a bit stumped. such a pain testing one mod at a time to try and figure out whats conflicting with what.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Pathos, did you miss my post or don't know the answer? :p

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Minakie Sorry, I forgot to respond.

Nope, CJB Cheats Menu doesn't give XP for scythe harvesting. Pull requests are welcome if someone wants to contribute. I'm maintaining the mod while the author is away, but development is a low priority since it's not open-source. :)

Minakie likes this.
                                    • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I may have ideas for mods, but I still have no idea how pull requests work. xD

Maybe I'll drop by on Discord this weekend and have someone explain PRs to me. :p

• gussy palore

gussy palore Space Spelunker

upload_2017-5-31_16-28-5.png

so this happened and i'm not sure what to do
                                        like, i downloaded a few mods but i don't remember deleting the springobjects.xnb?

please help i'm so confused thank you

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.