List of Announced Game Information (Retired due to release)

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Blue, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

Well, the devs are working really hard to get it out ASAP, and keep in mind that Starbound is still in development, so you might need higher specs once it gets released (hopefully you won't).

2. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

true, but i'm kind of assuming no one uses computer with CPUs older than Core 2 Duo anymore, i hope so (sorry if you do :X )

3. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Saying it runs on low spec computers is just that, saying it does. The info is not really useful until we get the actual Specs needed for Starbound to run properly. Keep in mind there are various features they have implimented and may impliment in the near future that affect performance or requirements. We have no clue what the team considers low spec either.

Things like adding weather, swaying trees, special lighting effects, shadow effects, and particle effects can all be taxing on a computer even in a 2d setting. I am hoping on two things. Their optimization efforts keep the spec requirements down (more people can play means more friends from anothe forum will play) and I am hoping we have the choice via in game option menus to tweak the game as much as possible to find our ideal performance spot for any given machine.

I would say a launch by the end of the year is a strong chance hence my statement. But it is correct they could if they chose to postpone launch until a later day.

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. lordmarum

lordmarum Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah, i think race selection should be an important decision... not just something aesthetic

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

This is very useful as my eye does not catch that much things so I don't notice that much content.

7. omervekemal

omervekemal Poptop Tamer

My laptop MUST open the game, itel core i5, windows7 and yes this is a good laptop i think, opens crysis2 and COD, it must open starbound... Must.:mad:

8. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

If it can run terraria it can easily run Starbound, one of the things they mentioned is usin a cleaner and less laggy engine than terraria. I'm pretty sure you are in the clear.

9. Firered

Firered Void-Bound Voyager

Got some info on multi-owned planets and base defence:

[​IMG]
    Status #starboundX TiyX

[13:15] <Firered> Awesome.
    [13:15] <Firered> How would bases on multiple planets be like?
    [13:16] <Firered> And anything about defence for the bases when your not there?
    [13:16] <Tiy> youll be able to set up defenses
    [13:17] <Firered> Awesome,,, Anything on multiple bases/owned planets?
    [13:17] <Tiy> yup you can do that
    [13:18] <Firered> Neat... Thanks for the info. And also... Sorry if this is kinda boring you.
    [13:18] <Tiy> dont be silly! :)
    [13:18] <Firered> Ok. :p
    [13:18] <Firered> Thanks for the info.
    [13:19] <Firered> It was nice meeting you. Your a really awesome dev.
    [13:19] <Tiy> aww thank you :)
    [13:19] <Tiy> nice meeting you too
    [13:20] <Firered> Can't wait for Starbound's release date. It's good to let some time into games. Unlike some games that end up being unfinished and/or unadded features.
    [13:20] <Tiy> yeah i wont rush it out :)
    [13:20] <Firered> Ok. Bye. :p
    [13:20] <Firered> But also... Can i post this onto the forums?
    [13:21] <Tiy> sure
    [13:21] <Firered> Ok thanks.

Tom Baker and Axe Garian like this.
  10. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

:eek: Must be December NAOWW!

Firered and Tom Baker like this.
  11. Tom Baker

Tom Baker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, it's about time i will steal a Type 40 TARDIS.

Firered likes this.
  12. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

If your laptop can run Crysis 2 and COD decently it will likely have no issues with Starbound.

13. Ninjaxenomorph

Ninjaxenomorph Industrial Terraformer

Axe Garian and Lazor Llama like this.
  14. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Maybe it's actually a ninja dressed as a plant!

15. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Nah... surely Tiy won't waste a perfectly cooler alternate idea of 'Plant dressed as Ninja'! :p

Mianso likes this.
  16. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Hi guys,
    I just wanted to make sure that it's clear that a lot of this info has come from prerelease chatter. Which means each feature could be inaccurate, subject to change, modified, dropped entirely, altered beyond recognition or anything else.
    Although that's not to say Blue hasn't done an awesome job compiling good info here. I just don't want anyone to take this as set in stone.

17. But Plant people are in-game, right?
    Right?:catface2:
    [​IMG]

18. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

They better be. I wanna specialize in axes and start cutting people down, just to show them that we dont like being chopped down and burned for fuel. Maybe Ill get a bonfire going.

xboy777, Cirom, blind sniper and 2 others like this.
  19. Danger Sexpile

Danger Sexpile Subatomic Cosmonaut

Plants cutting plants? Oh the irony

xboy777, Cirom and Axe Garian like this.
  20. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

It's just as ironic as humans killing each other.

xboy777, Cirom and Axe Garian like this.