RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Wow cool will you please share this with me.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

It looks gorgeous @hwayunhae !!!!
      But won't the extended dog area cause disturbance for the NPC's schedules? Won't they like, hit a wall and stay there?

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

That's why I changed the paths to route around the area. I noticed that on the base map the npcs route was going through where I wanted to extend it, so I moved the path so they would walk around. (I noticed in a lot of the map files that have changes that pass through npc routes, they forget to adjust the paths layer to match the physical obstacles).

@Coolwyngs I can send it to you via pm once I'm done editing the event maps (christmas, fair, halloween, egg festival) so dusty doesn't revert to the box on special occasions. I'll pack them all up and send them to you then.

• Coolwyngs

okay thank you very much

• hwayunhae

@Karmylla

I took a picture of the paths adjustment I made for this one to show you how I moved it. From what I've seen of the maps that make those changes (that work as intended), you just need to give the npcs a route that will get them from point a to point b. (or in this case, stopping point to stopping point). So as long as all the paths are connected, they should be able to make it around dusty's new enclosure correctly.

New Pathing:

[​IMG]

Edit: Though I just spotted a change I need to make in the path to prevent them from getting caught up on that rock. just gotta set the turn point a little earlier so they don't try to walk over it. d'oh.

Attached Files:

Coolwyngs and Karmylla like this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I didn't know this! Oh!
              Really, this means I can do a lot more things! That's great, thank you for telling me!

• hwayunhae

No problem. As soon as I saw the paths.png I was like "I know this game. This is that old computer game where you have to lay the right tiles to make the little ball roll to the end!" Hehehe. It was a very annoying game because the ball had to hit certain obstacles and then you had to put a different tile over the path it had already gone over......-froths at the memory-

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hm, guys, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about updating the Town Festival maps, so Dusty's Area will look, well, weird (non-existent) till I add the new files. Sorry about this. I will also make his doggy area bigger and add a dog house, and add other details.
                  An update will be available tomorrow or the day after tomorrow!

hwayunhae and FarmerRen like this.
                  • Coolwyngs

Cool thank you.

• calferns

calferns Space Hobo

This mod is great, thank you so much! I'm using the Town edit but i noticed some weird graphics around the edges of roads and bridges (see pics). So far only in Fall (I tested Spring which was fine but not sure about winter or summer).

2017-05-14 (1).png 2017-05-14 (2).png 2017-05-14.png

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are using a map recolor that isnt compatible.

Karmylla likes this.
                        • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Just like Entoarox said, you are using a tilesheet that is not compatible!
                          If you would like, you could tell me whose Town tilesheet you have installed and I'll make it compatible with Dusty's area!

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!!ATTENTION!!!

The Mod has been updated!

[​IMG]

This time, I bring you a more well kept Dusty area, which adds a seasonal Doggy House! Also, I made his area a little bigger, and gave him a little ball :D
                            Also, I've organised everything and now the main file ("Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits"), includes the games' original Town tilesheets. If you want to use another one, at the moment I've created two compatibility tilesheets (please check the main post).
                            If you would like another tilesheet to be compatible with Dusty's Area, please say so!

I've also edited the Town Festivals maps! You can now see Dusty in all his glory, though things are different during Halloween... :p

I would like to thank @hwayunhae who helped me along this update, and for being such a great person to talk to :D Thank you so much!!!!

I hope you like this new update! Don't forget to pet Dusty!!!! :whoop:

• missashofoz

missashofoz Void-Bound Voyager

This is amazing! I'd really like to drop it in my game, but I noticed a comment earlier up about how map recolors might not work with it. I'm currently using this recolor off NexusMods: " Just a New Map Recolor ". As of 1.2 it is still working just fine, is there anyway to make the two work together? If not, I can totally deal with a little discoloration on certain edges, it's fine.

Also, just for clarifcation, the 'farm cave' is the mushroom/berry cave, right?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Check the main post, I have already added the compatibility tilesheets for Eemie's "Just a new map recolor", as well as others!
                                And yes, the farm cave is the mushroom/berry cave in you farm! Though, this edit looks better in the berry cave because, on the mushroom cave, the boxes' placement was not changed, since it's hardcoded, so they will not be in the centre of the map.

• missashofoz

Okay, awesome! Thanks a lot. I must have missed it even though I did read the post over. Meh. Anyway, yes, amazing, now downloading and adding and I'm very excited because I LOVE this mod a lot

Karmylla likes this.
                                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

!!!ATTENTION!!!

The Mod has been TRANSLATED!

My friends, we have thee first translation for this mod!!!!! And it's in GERMAN!
                                    Please thank @Bregodon, at NexusMods, for taking the initiative and doing this for all of us! The file has been added in the front post, enjoy! :D
                                    And if you are interested in translating it and sharing it, please contact me!
                                    Thank you!

• Well, I'm interested in translating it to Spanish, how can I do it, sir?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I guess you'll have to do like Bregodon did, which was unpack the my "StringFromMaps.xnb" and translate each message!
                                        What I believe he did was, he unpacked the games' German "StringsFromMaps", and just added my new messages in German.
                                        I think that's all you need to do!

• missashofoz

Hello again! Hate to be a bother, but I'm having an issue with the tilesheets. It didn't become apparent until Fall, but in the town, the edges of the paths are colored bright orange instead of the calm green of Eemie's mod. I downloaded the mod file, and then I downloaded the tilesheets you provided for Eemie's mod and put them in the appropriate places.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with some files in my folder -- in the 'Content' folder there are files that look like this:

fall_town.es.-ES.xnb
                                          fall_town.ja-JP.xnb
                                          fall_town.pt-BR.xnb

A bunch of different files like those. It's the same for Spring, Summer, and Winter. I've also seen files like:

fall_outdoorsTileSheet.es-ES.xnb
                                          fall_outdoorsTileSheet.ja-JP.xnb

And so on. Also there for Spring, Summer, and Winter. In the Maps folder, there are similar files with the ES, JP, BR, CN extension on the end (right before.xnb) but it affects, not only the town and tilesheet files, but a lot of other random ones such as the Community Center, the Bath House, the Beach Luau, the Club, and other things. I genuinely have no idea where they come from because I don't remember ever seeing them before (I could be blind though) and they're not part of any mod I have installed, so I just assumed they were part of an update on Steam's end.

Could these files be messing with your mod? Hopefully I gave enough information! I may take these random files out and see if the game runs without them. I somehow doubt it, though.