Modding Help How to change the sound of the gravel path?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by sunlite, May 16, 2017.

1. sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I retextured the gravel path to be a wooden path, but it still makes a muddy, crunching sound which doesn't fit the texture, so is it possible to change the sound of it when you step on it?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

You'd have to probably go into the WaveBank.xwb file and edit that sound; doing so however will probably replace that sound everywhere in the game with whatever you changed it to (not just gravel paths, every instance of that sound if it's used in other places). Otherwise, there is no easy way and you're just going to have to live with it or replace one of the wood path textures instead of the gravel one.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you! I guess I'll replace one of the wood paths, no biggie.

• theseaminer

theseaminer Master Chief

If you're XNB modding, you target the Back layer (assuming you used them on the Back layer) and set the Property to Type and the value Wood. It should produce a wooden sound. I haven't confirmed this though.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

While this does work (and there are many different sound types you can apply to tiles, such as stone, dirt, grass, etc. via map editing in tIDE), this person was referring to the path tiles that you place in-game (crystal floor, wood floor, stone path, etc. under \TerrainFeatures\Flooring.xnb).