Modding Help Tier 2+ Recipes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by EclipticWulf, May 15, 2017.

1. EclipticWulf

EclipticWulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed that only the tier 1 recipes are usually included in the player.config.patch file (after analyzing multiple different mods that add recipes). Where are the other tier indicators stored?

I'm trying to add tiered, craftable melee weapons. So, for example, tier 1 consists of a copper weapon, tier 2 will have silver, and so on. How would I make the tier 2 weapons only show up when tier 2 is achieved (as well as the other tiers)? Is it stored in a LUA script somewhere?

I know one solution would just be making it only available on a tier 2 crafting station, but that seems like the cheap way out. So any help would be appreciated.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Have the recipient be unlocked upon pickup of the tier 1 item, the same way the vanilla game does with tier 5 and 6 armors.

EclipticWulf likes this.
  3. EclipticWulf

Is this defined in the item/weapon/tool/etc file? (I remember it used to be but didn't see anything)

4. lazarus78

You put it into the item you want to precede it.

Example:
    Code:
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [ "MyItem" ]

So you would put this on your copper weapon to unlock the silver.

EclipticWulf and projectmayhem like this.
  5. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The way vanilla weapons are "tiered" is by using the groups filtering feature, while having the recipes in player.config's "tier1" array; each crafting station has a "filter" that'll only show recipes in defined "groups"; for example, the ironbroadsword recipe is in the groups [ "craftinganvil", "weapons", "all" ], while the durasteelbroadsword's in the groups [ "craftinganvil3", "weapons", "all" ]

EclipticWulf likes this.
  6. EclipticWulf

Oh that still works? I'll definitely use that, then.

I found out why I couldn't find much in any of the player.config.patch files - I was looking mostly at the Avali-Triage and avikan mods...and they were in the species files, not the config. Thank you for your help again lazarus!

I knew that much. But I was hoping there was another way, which lazarus pointed out that it still worked. I think I may just go with this though, I am sure some players would find it annoying they are at end game (for example) and need to craft every tier at least once to reach the highest.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    lazarus78 likes this.
  7. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah that's what I thought too, that or people won't even think of doing it in the first place because all they see's a weak sword

EclipticWulf likes this.
  8. lazarus78

You could also use the "upgradeable craftingtable" and unlock new tiers that way.

EclipticWulf likes this.