1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved [Fixed in 1.3.1] Major issue with paint mode.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sinxar, May 14, 2017.

1. Sinxar

Sinxar Subatomic Cosmonaut

• What happened? - Attempting to paint background walls results in many tiles that cannot be painted.
    • What were you doing in the game at the time? - Painting background walls.
    • Whether you were able to trigger the bug again by repeating what you did. - Yes. It occurs 100% of the time but I don't know a way to tell which tiles will experience this.
    • Your operating system name and version. - Windows 10 x64 (1703)
    • Are you using any mods? - no
    • Whether you're in full screen or windowed mode. - tried both fullscreen and windowed. First noticed the bug in windowed mode

It appears this bug has been in the game since 1.0 at least.

There is a workaround where you can place foreground blocks over the background tiles that refused to be painted then paint the foreground the desired color then break the foreground blocks and the background remains the desired color.

At this point I am not sure the devs even know about it as it breaks basic functionality of the matter manipulator and it has been in the game since release. Maybe it isn't a bug and is intended? Would be nice to know what the status is on this issue.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

This has been known about for a while.

3. Sinxar

So it is intended?

4. lazarus78

No, not intended, but it is know.

5. Sinxar

Can you link me to their statement on it or a list of known bugs? I mean its been in the game since at least release last year, and here we are still with new content being developed with longstanding bugs still present.

6. lazarus78

It has been reported several times before. Simple as that. I'm not going to get into what chucklefish should have done by now. It serves no purpose. The fact remains, it has been reported before.

7. Sinxar

So we shouldn't report bugs? I got more to post but if reporting them is frowned upon then I'll won't post them. I am just confused as to what you mean. You have no information but keep just keep saying it has been reported. Is there an actual bug tracker? Is there a list of known bugs?

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The devs use an internal issue tracker and put the issues on the list. That the paint tool fails on painting certain blocks in foreground and/or background is known and has been reported multiple times. If you want to know if a bug has been reported you can use the search function in the support section for now (e.g. "paint tool bug" in this particular case). But i will ask about a "known bugs" topic for the support forums.

~ Iris ~

9. lazarus78

10. Sinxar

It has finally been fixed! Thanks CF.

11. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved for now but keeping the topic open just in case.

Regards
    Iris Blanche