1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite Race

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tango132, May 11, 2017.

1. Tango132

Tango132 Space Hobo

Whats your favorite race and why?

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Probably the Apex, thanks in no small part to the sheer variety on offer. The MiniKnog have space-age technology and luxurious quarters for VIPs, while Apex citizens live in 20th century-level towns right out of 1984, while the rebels live in militarized camps like guerilla gorillas. Gives their culture a bit more depth, as well as plenty of neat things to work with in building.

Avians come in a close second, for similar reasons. They're kinda cute, too.

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Floran! They're pretty cool to me, for some reason. I like how they look. I also like Novakids because they're neat conceptually.

4. SkruShu

SkruShu Space Spelunker

I love the concept of the Novakid and their old western-style towns.

5. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hylotl for their culture and Japanese buildings. Avians for how they look like and pirate ships. Apex for most interesting lore.

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i like the avians because they are the fluffiest. i am disappointed there are no fluffier races though.

Yoseiri and Jonesy like this.
  7. eefge

eefge Pangalactic Porcupine

there are bunnykin race

8. Bonabopn

is that a reply to me? i'm not sure
    do you mean the bunnykin statue in avian tombs? that's not an actual race, it's fictional, and is used to represent the tombs of criminals and heretics for avians.

9. Lavender Aces

Lavender Aces Space Spelunker

I like the Hylotl for the variety of building style options they can have. You could go for a peaceful dojo or a flashy arcade! I really enjoy both styles, so Hylotl are my favorite.

10. eefge

eefge Pangalactic Porcupine

yes there is really a bunnykin
    check here
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732452461

11. Bonabopn

12. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

I just think birds are neat. Also, Avians have the second richest lore in the game in my opinion

13. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I like the Florans for having a very calming visual style and being generally cute, but I prefer Novakid dungeons for being simple to run through rather than a pain where I have to dig to get to items and constantly switch the direction in which I'm going and keep track of what I've already looted.

14. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

15. dullreverie

dullreverie Void-Bound Voyager

Avian by far. I love their culture and their religion.

16. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hylotl, for the same reasons. I love the Japanese vibe

17. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

Probably Apex. Hylotl and Human are tied for second.

I'm normally torn between the races for various reasons.

Apex/Human = Best armors.

Hylotl/Human(/Floran) = Best ships.

Apex/Hylotl = Best physical appearance.

18. Gobi Slave

Gobi Slave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Definitely Avian. For a number of reasons.

In addition to loving the way that they look (including their racial gear and ships), I find their culture and lore fascinating. I've personally gone to see many of the ancient ruins in central America and I gotta say, the team here nailed it with the design choices for the Avian people.

Plus, they actually wrote out a full history of the Avians that included the rise of the Kluexian faith ( http://starbounder.org/Abridged_History_of_the_Avians ). This was, unfortunately, removed from the game prior to the full release, but it would have made the Avian lore the most developed by far. (though I do love the Big Ape version of Jack and the beanstalk) In fact, I think that my favorite removed lore has to come from the Avians, like their 'Air Shanty' for example, that I'd really like to see put to music.

And I love their architecture and decorative items. And their names, while sometimes hard to pronounce, are really cool and fun to say.

19. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Novakid Dungeons??
    Am I missing something?

20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Well, towns.