RELEASED Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Maps, Spouse Rooms, Farm Cave, Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Karmylla, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

Thank you for the update! I love what you did to Elliott's shack (The Tom Kha Soup! The bookshelf! The knickknacks on top of the piano! The dark wood!) and Sandy's shop! <333

Karmylla likes this.
    • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Are you going to be making a edit of the witches house as well?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Probably not, I think it looks great as it is, honestly!
        But who knows, I had the same opinion on the Trailer map, but I did edit it... :p

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Cool I hope that you decide to make it. You're work is wonderful.

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

@Karmylla I hope you don't but in my game I'll probably end up moving the tv over in your map (for mayor lewis' house) so I can reach the flyer expanded crevices adds for unlocking...I think it was a bridge. I love your town edits, but I've found I can't live without EC. /^.^

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You don't need to! I've checked and you are able to reach the flyer, the TV doesn't interfere in any way! In fact, I moved so it COULD be reached!
              Like I said on the main post, I've edited the maps so they would be compatible with Extended Crevices :p

hwayunhae likes this.
              • hwayunhae

My brain is everywhere at once today so I must have missed that change in the main post. THANK YOU. I love your maps and I hated having to switch back to the old mayors house even just to get to that flyer. Hehe. And I'm super happy that the change with the strings and messages has been figured out. now we can see all your wonderful secrets again!

• Maurality

Maurality Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having an issue with Dusty's area. It shows your edit with the dog sign moved to the right, but instead of there being an opening the fence and dog sign are still there. When I interact with that spot it says 'StringsFromMaps: Inside'. I double checked to make sure I didn't place anything in the wrong folders or forget to overwrite something so I'm not sure what I could have done wrong.

• hwayunhae

I know that map dialogue now has to be moved to a separate xnb in the strings folder (per this post in the tIDE discussion topic), and after checking the map for this mod, I don't think your problem is the mod itself. Do you have any mods installed that would change the town.xnb? Like Expanded Crevices, or VIP for instance?

• Maurality

Ah thank you! :) I have both Expanded Crevices and VIP. Turns out the issue was VIP. Took it out of the ALL locations and Karmylla's edit showed just fine.

Karmylla likes this.
                      • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Could you printscreen the issue? I think you didn't place the files in their place, like the tilesheets, did you?
                        Or, you might have other files interfering with the town map.

(And I just noticed that I need to upload a new file with the original town tilesheets with the dusty area, because I used eemie's map recolour, aaaaaahh)

• partariothegoth

partariothegoth Void-Bound Voyager

...almost every day now since installing this mod I go to dusty and trigger the "who's a good boy" dialogue because it makes me so happy to be giving that dog some much needed love and attention. Seriously if I spend the whole day at the desert, in the mines or on the farm, and during festival days, if I remember it, I go back in and do it, even if it's past 12 or 1 pm, so thank you for giving us access to him, it's amazing.

Karmylla likes this.
                          • Maurality

Androxilogin's VIP was interfering with the town map. Once I removed it, I was able to interact with Dusty (finally! That poor dog). Thank you for your edits, btw. I love them.

Karmylla likes this.
                            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

That was the idea, I'm glad you like it! :D

Also, everyone, I've added a file with the original town tilesheets, updated with the Dusty area.
                              You should download this if you are not using Eemie's "Just a new map recolour", which is included in the main file "Karmylla's Immersive Map Edits"!
                              In case you want me to update a different Town tilesheets so you can enjoy Dusty 24/7, let me know :)

• hwayunhae

Yeah, VIP is a pain to get to work with other mods that edit the town.xnb, so I plan to take it out of my game as well. I still feel horrible that dusty is living in a cardboard box, though, so when I update my personal map to include the changes vip would have made in my game anyway, I think I'll put in a doghouse for dusty to live in. (I saw another mod did it for the main farm by using assets from the mouse house roofing area of the main tilesheet....)

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

You know, I was thinking of changing the dog house, but I was kind of happy with the card box atm. I will probably add a new doggy house for him in the future, if you would rather wait for that! Or you could do it yourself, ofc!

• hwayunhae

If you do add one, I will likely be way more happy with whatever you come up with, but for now I'll cobble something together so he's not sitting in soggy cardboard when it rains. (I mean, even Linus gets a tent. why does the poor doggy only get a box?)

@Maurality

I fixed the problem with VIP and this mod, so if you still want to use VIP, you can use this unofficial compatibility patch instead. (the only thing I did was take the section about dusty's area out of the manifest.json)

HopeWasHere, Karmylla and Maurality like this.
                                    • khai9999

khai9999 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Karmylla likes this.
                                    • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@khai9999 it has been added! Go to the front page and download it! :)

khai9999 likes this.
                                      • hwayunhae

@Karmylla I finished my personal edit of the town map, and I wanted to show you what I came up with for the dog house. Its basically using the resources from your map edit of dusty (I had to move him on the map itself cause the spot he was in left little dusty's all over my shenandoah acres map, but I got it working somehow), the landscapes file, and a recolor of one of the houses in the spring_town xnb file which I...will have to look again to figure out which mod it came from. The mod altered the house on the upper left and the colors of the trees. (When I find a file I like, I use photoshop to combine the files so I don't have to choose between say, the pokemon town items, the hotspring behind the joja mart, the improved food bowls, the nice mailbox, or the beautiful multicolored trees.)

I also widened the area to make room for the doghouse, repathed some of the walking zones so the npcs wouldn't get stuck, gave him a bush to play with, and an extra bowl with special treats in it. -is seriously thinking of drawing a "Present Bone" sprite so I can give him one to chew on. I'm starting to like this dog too much. He's gonna have a better life than the ones on my farm at this rate. -note to self: edit all my farm maps to have pet hotels for all the pets I get from the more pets mod-

Dusty's New Digs:

[​IMG]

Edit: The red and white house is part of the zcustom tilesheets from Ali's Forest Map. Post has been edited so credit goes where it is due. (Its a really nice house omg)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
                                          HopeWasHere and Karmylla like this.