RELEASED MysticTempest's Tea Mod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MysticTempest, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

2. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

That's just a graphics edit of the items and crops image file, right? I can do it in photshop the way I made my custom personal use furniture mashup. If its okay with MysticTempest, I'll combine them for you and upload them.

- I'd been meaning to combine them for personal use anyway, I was just being lazy. :/

Edit: I just finished merging them. The version I use is the Morecrops compatible one, so when/if I upload, that's the one it'll be for.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
      MysticTempest and Zalkyria like this.
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for jumping in, and offering to customize the spritesheets; hwayunhae! I really appreciate it! You can certainly upload it.

Zalkyria, hopefully hwayunhae's offer works for you.

Zalkyria likes this.
      • Zalkyria

It does :) Thanks!

• hwayunhae

TY for giving permission! Since the other uploader has been gone for a long, long time, I'll just upload the merged files, and if they come back and want me to take them down, then I will. :D

As I said before, you'll need the MoreCrops version of the file from Mystic Tempest's original post, then replace the file structure for that one with the file structure in mine. My zip only contains the altered xnbs, but not the rest of the mod. (That way if Mystic Tempest makes changes to the shop extender or the ObjectInformation files, but not the two files affected by my change, you can still use this one by doing the same thing again.) Hope it helps! <3

Edit: I forgot to mention that I didn't include the plant cropping beta thing (since it's in beta and I wasn't sure whether you wanted it. If you did, just let me know and I'll up a new file). I also didn't touch the craftables xnb because MysticTempest's mod doesn't really affect that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
          • Zalkyria

Thank you so much and I do want the crop data sorry ^^;

• hwayunhae

Okay. Remember, this one goes in the Data folder. If you put it anywhere else, your game will NOT like you. :D

Attached Files:

Zalkyria likes this.
              • Zalkyria

Lol thank you!

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I got so excited when I saw there was a tea mod, since tea is basically my life! X3 But I wanted to ask if you're planning to add more tea varieties? I'd really love to see oolong, pu-erh, and genmaicha, or even more. There are so many! (Not even going to ask about herbals or chai since I know those would be a huge pain in the behind to add.)

• MysticTempest

Thanks Ciriun! At the moment; I don't have any plans for any new ones. I tried to simplify the diverse selection that echoed our real life variety of teas, and balance it for the game.
                    A crop, a few cooking recipes for different teas, and some craftable artisan items to round it out.

But, real life teas do seem to be the next biggest request. So, it's certainly on my radar if I end up doing an expansion.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I'm probably in the minority as far as not caring much about balance goes. Would you mind if I tried my hand at making an expansion myself?

• MysticTempest

Hey Ciriun; I've been thinking over your request since I assume you mean more than personal edits. As far as my current standalone mod, and the compatibility packs. I'm going to keep those the way they are now; as stable, official versions.
                        I'm working on some personal stuff now; that'll eventually circle back, and include my Tea mod. So, I was going to revisit the idea later on.

I'm fine with you doing your own personal edits. But, in terms of an expansion; that's a bit more drastic than something like retextures. So, I'd rather work on that myself. Sorry, bout that.

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I was definitely thinking of something way more dramatic. Really to do everything I've been thinking of it may as well be a whole separate mod, but I don't know if would make sense to have two totally different tea mods.

• Panda085

Panda085 Orbital Explorer

how do i obtain them i havent recieved them in the mail its been 2 whole seasons.... i think i installed it correctly

• MysticTempest

What are you trying to obtain? The Tea leaves? In the compatibility mods they're in the stores, in the standalone version you get some in the mail.
                              And, the recipes come in the mail based on friendship levels with the NPCs. But, the actual Teas, and artisan goods have to be crafted in the kitchen after learning the recipes.

• MysticTempest

Hey y'all!
                                I've been working on a new mod for myself; a 'Botany' mod. Which is basically my own take on new crops; with recipes, and artisan goods for all the new stuff(even my own novel take on including meats). I just really wanted to roleplay running a Botanical Garden or a farm that grows the plants for them; including some of the science behind it all! It's still very much a WIP; and I haven't decided yet on whether I should release it when I finish, or not.

But, working on it has allowed me to play around with Platonymous' Custom Farming mod(though it doesn't fully work in Linux, yet). I've already made some cool machines for my Botany mod. And, I decided to also make a Tea vending machine.

As I'm quite content with my XNB-based Teas; the machine is mostly geared towards those who want real-life Teas. Currently, I left all the teas with the generic name of "Imported Tea". But, it's easily customizable by players to rename the offerings to their own preferred, real-life Teas. I figured leaving it a template was better so everyone can customize it to their liking. The included Readme file has all the necessary info. for customizing.

See the first post for the download/preview.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

This is a great addiction to the mod, excellent work!Thank you for sharing!!!!
                                  And good luck with your Botany mod! If you need any help, PM me! I'll be glad to help! :D

• MysticTempest

Thanks Karmylla! I really appreciate it, and I'll certainly keep your offer in mind for my Botany mod. ^-^

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm interested to see the Botany mod! I always wanted to roleplay as a perfume farmer so one day I'll make a huge mod add in new flowers and a perfume machine.

walpichan likes this.
                                      • MysticTempest

Thanks Eemie! Ooh, a Perfume farmer; nice! I'd love to check that out when you get around to it! It'd be neat having some more diverse flowers that can make new items!

eemie likes this.