RELEASED MysticTempest's Tea Mod

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MysticTempest, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

@MysticTempest

Hey, Pathoschild found an error with your code in ObjectInformation.XNB for the Stephen's Lots of Crops 1.2 version which was causing problems with the LookupAnything Mod.

833: "Tea Bag Carton (Black)/4500/-300/Crafting/Tea Bag Carton (Black)Locally grown, and ready to serve tea." #!String
    should be this:
    833: "Tea Bag Carton (Black)/4500/-300/Crafting/Tea Bag Carton (Black)/Locally grown, and ready to serve tea." #!String
    (Its funny to me that one pesky / messes up a buncha stuff :D )

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

There we go! I hope this is the correct one...

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, sorry about that. I just fixed that like 3hrs ago when I noticed it as well(x). Redownload the one on my original post; it's already been updated.

• Voltaic123

Oh! My bad, i shoulda checked if it'd already been updated since I downloaded it yesterday. Good catch!

• MysticTempest

Ah, that's only half the save. The part used by the game's loading screen. Can you send the other one in that folder as well. Or just zip up the whole folder.
            It's formatted like so: "FarmerName_#######"

• Inkweaver22

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

@Voltaic123 No worries, I appreciate the heads up. I'll see about maybe adding a bugfix list for people to see much easier what's been updated.

@Inkweaver22 Thanks, that's perfect. The mail issue is most definitely my fault; and a big bug that affects all versions of my mod. Nice catch!

I'll start working on a fix for that, and after a little testing update later. Basically, I forgot to add someone to the mail files who sends a recipe, or it got deleted while updating. Anyway, while there's no data for the letter; it's automatically generated by the game according to the CookingRecipe data. So, that's why it disappears instantaneously.

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                • MysticTempest

Update:
                  All files have been updated; so everyone please download the latest version.

I also added a small bugfix list to the original post so people can see some of the latest changes.

----------------------------
                  @Inkweaver22
                  Alright, I fixed the mail issue on my end, and tested your savefile. Assuming there's no mod conflict issues on your end; it's fixed and you'll now be able to read the letter.

I've also been taking a look at the mod list you sent me; looking over the mod pages. And, I'm not too sure why you're getting bad data for the seeds in the store.
                  The only mods I'm using at the moment for testing out the SLoC compatibility mod are these:
                  SMAPI
                  ├── CJBItemSpawner
                  ├── DebugMode
                  ├── StephansStardewCrops
                  └── TrainerMod

And, as I showed earlier; the store works fine for me.
                  It could be something SMAPI related that I'm not aware of. I'd recommend temporarily removing all other mods, and trying the compatibility pack by itself. See if it works; and then slowly add mods back til you narrow down the issue.

Karmylla and Inkweaver22 like this.
                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, @MysticTempest was very kind to allow me to share with you my personal edits for the tea sprites.
                    I've edited the sprites on all of the mod variants, so you can choose the one you want in the files attached to this post!
                    Have a good one!

Preview:
                    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
                    • Inkweaver22

So I figured out the problem! It appears that the XNB Loader isn't 100% compatible with this mod, or at least the SLoC version. The seeds work and the unique items appear in the collections screen, but the kitchen won't have them available for crafting and the seeds are named Error Item and are worth 0. By replacing the files directly everything works fine.

MysticTempest likes this.
                      • BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

So if we wanted this mod with More Crops, what are the exact installation steps? ANd what files do we need?

Also, will the new crops be sold at Pierres and Joja Mart?

• MysticTempest

To use the 'More Crops' items with my Tea mod; you'd need to use the compatibility pack I made with TenkoKuugen's Unofficial Continuation of More Crops.

As mentioned on the MCUC page: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/

You need the latest versions of:
                          SMAPI: https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases

And, the following 2 SMAPI mods:
                          Entoarox Framework: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/entoarox-framework.125025/
                          Shop Expander: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/shop-expander.4381/

After installing the above items; go to my first post: http://community.playstarbound.com/...ted-for-v1-2-w-multi-language-support.129850/

And, grab the compatibility pack zip file:
                          https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibujexn9z564d6s/v1.2 MoreCropsUnofficial Compatible with Tea.zip?dl=0

Unzip it, and you'll see a "Content" directory, and a "Mods". You need to merge, and replace those folders with the 'Content' directory the game uses. And, the 'Mods' directory created by SMAPI.
                          After that; you're all set to play.

And, according to the config file for the ShopExpander from MCUC. The new items are only at Pierre's, not JojaMart.

• BrandonPotter0

Ok, these show up when I try to run SDV after following your steps.

Are these normal?
                            Errors.jpg

• MysticTempest

It looks like it's missing the data files. Did you put them into XNBLoader? Try overwriting the game's Content folder instead.

• BrandonPotter0

I did put them in xnbloader, since Im not wanting to replace any game files

• Inkweaver22

As I discovered earlier, these are not 100% compatible with the XNB loader and need to actually replace the files to work properly.

• BrandonPotter0

IF they arent, Im gonna have to move on then ^_^; Thanks.

• Voltaic123

Why not just make a backup of the original file and then replace it? Its perfectly safe

• MysticTempest

Can you report this issue in the XNBLoader thread, it's a bug in that mod. It looks like user, 13akoors, reported it a while back on that thread , but it still seems to be an issue.
                                        This Tea mod, and associated compatibility packs work fine if you merge & replace the game's Content folder directly; as instructed.

@Inkweaver22 @Voltaic123
                                        Thanks for helping out while I was away!

Last edited: May 4, 2017
                                        • hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

the problem there (and with some of the ALL locations. heh) is that we need a way to make XNB Loader load before everything else. I'm planning to do an experiment where I add ! to the front of XNBloader's folder name, and if that doesn't screw up anything, it'll make a good fix for now. I'll let you know.