1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Crew Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WallyBW93, May 3, 2017.

1. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok so you can spawn Creeplings and Fleshy Villagers as tenants so is it possible for them to be crew members? They are basically just humans in costume so is it possible?

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I don't know the answer for that, but...

Possible if you can do quests. No guarantee on that.

One way to find out though is using the Job Offers mod.

3. WallyBW93

So I take it they can't create quests without a mod?

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

.... I don't know. The wiki doesn't say what tenants may or may not ask to join. But since the Philanthropist and Socialite are "special" Tenants who CAN offer quests and ask to join you... and I did have a Merchant Tenant ask to join (turned down because I already have a Tailor on-board)...

I say try it. Maybe summon a ton of Creepling Tenants in minimal-requirement rooms to up your odds of getting quests. Ooh, and maybe some Maggot Tenants? They're listed as "human" base on the wiki, that should be an interesting test.

And do let us know what happens, this is probably something that should be clarified on the wiki. i think I'm gonna experiment on this one too.

Tamorr likes this.
  5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

What I meant by mod use, or that specific one is that it would quicken the process of doing the quests. All Job Offers does is skip the questing and it would be a yes/no to join if the specific one can. Then again they I think added capabilities to it.

Most likely they will have quests, it is the joining part that I am unsure of. That would need testing or something. I think M_Sipher said it well above.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Nope, not possible in vanilla. Want to know why? The protectorate clothing would replace their "outfit", revealing that they're coded as humans.

7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Is that a guess or tested?

8. WallyBW93

The creeplings say it's just a costume

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I've seen what happens when you use the Job Offers mod on an Alpaca; they look like normal humanoids wearing alpaca masks. So I'm pretty sure that's why they're not hireable. And the wiki pages for all the non-hireable races say that those are costumes, so I'm assuming that's in fact why they're not hireable.

10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

upload_2017-5-5_22-10-22.png

Well, we know they can at least give Quests.

EDIT: Quest completed with just a prize, but it was an Executive Screen, a nice bit or decor I wish I had more of.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Tamorr likes this.
  11. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a fleshy crew member. The outfit changes to crew's outfit but head stays fleshy.
    This is my fleshy member, it seems like he started to love me for some reason:
    crewflesh.PNG

I also have a captain of Avian Pirate Ship as a crewman:
    crewcaptain.PNG
    Dialogues of flesh guy are normal, they lose all unique things other than hat so nothing special, but unique hat of your crew member is still worth it.

12. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Creepling Crew.png

Well well well

Tamorr likes this.
  13. WallyBW93

Looks like you guys confirmed it is indeed possible. I had it set up to where I could test it myself but you guys beat me to it lol. Thanks Guys for the hard work!