Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The puck 0_0

• DietCrow

DietCrow Void-Bound Voyager

Load my save game and i have this bug.
      [20:53:12 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
      at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
      I already have Microsoft Xna Framework 4.0 and 4.5.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

A Strange occurrence for me. I updated framework to the latest 1.74, and the game runs fine unless I exit to title. The title screen loads fine after a flash to the Chucklefish screen, then if I hit to exit the game, I get a Smapi stopped working error box and windows wants to close it. Even if I click to close it, it pops up several times before it closes. Error log doesn't show anything particular to me. If I exit directly to
        Desktop, there is no error. Only back to the title screen.

Attached Files:

• piratezevelyn

piratezevelyn Void-Bound Voyager

I have smapi 1.8 and cjb cheats menu 1.13-4-1-13. It seems to be broken so I'm assuming there's been an update with the game. I went to download an updated version and realized I don't know how to install it because I already have a version installed. Can someone tell me what I need to do? Will it overwrite the old version or just mess up the game? Thank you for reading this :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Make sure you have the latest version of CJB Cheats Menu. If it still doesn't work, try it again (so any details are in the log) and reply with your latest SMAPI log attached.

When a mod uses a deprecated event, SMAPI identifies the mod based on its event handler. That doesn't work if the mod uses a static or anonymous event handler, like Entoarox Framework does. There's a different approach SMAPI could use that should identify any mod, but it's a bit more complicated so I'm not sure it's worth implementing.

But in the meantime, Entoarox Framework has until SMAPI 2.0 to update its code before it'll stop working.

I think that's a bug in the game itself. If you move/resize/refocus the window just as it's doing specific things, the game crashes. It's pretty easy to reproduce on the main title screen, but I don't think I've seen it happen in-game before.

Can you attach your latest SMAPI log after it happens?

I think that's a known issue with Entoarox Framework; you can post in or watch that mod's support thread for updates.

Yep, Stardew Valley 1.2 was released recently. To update SMAPI, just install the latest version (which will remove SMAPI 1.8 automatically). To update CJB Cheats Menu, replace the old files with the latest version. (If you don't mind resetting its config or data, you can just delete it from your mod folder and install the latest version instead.) If you use any other mods, see how to fix mods broken in SMAPI 1.2.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.11 is now available for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

This update mainly...
              • adds a content API so mods can easily load custom .xnb and .png files from their folders (or access the game's .xnb files) with crossplatform support;
              • shows error details in the console when the game fails to load a save;
              • detects when your ObjectInformation.xnb is outdated;
              • fixes an issue where some mods crashed at the end of the day;
              • and other fixes and improvements (see release notes).
              As always, feel free to post bugs/suggestions/comments in this thread. :)

nirasa1957 likes this.
              • DietCrow

DietCrow Void-Bound Voyager

The problem only happen after I load a save at day 5.

Attached Files:

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, I just updated SMAPI and I can't load my game, it crashes instantly. Maybe the mods need to be updated for this?
                  Either way, this is the error (I'll post the full log as well)

Code:
                  [14:52:19 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the SaveEvents.AfterLoad event:
                  System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                     at GetDressed.GetDressed.PatchFarmhouseTilesheet(FarmHouse farmhouse) in D:\source\_Stardew\GetDressed\GetDressed\GetDressed.cs:line 351
                     at GetDressed.GetDressed.SaveEvents_AfterLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\source\_Stardew\GetDressed\GetDressed\GetDressed.cs:line 153
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 54
                  [14:52:19 WARN  SMAPI] an unknown mod used PlayerEvents.LoadedGame, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.6. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [14:52:19 WARN  SMAPI] Stardew Notification used PlayerEvents.LoadedGame, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.6. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                  [14:52:19 DEBUG Better Quarry] Number of items spawned: 1
                  [14:52:19 DEBUG Seasonal Immersion] Attempting to update seasonal textures...
                  [14:52:19 DEBUG Seasonal Immersion] Attempting to update seasonal textures...
                  [14:52:19 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
                     at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
                     at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.DrawTile(Tile tile, Location location, Single layerDepth)
                     at xTile.Layers.Layer.DrawNormal(IDisplayDevice displayDevice, Rectangle mapViewport, Location displayOffset, Int32 pixelZoom)
                     at xTile.Layers.Layer.Draw(IDisplayDevice displayDevice, Rectangle mapViewport, Location displayOffset, Boolean wrapAround, Int32 pixelZoom)
                     at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 514

EDIT: Ups, sorry, I just figured it out that this has to do with the new Entoarox Framework update. I'll post this error there, sorry.

Attached Files:

• TheRingisHot

TheRingisHot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Repeatedly receiving this Error 'in the base update loop', upon opening the inventory and thought a log might help.

I'm using quite a few mods, but the Error persist with or without any of them. Also tried upgrading to SMAPI 1.11, but the error remains persistent.

Here you go

Attached Files:

• grimm285

grimm285 Master Chief

i run a few mods (The main one being stardew valley expansion) and they have been working fine for a month or two but since i updated to 1.11 smapi it now resets my farm wiping any buildings or progress on the land and resets all trees, weeds, rocks, etc. on the landscape when i load a save. Changing back to 1.10 brings the correct save information forward and works fine however every other day it crashes when i try to sleep just before saving that days information. I am not sure if this is mod side but seeing that it works on 1.10 and not 1.11 i think it is an issue here. That being said it doesn't fully crash just wipes my data so i don't believe i have a proper error log to report for it

(it crashes the first time i play the day and works the second time i play the day)

edit:
                      here is my error log for when it crashes on the save (running older smapi and entoarox framework so i can play at all)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
                        tearful0eye likes this.
                      • bmarquis

bmarquis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, @grimm285!

I noticed that one of the issues is due to one of my mods. You are using an outdated version of the mod. Please update to the recent version (as of 2 May 2017, version 1.1.2).

Thank you for your time!

Space Baby

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Do as SMAPI told you and uninstall the broken xnb mod you have.... >_>

• TheRingisHot

TheRingisHot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah I am sorry, didn't link the loop error to a broken xnb mod.
                            However, appreciate the time and help

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

@grimm285: i have the same thing happening! it's really weird.
                              i was thinking that it might be something about the expansion mod :/

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does the save load fine if you play the game without SMAPI (by running Stardew Valley.exe in your game folder)?

Can you update to SMAPI 1.11 again, update all your mods to their latest version, try to load your save again, then post your latest SMAPI log?

Can you make sure you're running SMAPI 1.11, try loading your save, then post your latest SMAPI log?

• Ladysarajane

@Pathoschild. I just installed the mod and the same thing happened to me. I am running Smapi 1.11. Here is my log:

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Ladysarajane likes this.
                                  • Ladysarajane

Already posted in Stardew Valley Expansion too. :) Thank you for looking at the log though.

• Soulofthefarmer

Soulofthefarmer Void-Bound Voyager

After update the version stardew valley 1.2.29, the mods are worked at the first time when i started the game.
                                      And the next day, mods are not worked!
                                      I think this version of smapi needs to update. :(

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does this happen every time you go to bed, or only sometimes? Can you attach your latest SMAPI log after it happens?

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.