Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. temperedfool

temperedfool Void-Bound Voyager

Skill Prestige loads and sort-of works, but when I click the little button to open a prestige window AFTER I've already prestige'd it once (so, going to apply a second skill), I see the window flash and then close. Running SDV 1.2 & SMAPI 1.10 on Mac OS X; I updated to SMAPI 1.11, and now the buttons do nothing! Not sure if I've got something setup wrong?

• NaoSou

NaoSou Space Hobo

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@NaoSou You don't need to worry about it for now. Those mods will work fine until SMAPI 2.0 is released. Feel free to let the mod authors know, though.

• NaoSou

NaoSou Space Hobo

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll post in their nexus pages.

It is unfortunate. It seems like both mod authors aren't active anymore since they haven't done any update to their mods since last year.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you try it again (so any details are in the log), then reply with your latest SMAPI log attached?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

If you want a replacement for the Scythe mod, a user recreated one here. I have not personally tested it, but you can try.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

No worries. I'll have a "How to fix mods broken in SMAPI 2.0" thread with unofficial updates for any inactive mods. :)

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@spacechase0 actually has been pretty active with his mods recently, both updating his old mods and making a few new ones lately. I think he's still working on an ExperienceBars update last I asked in his Cooking Skill mod thread. (his github is also easy to find if you're interested.)

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

How is more pets? I've been thinking of downloading that mod~

• ioshk-kun

ioshk-kun Void-Bound Voyager

• temperedfool

Of course! So, first off, I downgraded back to SMAPI 1.10, as it seems as if NONE of my mods were actually doing anything with 1.11; unless you say there's a critical bug-fix of some sort in 1.11 I'll take one step at a time!

Got it loaded with 1.10, clicked on a prestige button after loading my save, and got the attached log file. I definitely see errors, but any useful programing knowledge that might help me is over a decade behind me. Thanks for even offering to look at it (esp. for a mod that isn't even your code)!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@temperedfool The important part of the log is this line:
                      Code:
                      System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.dylib
                      That's an error some Linux players seem to have with mods that use custom sprites. I don't know the details, but someone posted a possible fix in the GetDressed bug list (see "[FIX] Mac and Linux crashes"). Does that work for you?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@temperedfool (and anyone else with a libgdiplus.dylib error): can you unzip the attached file into your game folder, and see if the problem still happens?

Attached Files:

• Luciferish

Luciferish Void-Bound Voyager

This mod claims to be working fine (until next SMAPI update) but in-game it does not. The letter icon appears as normal, but when I click on it, it goes away without opening the actual letter with info on whose birthday it is.

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/276/ (source code is provided)

And then there's this... I love it so, but it's broken again :( ANy chance of resurrecting it?

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/calling-horse-with-key-press.111550/ (scroll down for attached files)

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Luciferish Pathos' Horse Whistle update from there still works perfectly fine for me.

• EleventHour

EleventHour Space Hobo

Here ya go! That is when trying to connect with me as host and my friend using my IP to connect to my game.

Attached Files:

• Topinambour

Topinambour Void-Bound Voyager

Same issue, actually. It's still a nice reminder but it's definitely not working as intended ^^

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a vanilla problem, try switching to the beta branch as CF released a fix for the issue there, but they havent released on main yet >_<

• temperedfool

@Pathoschild That was a ridiculous process that TOTALLY worked. Thank you! Thinking maybe the author should include that library? Oh well!

I've actually noticed one more mod that doesn't seem to be working - Jumino Deposit Anywhere. There's a bunch of errors in my current log including the following:

[22:12:48 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.QuarterSecondTick event:
                                    System.InvalidOperationException: The StardewValley.Menus.JunimoNoteMenu object doesn't have a private 'bundles' instance field.
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateField[TValue] (System.Object obj, System.String name, Boolean required) <0x104dcf4d0 + 0x0010d> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateValue[TValue] (System.Object obj, System.String name, Boolean required) <0x1799ae1b0 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at JunimoDepositAnywhere.JunimoDepositAnywhere.GameEvents_QuarterSecondTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x1667f4920 + 0x000ce> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x10bb6ca70 + 0x00127> in <filename unknown>:0​

In case it helps, I went into a bundle screen from my inventory right before attaching the log below.

Edit: Hmm, can't seem to attach the log file... not sure what that's about. This is the last "error" block in the file:

[08:43:06 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.QuarterSecondTick event:
                                    System.InvalidOperationException: The StardewValley.Menus.JunimoNoteMenu object doesn't have a private 'bundles' instance field.
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateField[TValue] (System.Object obj, System.String name, Boolean required) <0x104dcf4d0 + 0x0010d> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Reflection.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateValue[TValue] (System.Object obj, System.String name, Boolean required) <0x1799ae1b0 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at JunimoDepositAnywhere.JunimoDepositAnywhere.GameEvents_QuarterSecondTick (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) <0x1667f4920 + 0x000ce> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent (IMonitor monitor, System.String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, System.Object sender, System.EventArgs args) <0x10bb6ca70 + 0x00127> in <filename unknown>:0 ​

Hmm, looks pretty similar to the first one...

• hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

Oxyligen likes this.
                                    Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.