Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually wanted to increase the costs as to make it more of a achievement to obtain. Thank you for your help Hammurabi.. I'll use your information and see what I might be able to do.. though I have very little experience with using Smapi.. If you or anyone else for that matter thinks they may know a way.. please let me know. Thank you for your time.

• vero_games

vero_games Tentacle Wrangler

Not sure if selling is hardcode but you could always lower the sell price for everything to make large items more difficult to achieve :)

• GameHo

GameHo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to post in but I guess it's worth a try, right?
        Anyway, I need a little helpe with dialogue modding. I understand and can mod successfuly simple strings of text but I don't understand how to add multiple-option dialogue, even though I've read Alpha_Omegasis' guide. Can someone explain to me how $p and _Old files work? Also what's with the numbers ex:15/16 ??

• AtomosomotA

AtomosomotA Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah.. thats pretty much what I ended up doing.. along with raising the price of most of the other buildings as well..

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Now that I think about it... you probably could make it so that the option is conditional on the extra resources. I'd need to look into whether SMAPI has any events that would trigger before and after talking to Robin (I'm not sure if that counts as a menu or not), but if so, then you could temporarily overwrite the house level when opening the dialog, and reset it and (if needed) subtract the resources when the dialog closes.

If it doesn't count as a menu, and there's no other suitable events, then you could still do it with the location changed event, but it'd be very exploitable (e.g., dropping the extra resources on the floor inside the carpenter house, buying the upgrade, leaving, then reentering and picking up the items). Alternatively, you could use one of the gametick events (perhaps registered by a location changed event that checks if the player is in the carpenter house, to reduce processing time elsewhere?).

• digitaleevee

digitaleevee Void-Bound Voyager

hey yall, im having a bit of trouble with the graphics in my game!
              i have a lot of cosmetic mods/reskins/whatever, a lot of which i opened up the XNB files into PNGs and edited myself (because im picky lol), and now the light/glow effects have a lot of black pixels stuck inside them. i didnt touch the effects when i went into editing, i just messed with furniture, saved the PNG, and turned it back into an XNB.
              my computer seems to have trouble copying XNB files -- if i try to duplicate or back up a file, the folder will crash and revert to its last state(before i copied). so, i have not backed up my junk.
              if there's a way to fix the lighting glitches without resetting all of the XNB files, please let me know!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

if you still have the unpacked png files, download the very latest xnb_node and use that to pack the files, otherwise I am afraid you are out of luck as the corruption is now permanent.

digitaleevee likes this.
                • digitaleevee

digitaleevee Void-Bound Voyager

thank you! i do have the unpacked files and i updated my version of the xnb_node and the problem has fixed itself now. i appreciate the help! <3

• Fa1c0n_2410

Fa1c0n_2410 Space Spelunker

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has asked and I haven't seen it via search so here's my question. I'm very new to modding (as in my first time ever) and I've read several guides about how to need to "edit png" or "merge png" to make a single file (for furniture in this case) but I haven't seen any kind of guide on how you're supposed to do it. I downloaded XNBExtract and was able to unpack my files but what exactly am I supposed to do to merge the different furniture png to make a new singular file? I also downloaded Paint.net but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next. Help? :cry:

• apiooo

apiooo Space Spelunker

Hi all,

Anyone have any idea what the "a" and "o" event triggers do, as in the example from Clint's heart event (Town) below:
                      101/f Clint 1500/e 97/k 2123243/k 2123343/o Emily/t 900 1830/a 0 90

Cheers,

• isuckatthisgame

isuckatthisgame Aquatic Astronaut

The "o Emily" part means that the event will not trigger if Emily is your spouse, and I think "a 0 90" means the player to be at the 0,90 x/y coordinates to trigger it. First time digging through the event data parsing, so I'm not too sure on that one.

Unrelated edit: What's the rule on posting decompiled game code? I made a bare-bones mod for butchering and I went with the "butcher button on the animal menu" method. I figured the easiest way to do this was just pull the AnimalQueryMenu class from the game and add-on to it, so this isn't some 10-line snippet, but rather 500+ lines pulled from the source. I know butchering mods are common requests, so I'd like to share it so people can use it, or modders with more talent/time can flesh it out from the minimal state that it's in now. Just wanting to make sure I'm not violating any rules or falling into a gray area of copyright laws

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
                        • kingbertie

kingbertie Void-Bound Voyager

an anyone tell me how to get a mod to work if i cant download the XNB file it just downloads the RAR file and opens it in notepad straightaway, or is it just lazy modder didnt put it in a zip so unless u have programs to turn into XNB yourself u cant use it ?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Your computer must've associated RAR files with notepad for some reason. They're compressed archives like ZIP files. If your normal ZIP extractor doesn't work. Then you can use 7zip to unpack everything: http://www.7-zip.org/

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hey, I wasn't sure where to ask this, but I'm working on a custom craftable machine mod and I'm wondering how to make one of the materials needed to build "any fish" like the cooking recipes have. Any tips?

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Well, for the cooking recipe; the game uses "-4" for any fish. So you can try that.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

That worked! Thanks so much :)

• cc31

cc31 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi all!
                                    Tell me please how to make a sunflower give 2-3 seeds?

• isuckatthisgame

isuckatthisgame Aquatic Astronaut

The sunflower seed bit is hardcoded into the exe, so it may not be feasible

• lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello, I met a problem when I edit the .yaml. (like mail.yaml)
                                        After I edit the .yaml some words missing. (robin's nice book -> robin's nice)
                                        Reasons I THINK:
                                        1.maybe CAUSE my editing not use English.
                                        2.wrong coding utf-8.
                                        Can anyone help? thanks.
                                        NEW find:
                                        Even if i dont change anything, just unpack and pack a file. It will miss some words.(English file is correct, but CN file not)

Find the reason: xnb node have a little problem with zh_CN. I got a fixed one.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
                                        • cc31

cc31 Void-Bound Voyager

How to add a thing for sale to the Adventure Guild?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.