Tool StarModder Kit : The Modding IDE (WIP)

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by C0rdyc3p5, Jul 15, 2016.

1. NeoslayerX

NeoslayerX Big Damn Hero

I can't unpack .pak files. (Like Fracken Universe)
    I get this crazy error. Try unpacking it,

2. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

That's really good news! I've found how I can (more or less) put things in their place using Photoshop grid rulers, but working with a GUI would be so much more convenient.
    If you need any info on what the widgets' parameters mean and how they affect rendering the window, feel free to ask me. I don't know everything, but I'm currently digging into that area ;)

3. JOHNKRELL007

JOHNKRELL007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't load my mods because they use _metadata instead of .modinfo, is there any way you can support it? I know that it would be best to leave the .modinfo option for legacy purposes. Other than that I feel like I will love it!

And some input about that image editor you have planned, it should probably have:
    1. for blocks and objects there should have 8x8 gridlines.
    2. Armor should be 43x43 frames, and should probably have a player shadow for each frame to see how they will look in every movement animation, for example I wanted to make leggings, I would make them aligned with the shadow, and do that for every frame.
    3. Possibly adjustable gridlines?

Edit: The gridlines should not physically be on the pictures, just visually in the editor.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  4. C0rdyc3p5

C0rdyc3p5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay ! I'll do the support for those _metadata and also do the grid line like you said, but I don't know how I can make it editable for the moment, I mean I know, but the forms start flickering for no reason.

5. JOHNKRELL007

JOHNKRELL007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for responding! Looking forward to using this.

6. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

One more note: when compiling the mod into .pak file, extension is not added by default (though filetype is set to pak).
    It would be good to add .pak extension to compiled mods automatically.

7. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

Times like this makes me wish more people used linux, because i would really love to use this with my preferred os ~

8. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

As far as I understand it should be usable under Wine, no?
    I know using Wine is like scratching ears with your legs, but still...

9. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

This look awesome :) Great job!

10. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

I wouldn't know if it worked under wine, i pretty much refuse to use it because of my bad experiences breaking my os install with it

11. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my god, thank you so much! After wasting so much time trying to get java IDEs to do what I want, this will be SO NICE. It's already super convenient and I haven't even started updating my old mods yet, just the fact that it unpacks assents on its own is just SO GOOD. I think i'm having a nerdgasm...

12. Trollinator316

Trollinator316 Seal Broken

When I go to the download link, Dropbox gives me a 404. Is it still available for download?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  13. kaffekane

kaffekane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Links are probably dead again.

14. DeathplaysGT

DeathplaysGT Guest

Is This Still Working?

15. C0rdyc3p5

C0rdyc3p5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No I'm sorry to tell you this tool has been discontinued. I did'nt touch it for years now. School had restarted back in the time and I did'nt had the time anymore to put into this. Sorry everyone. May start again to work on it, maybe.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sp94gbb650ajqhh/SMKit.zip/file

- Please keep in mind that some parts of this application may not work orrectly anymore. Like the updater may throw some errors has I don't support anymore backend of this software.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  16. GeekyRaptor

GeekyRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

link dead pls fix

17. GeekyRaptor

has anyone updated this software to be current? I would love to use it but the creator seems to have abandoned it.

18. Thelandor

Thelandor Void-Bound Voyager

FYI, while I haven't "revived" this project, I'm in the process of making something that could be considered its "replacement". It's still in alpha stage, but I'm working on it close to daily and I am serious about its completion.

Horizon IDE

19. GeekyRaptor

is there anyone who has this tool? the link is dead I really want to use this tool.