1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Lol, please tell me the projectiles on that Tau variant unleashes fireworks.

Hrm. I suppose you could do a version of the D.Va mech to match her Korean New Years skin, but gotta agree, a day of the dead style Ronin or Theta could fit well for a halloween theme. Black with white bone decor and other such things.

2. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Pushes enemies away, though it can be inconsistent.

3. Squeeg

Squeeg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If that thing doesn't shoot burgers or footballs, I'll be surprised.
    As for suggestions, there's the Valentine's Ronin with a heart beam, Christmas-themed Theta mech with tactical present deployment, an Easter D.VA suit that fires egg-shaped bullets...

4. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Or Fireworks!
    And D.Va could have the Lunar New Year skin variant

5. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Yup, the independence day themed Tau is gonna shoot fireworks in place of missiles and I was considering making the main gun a firework as well. That being said, I'm not opposed to holidays celebrated by other countries so all are welcome to suggestion.

6. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unconventional suggestions: how about some Muslim holidays, like Eid al-Fitr or Eid al-Adha?

Eid al-Adha is basically holiday based on the story of binding of Isaac (the bible story, not the game) so maybe it could be something like Sigma that works like battering ram?
    Eid al-Fitr is a big feast after a whole month of fasting; I'm not sure how feasible the idea is, but I'm thinking of something that absorbs the damages given by the enemies which can be unleashed in one huge devastating attack (depending on how much the damage is absorbed).

Both mechs could have green-ish color to represent the holiday.

Toa_Derax likes this.
  7. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Sure! As long as I can find a way to incorporate it properly I don't see why not. Though I may have to research the holidays a bit more to better fit their themes.

xaliber likes this.
  8. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

Although now that I think of it, its not like the festive rho is a proper representation of Christmas, so the appearances of the mechs are the bigger factor rather than their function.

9. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So it's more cosmetic than additional function?

Got another idea; since we already have Hylotl, maybe having more Japanese holidays could be fitting. One that crosses my mind is kodomo no hi/children's day (Wikipedia link). Maybe the mechs can be painted with carp fishes or have koinobori flags.

[​IMG]

Something similar to mikoshi (portable shrine) might be interesting too, it is used in traditional Japanese festivals.

[​IMG]

Also this is unrelated, I'm not sure if this has been acknowledged, but currently the audio mech is not finished (missing a muzzle flash)? https://pastebin.com/f3sbMEyk

10. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

The audio mech was a sigma variant I was working on at one point but never finished. I do plan to finish it though once I nail a design/mechanic for it.

11. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

How about a Halloween version of the Tau Mech of which the central part resembles a pumpkin, and its mouth opens when entering siege mode to fire a blast with a sort of dark-green vine color? Its missiles could resemble flaming skulls.

As for other holidays, the only ones that I can think of that seem like they could be translated to mechs in a reasonably coherent way are Monkey Day (yes that's a real thing) and the various pride days.

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

I love this mod and I have one question. Will this mod be changed to fit the upcoming 1.3 update?

13. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

If it requires changes I'll do what I can to fit them. I can't make any promises yet though.

14. Armorine1983

Armorine1983 Phantasmal Quasar

sweet thanks for the reply

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Here's a suggestion for what to do when 1.3 arrives, if you want to make the mechs fit the paradigm: Keep the files for the standard mechs in the system (to keep compatibility), but introduce a special crafting station to be able to disassemble them into parts. I mean, it seems to me that XS and ZZ mechs have four parts (body, legs, 2x arms) standard, rather than five/six as the vanilla ones will, so perhaps a custom crafting bench for assembling XS/ZZ mechs would be necessary as well, but I'd imagine that that'd be an easy modification to make to the standard mech assembly table.

16. Gratuitous Lurking

In theory, he could make his own system on the similar as well, with the XS/ZZ chassises as yet another option, then implement paints and skins as an optional part like how they got horns set up. It'll also allow certain bodies to have seperate unique parts as well, like maybe trade out the Sigma grenades for a missile pack, or give the Theta a secondary cannon instead of grenades. All depends on when they get the code to play with them.

17. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

I'd absolutely love to get it compatible with the new system, but some of it may also allow me to reduce the size of my mod. If LoPhatKao updates XS Mechs to the new system, I wont need all the recolor variants and the mod would then focus more on original mechs or specialized mech parts. Depending on how things play out, I may end up redoing a large portion of this mod. However, if he decides not to update XS Mechs to that system, I'll see what I can do to make mine provide compatibility between the two.

The only mech I see not working out is the Theta since one arm is the gun, and the other is a battery cell for said gun. Since the new mech system allows for 2 separate arms, there'd be no stopping a person from just adding 2 theta arms or 2 batteries (not sure why you'd want to do that one but it would be an option).

18. ZimaZang

ZimaZang Cosmic Narwhal

On another note, regardless of what direction the mod takes I'm absolutely gonna add another shop to ZZ's ship that sells parts for the new mech system with custom designs.

jonathonspy likes this.
  19. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Well, theoretically, wouldn't it be an easy matter to just make the Theta's gun arm very energy expensive and the battery cell be one of the few ways to provide enough energy to fire it? I mean, it'd require modding the system to have a separate energy and health bar for balance (otherwise, everyone's just going to end up getting a chassis with a built-in weapon and add two battery pack arms to make them nigh-on immortal), but I'd imagine that anyone using the new system would want to do that anyway.

20. Gratuitous Lurking

Another way of doing it: Theta's 'arms' are it's two weapon mounts. One for the Railgun/Battery, the other for the grenade launcher mounts. You may still be stuck having the Theta be a groundpounder, but it'd help solve the issue of mixed arms. That is, if the mech system will allow such a thing in the end. As I said, maybe the XS/ZZs may need their own construction table to keep all the extra parts/loadout bits straight.