Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

From the look of his mod on Nexus, he hasn't posted since last October. That's 8 months. I think we need someone to develop a similar mod for 1.2x.

Damn. That was my single most favorite mod, too. Left him a message on Nexus, but he hasn't responded to requests for information or bug reports in 8 months, and hasn't even visited Nexus since February 1. We can assume he's gone from the modding community.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    • FarmerRen

FarmerRen Void-Bound Voyager

I wound up taking it out of my folder so my only log is of the crash that happened unexpectedly after a little over 5 minutes of gameplay. I don't understand why I crashed. I updated Ent, GetDressed and my SMAPI said that some of my mods will be depreciated but are running, so...

• chazwhiz

chazwhiz Space Hobo

@Pathoschild
        Here's my log running ChestPooling only.

Attached Files:

• FarmerRen

Hmm... Now today I can't even load my save at all. It goes to load and crashes instantly.

Attached Files:

• FarmerRen

Mods I have: (Newest) EntoaroxFramework
            Advanced Location Loader
            CJBShowItemSellPrice(newest)
            GetDressed(newest)
            GiftTasteHelper
            HappyBirthdayMod
            HarvestWithScythe
            LovedLabels
            MorePets
            NPCMapLocations
            SerializerUtils
            SkipIntro(newest)
            SkullCavernElevator
            TimeFreez
            TrainerMod
            UiModsuite(incompatible so it disregards it)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks! The author knows about it and will publish an update soon. I added it to the list.

Thanks! I added it to the list, and I'll look into updating it soon.

Can you attach your save files?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You're both affected by the same error in Entoarox Framework:
                Code:
                Entoarox Framework requested an immediate game shutdown: Fatal error attempting to update player tick propertiesSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                   at Entoarox.Framework.PlayerHelper.Update(Object s, EventArgs e) in d:\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\StardewMods\Framework\Internal\PlayerHelper.cs:line 229

Entoarox says that error is caused by another mod using Entoarox Framework, but it doesn't show any error details besides its own crash. Try removing mods that use Entoarox Framework until the error goes away, so we can see which one is causing it.

• FarmerRen

D= I'm dumb, and I don't remember which ones use Entoarox...

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@FarmerRen: If you remove Entoarox Framework, the mods that use it should show errors. :)

• FarmerRen

It's Adavanced Location Loader. It's the only thing I removed that ran off Entoarox that I took off and now it's all better.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@FarmerRen: Does the error happen if you reinstall Advanced Location Loader, but remove any submods you added for it?

• chazwhiz

chazwhiz Space Hobo

I guess.... but keep your grubby modding hands off Penny!

Attached Files:

• Topinambour

Topinambour Void-Bound Voyager

Same, really one of my most beloved mods. Cooking is really annoying and tedious when you only have a few slots in the fridge, being able to extend it was really cool and made me use cooking after 180 hours (before, it was too annoying so I never cooked anything). If someone knows of an equivalent and 1.2-friendly mod, I'll take it :)

• chazwhiz

chazwhiz Space Hobo

I use ChefsCloset, which works a bit differently (it uses any food in chests in your kitchen), and it's so far working in 1.2.

• shymelody

shymelody Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there, this is my first time reporting any such problems, so please forgive me if I'm not providing enough information. I recently re-installed Stardew Valley, wanting to get back into it, and installed a plethora of mods. My game worked well for the most part, no crashing until I started to either spawn items in with CJB Item Spawner, or just trying to use the basic in-game menu (Inventory mainly). I made sure to re-install both the mod and SMAPI, up to their respective newest versions, deleting the .config files just to be safe. But no matter what I do, it just won't stop crashing. I managed to screenshot the red error text that popped up on SMAPI before crashing, pictured (hopefully if I did it right) below. Though a little bit of Seasonal Immersion appears above, it seems to be working correctly, and that little debug was caught in the screenshot.
                                [​IMG]

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Has anyone checked out Chef's Closet since 1.2x?
                                  Thanks. Could do in a pinch, but I have a lot of ingredients. Keeping three or four chests (including endless fish variants, etc) in the kitchen would make it a bit cluttered--just my opinion, mind.

I do realize that having an refrigerator that's far bigger on the inside than the outside is unrealistic (unless you're the Doctor), but then, this is a game where greenhouses are repaired by large, animated juju candies, and flying serpents attack you in a cavern. With those kept in mind, a refrigerator that breaks the laws of three-dimensional physics is...almost sedate.

• BrandonPotter0

BrandonPotter0 Big Damn Hero

ITs possible though.

Have you watched Doctor Who? Simple unexpected things ALWAYS have teh chance to be bigger on the inside ;P

• demonhunter352

demonhunter352 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can confirm Advanced Location Loader w/ submods is the culprit. All the other mods I posted about earlier appear to have been false flags. Relevant logs are located >HERE< (Submods used: Extended cellar and JAC'd Greenhouse)

• FarmerRen

Weird. Now I'm having random lockups. When I look at my menu in Vanilla as well as if I'm running SMAPI...
                                        I have custom edited my colors for the menu and letters but I didn't think that would mess it up. =/
                                        I don't understand what's causing it to freeze.

• demonhunter352

demonhunter352 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Some .xnb files have had their .yaml contents updated to a slightly different format. If you use any mods that override those files, it's gonna screw things up (I found that out when trying to use a modded ObjectsInformation.xnb)

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.