RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Maikoli

Maikoli Big Damn Hero

Sad that 1.2 broke the mod... My screen freezes always as soon as I look at an item in my hand:

[01:31:33 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
    at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
    at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
    at StardewValley.Menus.GameMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
    at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 233

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

He's working on it, give him time, updating a large mod that is affected by stuff like this isnt easy!

RTGOAT likes this.
      • Maikoli

Maikoli Big Damn Hero

Yeah he said that it'll be only one day :nuruwink: Strange that I've moved the mod away and I still get the same error??

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Your save still has the broken items in it, due to how saving in SDV works.

Maikoli likes this.
          • Maikoli

Maikoli Big Damn Hero

Oh, okay that was easy to explain ^_^ Thanks

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Maikoli

The issue is with the MCM data files (XNBs).
              Revert to original data files and wait for v1.6.1 release to reinstall MCM.

Maikoli likes this.
              • Lakekoocanusa

Lakekoocanusa Void-Bound Voyager

Finals week, and updating a mod for a bunch of whiny-@$$ nerds!?!?!
                You sir, are a god among men. I salute you.
                Thanks.
                ~said nerd. :p

Maikoli, Vio587, KThxBye910 and 2 others like this.
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Maikoli, Lakekoocanusa and KThxBye910 like this.
                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity is updated and ready for release, however, I have a class to attend right now.
                  I'll be back to release it first thing when I'm back (90ish minutes from now).

Thanks for the patience!

Aveloren, xangria and KThxBye910 like this.
                  • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.1:

Longevity is now compatible and updated for Stardew Valley v1.2.
                    Since there are reports of v1.2 causing corrupted saves, I would advise starting a new game with v1.2.

In attempt to release this update as quickly as possible, it is not tested as much as I would like.
                    I will be around most of today and tomorrow to quickly address any issues with Longevity.

I will also post the update on v1.6.2 (covering what is in progress) later tonight after my exam.

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not saying that I've been refreshing the page every minute since I got off work, but............

Thanks for the speedy fix, despite everything going on IRL! I'll let you know if I come across any issues.

Lakekoocanusa, RTGOAT and Toycyborg like this.
                      • KThxBye910

Hmm.. It seems like my stamina isn't draining as quickly as it should with this installed. Maybe it's just me, but I was able to hoe/water 20 squares and clear almost my entire farm of debris in 1 day.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@KThxBye910

Try to disable stamina in the config and see if you use more or less stamina.
                          Thanks!

• KThxBye910

Disabled stamina in the config file, and watering 20 squares consumes the same amount of stamina as when it was enabled. Looks like it isn't increasing how much is penalized by tool usage.

Edit: Also, noticed that after I open the Longevity tab menu I can't interact with anything else in the world afterwards (talking, picking stuff up, using tools, etc) until I alt tab out of the game and go back in.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
                            • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@KThxBye910

Yes, stamina scales will tool upgrades. If you're at base tool upgrade, it will use the same amount of stamina. Only when you upgrade will it progressively scale higher than vanilla.

This is a slight known issue that is caused when closing the menu. When this happens, it means that the info menu is still up (just no showing). Pressing tab again should free you up.

• KThxBye910

Oh, for some reason I thought they'd use more stamina than without the mod! My mistake. :)

RTGOAT likes this.
                                • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

*I have released an informal update (labeled as v1.6.1h) hotfix to address a few minor issues.
                                  If you receive any errors, be sure to first download the hotfix to see if that helps; if not let me know.
                                  Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
                                  • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Update for v1.6.2:

For v1.6.2 I will be introducing a number of changes including:

Menu:
                                    • Filling out the first page of the information menu.
                                      • This will include information about the mod.
                                    • Filling out the second page of the information menu.
                                      • This will include detailed information about your current tax status.
                                    • Sorting methods for item data pages.
                                      • Sorting by season and price will be first sorting methods.
                                    • Vegetables and Fruits will now display their artisan good prices when hovered.
                                    • A clickable button to enter and exit the info menu.
                                    • Clickable arrows to scroll on item data pages.
                                    • Configuration option to set hotkey to open info menu.
                                    General:
                                    • Mass code cleaning.
                                    • Rewriting the entire tax system (will still use the same math) as it is necessary for info menu tax page.
                                    • Starting a foundation that will become an external file that will save necessary variables (such as money made during current season).
                                    • Starting the foundation for DNPCD.
                                    • Starting the foundation for a game statistics info menu page.
                                    • Fixing a bug when attempting to close the info menu.

Because of the nature of some of these changes and my current schedule, it will take me some time to finish.

DatRaph, KThxBye910 and xangria like this.
                                    • LoneW01f84

LoneW01f84 Yeah, You!

Hello there!

First off I gotta say that I adore your mod! Thank you so much for all your hard work! ^_^

Since SDV v1.2 dropped and such, I updated SMAPI and all Longevity files to v1.6.1.I just wanted to let you know that I received the following error today while playing. It doesn't cause a crash or anything (that I noticed- I exited the game without saving the day just in case). The error goes like so:

[20:16:34 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                                      System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                                      at Longevity.Price.UpdateInventory()
                                      at Longevity.Main.InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                      at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 71​

It only seems to trigger when I go into a chest. Additionally, I've had random weirdness with the DNCPCC- specifically people popping in and out of their seasonal attire upon starting a new day. The only one that seems to remain in their seasonal clothes consistently is Jas. I know diddly squat about making mods and thus can't determine if the two incidents are related, so I thought I should let someone who knows know, lol!

Again, thank you so much for all of your work! I feel bad bringing this up, but I didn't know where else to turn in the event that this is maybe something on my end.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LoneW01f84

Yes that error is fairly simple and I should be able to fix it for v1.6.2.

As for DNPCC, It could be a mod conflict or installation error.
                                        Make sure DNPCC folder is inside the Longevity folder. And be sure to list other mods you use.

Thanks for the report! Hopefully we can get this all fixed up.
                                        (Btw, that error is not dangerous in anyway to your save, just a mix up when attempting to update your inventory item prices.)