RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @D9T7. One of your other mods might be adding a hidden chest to store metadata. Can you post your latest SMAPI log after it freezes?

• D9T7

D9T7 Intergalactic Tourist

The other mod I used which was not listed in the log is "SDV MultiTweak"

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@D9T7: Can you send me a zip of the affected save folder? I'm not sure where that chest came from, but I can make sure Chests Anywhere doesn't freeze when handling it (so you can edit it or see its coordinates).

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
        • D9T7

I've checked it by myself with a new starting game. (save file starting with "test")
          I put 2 chests at Town, then there were 3 chests in the pull-down menu.
          First one was labeled nothing, and I could open it. The coordinates were (2,0).
          The thing is, I don't have any skill to remove the error data from the other save file now I'm playing, nor modify it .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
          • D9T7

I think I found what made the mess. "No Soil Decay Redux"
            Because I'm not familiar with coding, I started new game and I tested every single mods I have, one by one with Chest Anywhere on.
            I've found the killer, but yet I couldn't find the solution for the playing save file.
            Well, as long as I don't open the chest, and leave the chest in "Town" alone, I still can play.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks! I contacted the author of No Soil Decay Redux; the next version of that mod will mark it as a non-player chest so it doesn't appear in Chests Anywhere. :)

• D9T7

It would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to seeing the chest-friendly version.

• Almonda

Almonda Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really don´t want to spam all your threads, as I already made a post regarding warnings which I get from SMAPI in your "SMAPI: Stardew Modding API" thread, but I think this problem belongs here.
                  I tried using the game to find out if I have trouble while playing despite the warnings and I noticed that I can open the screen with B just fine..but I don´t have access to the different chests anymore.
                  I made a screenshot.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Almonda: Stardew Valley 1.2 was released earlier today. It should work fine if you download the "1.9.1 (for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta)" version from the Nexus page. :)

• Almonda

Almonda Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much for your fast reply!!:) I overlooked this.:facepalm:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Almonda likes this.
                      • Crimson FireCat

Crimson FireCat Void-Bound Voyager

I downloaded the 1.10 version today, but my game froze and had to close every time I tried to use the menu (and even just opening a chest manually AFTER REMOVING THE MOD).
                        This is the log I got from SMAPI:

[20:15:37 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                        at StardewValley.Object.getDescription()
                        at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
                        at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                        at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 233​

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Crimson FireCat: That probably isn't caused by this mod, which doesn't affect item descriptions or tooltips. Are you using any mods which add custom items, more crops, etc?

• Crimson FireCat

Crimson FireCat Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild I replied on Nexus jsyk, sorry for spamming you with this problem lol.;;

• liuqiba

liuqiba Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi body your mod is very fantastic ! But sort items allways wasting my time ,so I want add sort all chests in your mod ,can I?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks @liuqiba! You can't sort all chests at once, but you can quickly sort the open chest by pressing a button. Edit the config.json file in a text editor to set the button to use (see config documentation).

• Nanaharu

Nanaharu Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there, is there any way to make this mod multiplayer compatible?
                                  When my girlfriend places an item remotely in a chest and I open it after she closed it, the item is not inside.
                                  The same happens when I place an item manually in a chest and she opens it remotely.
                                  Thanks in advance!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Nanaharu likes this.
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• supervamp78

supervamp78 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having trouble with this and your lookupanything mod. It seems that I can't use them when I'm not connected to the internet.
                                    I'm using the latest version but it seems to not be able to tell that even tho smapi loads it fine when the game start it only stops when I load a save.

Attached Files: