1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED More Planets 1.2

Improved chances of planets in star systems, increased number and chance of gas giant moons

1. simulatoralive

simulatoralive Existential Complex

simulatoralive submitted a new mod:

More Planets - Improved chances of planets in star systems, increased number and chance of gas giant moons

Read more about this mod...

2. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

is it compatible with FU and other mods like varient world adn better barren

3. simulatoralive

It all depends on how they alter celestial.config. If they add non-vanilla star types, then those stars will not have any higher chances for filled orbits or the extra orbit with the asteroid field. If they just add new planet types, then that shouldn't conflict at all.

The bits involving the gas giants should work with most anything, I think.

I know for a fact, based on looking at it's files, that this mod definitely will conflict with UniGen's Starclasses sub-mod. I plan to fix that issue, just not today.

I can confirm that TrueSpace and this mod will play nice with each other, because TrueSpace adds it's own star types, ignores vanilla star types and I tested it this morning. I didn't feel the need to alter anything that TrueSpace was doing, because the chances of filled orbits were roughly the same and the outer planet has a decent chance of being an asteroid field. This mod will still give you the benefit of more gas giant moons.

I just looked at Better Barren's celestial.config.patch file and it looks good. No conflicts (theoretically), so it should work. I have not tested this, so your mileage may vary. I'll have to try this mod. Thanks for getting me to look closer at it.
    Edit: Tested in a new, blank universe. Seems to work just fine in combination with this mod.

As for FU, it looks like there shouldn't be a conflict. You won't get extra planets in any of the new systems, but FU's chances of filled orbits are roughly what I changed things to in vanilla systems, so I wouldn't do anything there, anyway. Should get the extra moons for gas giants. The vanilla systems will get higher chances for planets. Again, I can't say for certain that it will work without testing and I don't use FU, because I don't like it.

I would suggest this: make backups of your universe folder and then test with the other mods you want to use. If it gives you trouble, let me know and give me a copy of your Starbound log file, so I can properly examine what went wrong.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. amirmiked12

ok
    tnx for answering

5. simulatoralive

simulatoralive updated More Planets with a new update entry:

UniGen Starclasses Compatibility

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. simulatoralive

BTW, I tested FU in combination with this mod. No conflicts and everything I changed works in vanilla star systems. I even took a look at some of the new systems and can confirm that gas giants are getting the extra moons.

7. amirmiked12

does it work on 1.3 update?

8. simulatoralive

Not according to Steam users. They've been complaining of being unable to click on some planets due to the way the navigation panel zooms.

And to forestall your next question: no, I'm not fixing it. I'm not even playing Starbound at the moment.

I've got a much bigger (non-Starbound) project on my mind and I won't distract myself with this. Feel free to fix it yourself, if you like.

I'm working on getting my current project ready for a very, very early Alpha release right now. Lots of dotting of I's, crossing of T's and writing of GUI code. Ugh. Hate GUI code.

9. simulatoralive

simulatoralive updated More Planets with a new update entry:

Even more gas giant moons!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Sai65

Sai65 Yeah, You!

Hello! I have installed FU and your mod.
    Everything is OK ! except for one situation. When performing a peacekeeping mission, I have a task on one planet : one has 8 orbits. in the sixth orbit is a planet with six orbits. The planet I need is on the 4th orbit ) which I don't see on the map panel. Please, what should I do? screen by link.
    https://imgur.com/a/pBkBy6y