Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@BloodyFingers : I was just about to lay same question. I'm too slow, nowadays...

@BigEaredKittens : I hope you are fine, both physicaly and mentaly.

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Um... things seem to be gettinga little better every week. Not interested in killing myself anymore. Things a still rough tho.

Recently, my brother and mother noticed my condition from my copious amounts of sleeping and drinking. I apparently went three weeks without bathing, which I wasn't aware of until they told me. They're worried and reccomend I get into therapy soon.

Barring some details I think best not to share here, I've already accepted that I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life, so I plan on asking my doctor what kind of meds I could be put on to make living with it at least a bit easier, so I don't have to drink so much.

Eh, life...

How's you all, eh?

MilkCalf and I_am_the_Storm like this.
  3. I_am_the_Storm

Good... well, kind of. And thanks to you, too. I'm happy for you, because you've made some progress. You are on a good way to life better life, even with some 'problems' in it.
    But I'm sure you'll made it, because... you've make it this far, so why stop? And don't mind the medicine... every second person on this planet takes some.

And to your question : I've just trying to recall my dream, trying to write it, and... maybe create some sort of short stories and post it. It's just weird to write it in English, because some things I can say only in my native language. But no big deal, a little practice never hurt anybody, I suppose...

MilkCalf and BigEaredKittens like this.
  4. BigEaredKittens

Yeah... see what can do, i will.

Ah, dreams eh? What about? What's your native language?

MilkCalf likes this.
  5. I_am_the_Storm

My dreams are about my writing project, which is comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, action, adventure, drama, and with love-story background. It's almost every day. They are really inspirational and motivational.

And my native language is Czech. I'm from Czech Republic and I'm proud on it. It will be a small miracle if anyone will know this 'country'.

[EDIT]
    By the way... it's almost four in the morning...

MilkCalf and BigEaredKittens like this.
  6. BigEaredKittens

Aaiii, I have dreams like that tooo very often. The dreams can certainly create strange thingssometimes.

Oohhh... czech. I've hard of it. Czech republic is a nice place, yes? I've heard it nice place to live.

I_am_the_Storm and MilkCalf like this.
  7. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I've heard the name at least.
    In my experience the less know countries are objectively the best ones.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  8. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Sounds like the Princess Bride. You should write this down.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  9. I_am_the_Storm

Yes, very nice. People are somehow nice to each other, food is great, music same -but it depends on the genre-, and whole living is good. I'm not sure about our capital city, Prague. Its better to avoid this city, to be honest.

Its possible. It is very rare, but other countries sometimes announce some news from Czech Republic or are related to it. And... it's not good news.

I've seen Princess Bride. But fairytales or stories with giants, pixies, evil sorcerers, a battle between good and evil (even as a metaphor), are not my cup of tea. Well... I didn't tried to write somehing like this. Maybe I should try it...

10. BigEaredKittens

I remember last year when I was at an event and my parents mistook a young chinese man for someone of my ethnic group. They said, "You must ask this man if he's one of us. If he is, you must mate with hm. You must make racially pure children that belong to us."

"Okay..."

So I'm at the event, I meet the man, talk to him, than I soullessly pop the question, "Are you one of us?"

Obviously, I said it in a monotone voice while my broken, dead eyes starred into his. With the obvious, robotic intention to bang somebody I've absolutley no attraction towards. The man took a second to connect the dots, than with a slightly disturbed and pitying tone he replied, "N-uhh.... no. I'm chinese. My family is chinese. I'm a college student. Can we get bacj ti the task at hand..?", I quietly responded with, "Oh, okay..."

Relief washed over me, I had dodged a bullet. Afterward, I went about the event as if I never talked to him in my life. After that, I happily shared with my parent's the good news of "No, he's not".

Getting hints of.... disturbing? Because I did that amongst a crowd of people who're listening and probably thinknig, "Wut". Sorry folks, I gotta pause this informativ conversation to find out if I have to bang this guy.

Upon reflection of this experience, I'm beginning to wonder rather or not my life is just one big parody of itself.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  11. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

Your parents sound like the people of the town where I live. My town in predominately Mormon. I have nothing at all against Mormons. But these people are snotty, long nosed, holyer than thou type. When my son was little, we were at the dentist, waiting. He and another little boy were playing on the floor with toys. The mother asked "are you Mormon?". "No". She then called her child to her side and wouldn't let him play with my son anymore. Wait---WHAT! Some people I have been able to convince that you don't have to be Mormon to be a good person. Others literally think I am a demon. (I've been told that, I think it's hysterical). If you're not 'one of them' you aren't worth the time.
    I don't get people sometimes.

12. I_am_the_Storm

People doesn't behave to others as would be correct. Even friends can treat with you like with a piece of rag... and that's a sad reality.
    Great number of people have their truth and accept only people like them. "Are you not like us? So get the f*** out of here." Why? Because you're not [insert, that makes you 'different' and others can't accept that].
    You must be extremely lucky to meet someone, who doesn'T have complains about you. But even if you travel across the planet, it's not certain you find one...

13. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Borrow stuff from Rick and Morty and Futurama. Integrate it well enough, and no one will know

14. I_am_the_Storm

I'm trying to be original, without copying from other artists. I've made a few allusions on various TV shows, movies and such things, but copying their ideas and concepts is something different. That's not my style. I walk along the way I'd created, following the rough story-line I'd made, expanding the idea, and overall trying to make something new and unseen.
    Long story short : Copying will destroy it. With copying, you can't create something original.

15. I_am_the_Storm

ARE YOU SERIOUS??
    Listen... Suicide isn't option. I know you see it as a solution and you feel like everything will solve right after your death. But you're absolutely wrong.
    Your life has same value as anybody's else. You should live your life, and not thinking about how end it. Tha't bulls**t!!
    I understand your life isn't easy, but EVERYONE has problems in their lives. Someone can't walk properly, someone has autism, or someone live under the bridge. You need to get over them.
    If you have problems in your current job, then leave and find something else. I'm sure you will find something, that will suit you a lot more better. If you have problems in relationship, then discuss it with him/her.
    Change of environment might also help. If you can afford it, then move to other country, or just move to another city/town/village.

There's always a solution. Try to talk with psychologist, family, friends. They will help you and do everything to make you feel better. Your life matter.

And please, for the love of the God... I beg you... STOP THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE!

16. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Recently, my troubles have been Anhedonia and my Social Anxiety disorder.

Anhedonia is a symptom of depression that makes fun things not so fun anymore. I have a huge backlog of unplayed games, but no desire to play them. I usually end up laying in bed for hours every day instead.

My Social Anxiety Disorder is being a real pain. I find it really hard to speak when i'm around strangers. When i go for a walk, i go to the local tesco store, and i get really nervous when standing in line because i have to talk to the cashier. A few days ago, i did a raid in World of Warcraft with our guild. In their conversation, they mentioned furries and i wanted to tell them "that's me!" but i could not. I was too shy to talk.

Yesterday, i spent most of the day worrying over a thing. On patreon, i give a generous amount of money to an artist i like. In return, the artist promises to do a commission for me every month. I always put it off because i'm scared of messaging them. I put it off until yesterday, the 25th day of the month, where i spent the entire afternoon bouncing between social media and the message i wanted to send in notepad. I did not get to do anything else yesterday as a result.

Don't give up, we believe in you. Struggling through hardship is how we become wiser people. The wisest people are always the most struggled.
    A warrior is a person who fights, and a powerful warrior is one who fights well. Every day, you fight for survival. You've fought longer than most people. You must be powerful, from all that you've fought. There will probably still be hard times ahead, but do not fear: You are a powerful warrior.

17. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

You know, @BigEaredKittens, if you are seriously contemplating suicide, you must believe in the afterlife. But ask yourself this:

"Ok, what if I die now? Then what happens to me?"

Almost every religion uses life to determine how the afterlife will be. Ending yours on such a note won't look pretty in your application form for the next life, if you catch my drift. You'll be hard pressed to find any religion that rewards suicide for selfish reasons (before you say Islamism, even suicide bombers believe in sacrificing their lives, not suicide. That and, seriously, they are fools). So won't it make things worse in the long run? I thought the point of suicide was to discard a troubled existence, not trading it for the same thing at best, and worse ones at worst.

I say this because you need to retain consciousness in order to enjoy any relief death may offer you. But will that happen? Oblivion makes suicide completely pointless. The very concept of feeling is tied to existence, so no longer existing discards the very thing that compels you to do that in the first place.

18. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I've wanted to post in this thread for some stuff but having just come back from spending a week and a half with my parents I'll post about that instead. So, two things.

Every time I see my mum she comments about my teeth. As if I didn't already know. This past trip she said something about them three times. I have a very negative body image. I don't like my appearance and am, uh, embarrassed about them actually. Like, I really dislike how I look. It's why I hate my picture being taken. And mum saying this is not only annoying but also kind of hurtful(?) I guess. Like, does she really have to comment literally every time she sees me? I already know my teeth are messed up, geez.

The second thing is not really a negative. Dad wants to leave everything to me in the will. This includes two houses (including literally every item in one of them), a motorcycle, etc. He said he feels like I'm the only one he can trust (out of the kids). Basically he doesn't want people fighting over stuff when he dies so he wants to leave it all to me and put me in charge of who gets what. It's a lot to think about. I'm not sure what to say to that. It could cause some bad blood between me and the sibs (especially since I'm pretty low on the totem pole of birth order).

So yeah. Mum being mum and dad dropping some heavy stuff on me.

19. I_am_the_Storm

I understand you, friend. Appearance is very sensitive thing and it's the first thing people will see. It's shame there is no way how to change it (except plastic surgeries, clothes, or hair-style) I am not happy with my look, too. Everyone looking at me like on some kind of creature from space. And it will hurt when I hear behind my back, how people laughing on me, because I'm not pretty as them. But I bet my shoes they have a lack of inner beauty.
    Don't mind your mother, though. Such comments are very common, yet horribly annoying : "Adjust your hair, honey.", "Shove your beard, darling."... and list goes on. Some mothers see their -in example- 24 years old childrens as 7 years old kids. I think it is normal. But of course, it's purely individual.

Well... you'll have a hard times. Family relationship is fragile and if you give one thing to your sibling, then another will be upset, because he/she will want this thing as well, especially if the item has value. And 'birth order' as you said, isn't big deal, I suppose. If your father want to give you all in his will, then you have some 'quality'. Just do your best to not break up your relationship with your family.
    Good luck with that.

Pangaea and MilkCalf like this.
  20. BigEaredKittens

Yes yes, judgement after death and concept of hell don't exist, are foreign, they are not worry. Oblivion not much either, I imagine someone who's dead doesn't care if they exist or not.

Suicidal depression is something I've had for quite a long time, tho talking about it does make me feel like a nuiscance. Not intending to cause alarm tho, moreso just ot have a grumble to release some stress and frustration.

Last edited: May 4, 2017