1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crash when receiving hammer in loot bag

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ataeraxia, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ataeraxia

ataeraxia Orbital Explorer

Hi all,

I was opening a loot bag that I received from a colonist when my game crashed ('A fatal error has occurred'). The loot bag awarded me what looked to be some kind of hammer, though I wasn't able to pick it up (first, my inventory was full, then when I made room by tossing my coconuts on the ground, the hammer wouldn't go in my inventory), so it could have been a spear or axe. I wasn't able to get the name of the weapon.

I'm playing on a Windows 10 ASUS with NVidia drivers (I'm not great about knowing which specs are important/where to find out what I'm using, but am willing to receive instructions). I was in windowed full screen mode (is that what it's called? There's borders on my screen but it fills my whole screen and I need to switch modes to make the screen smaller, but I can still see my taskbar and such).

I've attached starbound.log.1, 2, 3, and 4. I'm not sure why there's four of them, but you may see them all.

I've downloaded the Bunera mod and the mod that makes the Bunera mod work (I can't seem to find the name of it right now), but I unsubscribed from both of those mods a few weeks ago.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When using the "upload a file" button on the forums it will auto show the right logfile. It seems that your OS is hiding known file extensions and .log is one of them by default. This means that the file only appears as "starbound" inside your storage directory.

~ Iris ~

3. ataeraxia

Thank you so much! I started drafting an edit, and the file uploads properly. Should I delete this topic and post the original crash in a new thread, or just edit this one to reflect the changes?

4. Iris Blanche

When editing your opening post you can adjust the title so you don't need to open up a new topic :)

~ iris ~

5. ataeraxia

Thanks so much for all this help! One final thing: I tried to edit the content of my post by just deleting everything outside the spoiler tag, but when I hit 'post,' I got a message saying my post was too 'spam-like.' Do I just need to wait a few minutes before editing it?

EDIT: Oh, would you look at that, it edited it anyway :p

Here's the log file in case it didn't upload properly.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  6. Iris Blanche

You may want to avoid double postsX3 I merged them.

The log doesn't show an error. Is it the log from the session the error occured?
    Each session will create a new logfile. starbound.log.1-5 are from previous sessions.
    Try reproduce the error and upload the new log right after it happened.

~ Iris ~

7. ataeraxia

I didn't think I would be able to reproduce the error within any reasonable time frame because I figured it had to do with the item in the loot bag, but turns out I was wrong.

Last time, since I didn't really get how crash logs work, I reentered my game after the crash, so I couldn't provide you with a good log file. My game has crashed with a 'fatal error' message again, and this time I have not reentered my game. Here's the log.

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

The log doesn't show any error though... :c

Can you make a screenshot of said error message?

~ Iris ~

9. ataeraxia

Got it- I couldn't scroll or resize the error message, so it may be cut off, but here it is.

http://imgur.com/a/dHA0o

I also found this achievement dialogue in my statistics file- I don't know of a 'kill 10 poptops' achievement in the game, do you?

http://imgur.com/a/iFYrJ

I can't upload the file here because of the extension, but I can send it to you over another medium if you'd like.

EDIT: I found it in my .log as well, here's a screengrab and a copy of .log:

http://imgur.com/a/zIBkg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  10. Iris Blanche

Please avoid double posting.

Do you have by chance a capture pod with you or any monsters near you when that happens?

The achievement can be ignored. It's only a small remnant which doesn't affect stability.

~ Iris ~

11. ataeraxia

I'm not sure what you mean by double posting? Does it automatically make two posts when I edit a comment?

I wasn't anywhere near any mobs, but I do have capture pods on me.

12. Iris Blanche

There were again 2 posts in a row :p the edit in the second post did not create a new post.

The stacktrace shows some monster variants. What is in those capture pods?

~ Iris ~