RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

((AH! The text is 3D again!))

"Plastic? Huh."
    Aden tries looking around for any welding metal too.

2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

He comments to the technician as he heads up to the one armed man again.
    "Little late to play hardass when we've up and been derailed..."

3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Well, good to meet you then. Uh, just call me Schmidt."
    ---
    The dents shouldn't cause any issues, besides with the aesthetics. After a quick system check, it seems whatever knocked him out involved a high-voltage electric shock, which overloaded the electronics. He should be functional once you reboot his systems, but you might want to do a once-over of his wiring once you have the time.
    There's plenty of scraps scattered about the place, offcuts and the like. Though Rook's already assembled a fair amount, with a piercing whine as she fires up the angle grinder to cut them into shape.
    She gives you an annoyed glare. "Well excuse me, it's only polite to say your name before asking for someone else's! Unless you're with them..."

4. HunterC1998

He just ignores the glare,
    "Nice to see folks keep to formalities after this little disaster.."

5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade nods and smiles, helping them up

Maxwell looks over his thrusters....

HunterC1998 likes this.
  6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Yes, it's what separates us from the savages."
    She standing upright now, though still a little unsteady. "So, what brings you to this part of the train? Besides curiosity, of course."
    ---
    They're not clogged with anything, and seem good to go.

HunterC1998 and Arra like this.
  7. HunterC1998

"Your formality, my end game....All the same in my eyes.."

Arra likes this.
  8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Making sure everyone is alright. "

He turns Kronos back on

HunterC1998 likes this.
  9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"You know, where I come from, we say things that actually have meaning." She now turns her exasperation towards the one-armed man, who's still having trouble with the radio.
    "Unless you can bring back the dead, I think you're gonna have a hard time of it..."
    ---
    He whirs to life.

Arra likes this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Jade shrugs
    " Eh. I know a guy."

Kronos beeps annoyedly at Maxwell, half knocking him over
    " Woah! Calm down buddy! "

11. HunterC1998

Now he's just talking to himself, quietly as he looks at the one armed man.

"You wanna hear meaning, you gotta listen when it counts.."

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"You need any more of these?"
    Aden holds up some of the metal.

13. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

"If by 'military' you mean 'bigger,' then yeah, that would be nice. Though the mining explosives should do, we might be able to rig up a kind of make shift mortar system."

14. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Sure you do."
    ---
    The scene prompts some aside glances from some of the others, and at least one amused chuckle.
    The tech is chewing out the one-armed man, in one of those amusing scenes were someone is being scolded by another who's head and shoulders shorter. He doesn't seem to know how to react to this. The tech manages to get the radio working in short order; though to be fair, she has both arms to work on this task.
    "Uh, maybe? You might want to cover your eyes." She puts on a welding mask and fires up the torch, the light is brighter than the sun.
    She's started welding, it's painful to watch what she's doing. "No, by military I mean 'compact'. it'll take thirty kilos of ANFO to do the job of ten kilos of plastex."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Isn't the sun supposed to be releasing the same amount of energy as a trillion megaton nukes a second? That might've just been for Sol... Whatever it is, he covers his eyes.

16. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Alistair looks away, he'd rather not need a second bionic eye. He also neglects to point out that if you need the less of an explosive to make the same size explosion as something else, that's technically a bigger explosion.

"We can pretty much assume that, in general, if it's military, it's better. But I'll take the mining explosives for now"

Dragonclaw likes this.
  17. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Pfft. I really do. "

Kronos relents as Maxwell pats him. Maxwell looks around.

HunterC1998 likes this.
  18. HunterC1998

He just chuckles at the sight, heading back near Jade now.
    "Well, seems like we should just let these two do the work..."

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The local star is a red dwarf, and is tens of millions of kilometres away. This torch is mere metres from you; the dark cabin isn't helping either.
    "Alright, I imagine they keep the stuff in crates marked with all the warning signs; even though the stuff's as inert as nitrogen gas... oh, that reminds me, you'll need a booster charge, regular blasting caps won't cut it."
    "Let me guess, he also walks on water, and turns that water into wine in his spare time?"
    ---
    You're currently along in the triage area; the doctor is still busy tending with the wounded, and someone has set up a thick blanket as a curtain to block the light from welding.
    "Alright, the damn thing's running again; what were you going to do with it?"
    "Call ahead, obviously; maybe they can send backup."
    "Okay, I guess that's worth a shot. And by shot, I mean flare. It's probably going to attract every vulture for kilometres!"
    "Do you have a better idea?"
    "...No."
    "Then fire the flare. It we're lucky, they'll be too busy fighting each other to worry about us."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Pfahaha. Funny. But no. But lets talk about something more pertinent. "
    She looks to Lance

Maxwell heads outside....He checks the payload rifle on Kronos. Is it still intact?

HunterC1998 likes this.