RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if this had been mentioned but kegs do not work , atleast for me... It seems that if the keg is empty it will fill and once the product is done it will harvest BUT... It leaves the keg in a ghost filled state (nothing in the keg, yet it is bouncing/ vibrating) making it unable to be refilled automatically... I can refill by hand but can't seem to have it refilled... breaking the cask and manually replacing fixes this bug but makes it pointless because it means I can't automate kegs... jelly makers seem to have the same problem but haven't done as much testing on them...

• TheWiseOne13

First off this is an amazing mod however this seems to not at all work with Custom Farming by Platonymous... is seems to break all automation, and make it so this mod does essentially no automation (picks up eggs and stuff outside but no furnaces or anything of the like) ... I am going to contact him as well but is there anything you can do on your side to fix this they are both amazing mods and cant bear to lose either... :(

Thanks,
      Have a good day :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
      • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Heya, are these issues related? I mean, does having both mods cause the issue in the first post or does it happen with only the automation mod? As it appears CustomFarming uses SMAPI 1.9, it could be that this mod isn't compatible (yet) with that version. Can you get a log and attach it here?

• TheWiseOne13

It appears the kegs are bugged for me either way but everything else always works however the other machines i.e. Furnace never works right with custom machines installed and the once in a rare while it does it does one furnace and not the string of furnaces that I have lined up... As where the string of furnaces did work before installation... But the two bugs seem unrealated as to cause...

• TheWiseOne13

2 things... first off apparently forgot to mention I am using the custom farming version for stardew 1.1 not beta 1.2 also the barrel problem apparently fixed itself however the furnaces are still not working I tried normal but in this instance I cheated like 10 furnaces in then hooked up a chest with 999 coal and 999 copper ore and nothing happened both outside and inside... Here is log...

P.s. the recycler for some unknown reason does work...

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
            • TheWiseOne13

So I decided to try to do a large amount of kegs using an older save with a clean (without custom farming) save then one with

Without (Seems to work fantastic)

With (waited an hour and absolutely nothing happened...) Here is the log...

Thanks and have a wonderful day :)

Attached Files:

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

With the older save, were you also using SMAPI 1.8 or did you end up updating to that when adding custom farming?

The error being thrown is basically the same tiles being processed and added several times causing booms. Trying to figure out if that's duplicate machine IDs being used by custom farming (Probably not) or if something wonky is being thrown with object detection.

• TheWiseOne13

In my old save I was originally using an older smapi but have updated and played with and without custom farming and have the same problem can post more logs if needed :)

However the latter of the 2 logs I believe might be on an older smapi...

However the first is not and I have played the first without custom farming and everything works

Thank you for the reply and the amazing mod! :D
                  Have a Wonderful day! :)

To Clarify I am using SMAPI 1.8

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
                  • TheWiseOne13

Is there any update I would really love to be able to use the mods together... Do you know if it is fixable yet or do I metaphorically have to bite the bullet and choose one... If there is a way to fix it I am more than happy to wait or help (if I can, don't really know much though...) Anyway was just hoping for some kind of update to whether or not it was fixable, because I put a bunch of work into making custom farming add-ons and have like 7 or 8 and a few days in, before actually playing Stardew to realize no automation... :/ and I don't think I can live without it but don't want all the time to go to waste...

Thanks for any help you can give :)
                    Have a Wonderful day :D

• Daybreak1591

Daybreak1591 Space Hobo

Heya. Getting the following error when trying to add the item collector mob. Automatic barn door works fine.
                      upload_2017-4-7_18-44-35.png

Any Help?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Nothing that can be done at the moment until OP updates the mod for SMAPI 1.9. You can always downgrade to SMAPI 1.8 if you want until then.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Thanks so much for that ^_^ I've been incredibly busy with my job (huge project going on) and haven't had a lot of time to give some love to this unfortunately. Also, thanks for the crossplatform scripts, I've never had to build for Linux from Win before and work primarily in Microsoft shops, so wasn't that familiar with those scripts, they were still the original author's. I'll get it built and released when I get home tonight.

• TheWiseOne13

Hey Maddy, I'm not meaning to pester and I understand you are busy, but is there anything I can do about my bug? Is there anything I can do or can you give me a timefrase if possible, I know life can get hectic I just love your mod and miss the mass produce farms I had ;) Hope your having a good day :) If there is anything I can do to help or any update please let me know, Thanks :) Have a wonderful day :D

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I'd love to be able to give a time frame, unfortunately I can't. I've a huge deadline at work with a massive rewrite of my department's internal software which is absorbing most of my time. Can you check with the newest version and see if you're still experiencing the issue? If so, can you then zip your save (with mods and all) and send it to me so that I can try to track down exactly what's causing the issue?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Oh, and v0.4.0.0 is up!

Pathoschild likes this.
                                • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Hey @maddy99 or @Pathoschild , I know things are busy so I'm not expecting a quick reply, but I just wanted to let you know that I updated to SMAPI 1.9 and removed the old versions of the mods and downloaded the new ones, but I'm still getting a red error for Item Collector that says it will not load. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I will attach my error file. I also do not know if this matters, but I am not playing the BETA version of SDV either.

Also don't mind the other mods that are erroring out, I'm still updating the rest. :)

Thanks for your guys' work!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@maddy99 Did you compile the mod with an older version of SMAPI? Normally that's fine, but since there are breaking changes in SMAPI 1.9 it's best to install the latest version before compiling the mod. :)

• mmanlapat

mmanlapat Poptop Tamer

bump on this? any fixes? still not working on SMAPI 1.9

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here are the fixed release packages. (@maddy99: these are release-ready, feel free to use these instead on your release page.)

Attached Files:

mmanlapat, HopeWasHere and Xuomi like this.