Beta StarBound

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by IgorENKO, Oct 1, 2012.

1. IgorENKO

IgorENKO Yeah, You!

Which means I will be able to play bete? When she comes out? When you go full version of the game? Sorry for my english it is not perfect.

2. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

You don't have to be sorry if you have got a bad english, lad. And i don't think that there will be a beta, they will just release the full version in the end of the year. :)

3. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

I don't remember that if they even annonced it, but mods are saying that. And it might be annonced too...

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

I hope that it get's released on February 19th, 2013 so that I can get a free copy :mwahaha:

5. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

HOW? :eek:

6. I'm pretty sure this has been posted and discussed several times.

7. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

Most indeededly.

8. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

The devs said they want to "Try" to get it done by the end of they year but "There are still a lot of things to implement". I'm hoping and guessing that they are good little workers and will have it done by then.

9. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Hey, If it takes them some extra time to polish and shine it...
    I'd gladly wait a bit longer.

10. Admiral CherryTurnover

Admiral CherryTurnover Cosmic Narwhal

If "extra" things are still needed to be implemented in the game after the end of the year before release, I think a beta or demo will keep me preoccupied until then.

and when I mean demo, I'm thinking space limitations not time. (such as one random planet and space station with mostly locked content that would entice the player and.... oh dear, ok maybe Demo may not be so great. :yeahhhh:

11. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

12. Admiral CherryTurnover

The FAQ on the main site Mentions that there will be a BETA, and states that they are unsure how to go about doing that.
    Whether they are still considering that or not, it is stated.

13. Black Hawk

Black Hawk Subatomic Cosmonaut

February 19th is Black Hawk's anniversary.

Arretez likes this.
  14. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

Perhaps if I win the game, I shall give it to you as a present.

15. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the lack of videos/progression makes me feel that it wont be relesed at the end of the year......

oh well olny time will tell x-x

16. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

17. Admiral CherryTurnover

On the contrary, I believe that things are pretty much in the game, but lacks organization.
    Of course there are sounds needed to be added and more conversations and story elements as well.
    I also assume that a rough draft of the game has been made, but needs the hollow areas filled in with more content to truly give the illusion of infinite possibilities. If they really wanted to, I bet they could release a beta this month, but then most of the content they have currently could possibly burn out on hardcore players.
    Since Tiy tweeted about starbound giving him a Dr. Who vibe, I would say that these content disconformities (gaps) are narrowing greatly! :DD

Polishing, content-filling, and organization are very critical at this point, so the possibility of a long period of Beta is diminishing; that is if they are still planning on releasing full at the end of the year.

Bombzero likes this.