Modding Help Lights in tIDE

Discussion in 'Mods' started by hollowlaughter, Apr 3, 2017.

1. hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

Hey so I've been playing around making an edit of this farmhouse map and everything's fine and dandy so far (adding a teleport to Wizard's house, etc) but I was wondering if it's possible to add lights to the house that aren't furniture, but "baked in" to the map and actual function as lights.

Is it possible to do this? I'd like to have those lamps in the new area actually work, and also use them through the rest of the house since I'm not too fond of the hide-a-campfire technique of lighting the house without having to use those huge light sources that often don't match your furniture.

Thanks!

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

I believe you can do so with the Paths layer -- check out the Tunnel map for an example.

• hollowlaughter

Well, I was hoping for some that would be tied to the time-of-day like say, the streetlights in town are, but the FarmHouse maps weren't working the same way using DayTiles and NightTiles properties + Lights.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that those are hardcoded special light sources, there is no mechanic available at this time to make them in tIDE.

• hollowlaughter

OK, so it looks like paths is the best option for what I want to do at this time, thanks!