RP No Man's Land- Chapter 2: Off the Rails (On Hiatus)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Roland Weiss, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

((That blue text is beginning to look 3D...))

"We have an exosuit, right?"

2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Yeah, sure; just rub it in, eh? And it took you long enough to notice." He sighs, as he flicks a switch, causing the console to flicker to life. "Make no mistake, first chance I get, I'm finding a replacement. At any rate, I'm trying to send out a call to our destination; maybe they can pull our asses out of this mess."
    You've seen him before, he was with the medic. Besides his lack of an arm shown by the empty, hanging sleeve, you see that he's carrying a rifle. Though it's doubtful he'll be using it much.
    ---
    You find some thick, stranded rope.
    She happens to be standing next to one of those large exosuits used for cargo handling. "I dunno, jack; that might take some searching."

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Dragonclaw likes this.
  3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell sees if he can attach it to the finned coil-round
    --------
    Jade raises her eyebrows, nudging Lance

HunterC1998 likes this.
  4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"I can see. I can also see that duct tape won't work with that thing, so there goes that option. Does there need to be some kind of mount or can you just bolt it one there?"

5. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

He notices the nudge, "Rub it in? Hell, I'd rather have nothing than something you can barely use...I'm no better off, since I busted twenties I've been walking like an old man...Now it's starting to feel like one and it ain't been that long...But tell you what...In the mind for a trade? That rifle ain't gonna do you no good with one wing..But this little cannon might.." He pulls and shows the 15mm, "That's considering you're fit to shoot it.."

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Now, it would make sense to take some strands from the rope to bind the sabot onto the dart, but how do you plan on attaching it here?
    "Eh, I'll figure something out; or Max will. Duct tape... yeesh, who do you think I am, Red Green?"
    He looks over the large pistol, raising an eyebrow. "Nah, you can keep your range toy; and I won't be trading my rifle for anything, even if I can't use it at the moment."

Dragonclaw likes this.
  7. HunterC1998

Lance simply looks to Jade and shrugs, holstering the pistol, "Fair enough, your choice..How long to get a signal out?"

8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Maxwell tries to somehow grind a small channel into the coil-round

Jade looks outside, pulling the radio out and fiddling with it
    " Hey Lance. Could you help me with this radio? "

HunterC1998 likes this.
  9. HunterC1998

"Sure, what do you need?"

Arra likes this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Can you get it to work? "

11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

((Shit! What'd I miss?))

12. HunterC1998

He takes the radio and leans against a wall and turns it on.

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"I don't think that's something you would do. I would probably do it though. And that thing will probably need a mount. If it has too much kick, it could come off the bolts and break. It doesn't exactly look... durable."

14. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

He starts to tune the radio, causing harsh static to blast through the headset. "Ugh, once I get this damn thing to work; seems it's been scrambled like a bowl of eggs."
    Well, you can; depends on what part of the thing you want to grind into.
    ((Oh, now you turn up. You just missed the second coming; oh and you've arrived at the lead car of the train.))
    You get the static of a dead channel; maybe from white noise.
    "The bits we're working with are meant to take the weight of a train rolling over it. I'm sure it'll survive the recoil."

15. HunterC1998

He tries switching through channels if it can, maybe they swapped or it just got knocked out of the right channel.

16. Arra

Arra The End of Time

He tries to grind a channel into it, to make it hollow

Jade sighs, looking around again

HunterC1998 likes this.
  17. HunterC1998

"How you faring Jade?"

Arra likes this.
  18. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Fine really...Just didn't want this to happen..."

HunterC1998 likes this.
  19. HunterC1998

"Relax, I didn't see anyone else working on unhooking those cars...We can't do this on our own..Which means you aren't to blame.."

Arra likes this.
  20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

"Okay then. I guess you don't need any mount."