Adds a Harp to the game

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

2. eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I recommend this mod, it's really fun.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Oh yes, this is such a fun mod! And it gives more credibility to the event with Abigail, when she's playing the flute!
      I've only tried the music sheet that comes in the mail, but I hope there are more! And I've seen that this mod adds new events as well!
      Kudos to you, this is such a creative mod!

Starbeak87 likes this.
      • eemie

there are 5 sheets in total and you gain them by doing certain things or reaching certain milestones :)

Minakie and Karmylla like this.
        • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

@eemie even better!
          Honestly, this is such a nice addition to the SMAPI world, thank you so much for sharing @Platonymous!!!

• eemie

ALSO the sheets have a functionality to them so they're like tools :) sorry I'm really excited for this mod aaaah

Karmylla likes this.
            • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I know, it's such a cool mod aaaaah

eemie likes this.
              • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

So I'm trying to figure out how to do it... It says to add the sheet music to the harp, but it's not working. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what...

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

You add the music to the harp like you add bait to a fishing rod. Right click over the harp with it selected i think

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Oh, that make sense! Don't know why I didn't try that, thanks :)

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

So, i have gotten 4 sheets, not sure what for.... I'm in year three, got pretty much everything in the game done on this save. Not sure what more I could do to get the 5th sheet.
                      I've been trying to figure out what the music does....

highlight for spoilers------
                      Birthday Sonata - not sure yet... need to try playing it for someone on their birthday probably...
                      Serenade of Thunder - makes it rain for a few moments, waters the crops outside.
                      Prelude of Yoba - seems to shake all the trees to shake lose any seeds/drops it might have... and to an extent draw the seeds to you from across the map? not sure what the limit is. (it's spring 15 for me right now and OH how I wish it would shake the berry bushes! :rofl:)
                      Ballad of the Wanderer - teleport to and from the Community Center and Home.

end spoiler

• Platonymous

I will incorporate the bush idea into my next update, I hadn't thought of that.
                        You're close to what the music is doing. There are actually 6 Sheets currently in the mod, though the last one is super hidden, really no way to figure that out actually, I plan on building more story into the mod with more sheets, where it will telegraph what to do a bit stronger. But for the 6 Sheets, here's where you get them and what they do:

1. The Birthday Sonata, that you get at the start raises the heart level of an NPC by two if you play it to them on their Birthday. (works once per birthday)

2. The Serenade of Thunder you get after the Abigail Event in the mountains does exactly what you wrote, it rains for a moment and waters your outside crops.

3. The Prelude to Yoba you get after getting married. It does shake the trees and draws everything falling towards you, but the first daily play actually also grows the trees. So if you plan on building a tree orchard that's the music to play.

4. The Ballad of the Wanderer, that you get after finishing the Community Center only teleports to the CC on your first daily play, after that it teleports to the last location it was played on, so you can hop between two different locations.

5. The next you get after playing the Birthday Sonata to the Wizard on his Birthday.
                          It's called Ode to the dark and kills all monsters in one location. Since you could get this very early on it can be useful in the mines but once you have strong enough gear it really isn't, so I'm reworking that one.

6. The last one you get when you played the 5 others in front of the old mariner.
                          The Fisherman's Lament gives you +5 fishing and a ton of luck for 30sec-2min after the first daily play and a smaller fishing buff and no additional luck after that. The additional luck has more benefits then fishing obviously so it useful in all kinds of places.

I'm working on a different mod atm, but I will come back to this after I finish the first version.

• Platonymous

• tearful0eye

tearful0eye Void-Bound Voyager

i really wanna try this mod, because it sounds wonderful... and i feel stupid for having to ask, but where do i get the harp from?

• Platonymous

You get it all via mail. Look into the spoiler tag from my answer to Allayna to see how and when exactly. But the Harp and the first Sheet show up in your mailbox right away at 6:10 after installing the mod.

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

I absolutely love this mod and how it makes the random harp that appears during the Abigail cutscene make sense. I have unlocked 5 of the 6 available sheets but I'm having difficulty obtaining the Fisherman's Lament sheet music. I've tried playing all 5 in front of the old mariner (the guy you buy the Mermaid's Pendant from, not Willy I'm assuming) but I have not gotten the sheet music in the mail. Am I supposed to talk to him after or is the music supposed to be played in a certain order?

• Platonymous

It sounds like you did everything right, not sure why it didn't work. You would recive the sheet either later that day or the next day, no need to talk to anyone. Try playing them all on the same day, all before 1800 and then you should get the sheet in the mail at 1810. The order isn't relevant, though I guess you would play the wanderer last, because the teleportation would be inconvinient otherwise. Mods that affect the Beach could cause problems but not likely, does it show any error messages in the log during play? Last resort would be to open the HarpOfYoba savefile in your regular save folder and changing every "false" to "true", but please let me know what it said before if you do that, so I can figure out what might have caused the problem.

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'll try again on the next rainy day going earlier in the day. Perhaps the problem is that I was playing the harp for him in the evening. I'll let you know if that does not work. I don't really have many mods that affect the beach so I can't see that affecting things. Thanks for the quick reply though!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Two things:
                                    First, I'm getting this error, though it doesn't seem to actually have any in-game effect from what I can tell so far:

[14:14:11 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the SaveEvents.AfterSave event:
                                    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                                    at TheHarpOfYoba.HarpOfYobaMod.LoadAndReplace(String save) in c:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\TheHarpOfYoba\TheHarpOfYoba\HarpOfYobaMod.cs:line 145
                                    at TheHarpOfYoba.HarpOfYobaMod.SaveEvents_AfterSave(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\users\david\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\TheHarpOfYoba\TheHarpOfYoba\HarpOfYobaMod.cs:line 74
                                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 32

Second, if you open the letter that contains the Harp and first music sheet, and fail to actually collect the items either because your inventory is full or you accidentally exit the letter, you are- as far as I can tell- unable to ever collect the harp and music sheet.

• Platonymous

Which version are you using? The letter will just show up again the next day.