RELEASED [SMAPI] Ento's home of Abandoned Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Entoarox, Oct 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Both have official updates at the topics by their original authors now.

• GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

What about fishing culture ;?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am sorry, but real life has recently been a massive bitch to me, I dont even have proper time to deal with my own mods, let alone patching other peoples :(

• GARRthePIRATE

GARRthePIRATE Big Damn Hero

Totally understand. Time is a rare thing.

• Pcoverz

Pcoverz Space Hobo

Thank you !

• beeridza

beeridza Yeah, You!

• mlpbadassss16

mlpbadassss16 Space Spelunker

are you sure , better sprinklers dosent seems to work for me :(

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am sure there is a new version, make sure you actually download the correct one...

• xnhf1150

xnhf1150 Space Hobo

• mlpbadassss16

mlpbadassss16 Space Spelunker

in nexusmod or there is other link ? :(i really need better splinkers mod u.u

• KuroBear

KuroBear Phantasmal Quasar

• skitzophrenia

skitzophrenia Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, as of 3/25/17 the NoSoilDecay mod is no longer valid. When SMAPI loads this message is seen on the prompt log :
                      [21:02:46 WARN SMAPI] NoSoilDecay used Extensions.Cast, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. It will be removed soon, so the mod will break if it's not updated.

This mod was previosly mentioned in this thread around October last year, but since then has indeed come to a point of expiry. If you could update this I would greatly appreciate it!

(mod available here http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewval...ey/ajax/moddescription/?id=237&preview=&pUp=1 )

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

NoSoilDecay still works with the current official release of SDV and SMAPI 1.8.

• UmzFTW

UmzFTW Space Hobo

Ty bro

• skitzophrenia

Okay, it's literally still showing soil decay so I'm wondering what i'm not doing right. I re-downloaded and installed the mod and it worked for two realtime days and then displayed the same error message. Should I just keep re-adding the mod?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

The warning currently shows for plenty of mods right now, but that doesn't mean they don't actually work in-game. I use NoSoilDecay and a few other mods that are also being given the depreciated warning and still function in-game, but that's just what it is—a warning. It's saying that the extension that these mods use will be removed in a new version of SMAPI, but it's still currently active. Unless you get red text or the mod actually breaks when you load your save files, it should still be fine.

• skitzophrenia

Alright, thanks for the support. Some blocks will decay randomly after that message but for now i'll just keep re-adding the mod i guess.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

What exactly do you mean by "re-adding the mod"?

The warning doesn't mean that mod is being removed, so there's no need to reinstall it just because you saw the warning. You should only need to reinstall it once there is an update for the mod.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Does anyone know where the "More Artifact Spots" mod went? And if the author is still around to update it? It let's you adjust the amount of chances you get each morning for a new dig spot. It's using "PlayerEvents.LoadedGame" as well as the "Config" and "Log" classes. How difficult would it be to hash out a new version for someone with rudimentary #C skills?

Edit: Not that I can figure out how to open the file to edit it, anyway. Especially since none of the methods suggested in the modding advice thread or site seem to work...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
                                    • fosszer

fosszer Space Hobo