OOC Aliquam: Lilitheaa [APPS CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jirky-Kake, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Jirky-Kake

Jirky-Kake Phantasmal Quasar

I'm pretty busy during the weekdays with school and work, but I can usually find the time to make at least one response every day. Techno probably won't take too many replies unless it has something to do with his NPCs or some sort of special occasion, so I will be the one handling most responses. I'd say a good medic/support character would either have a large portion of their attribute points in wisdom and intelligence OR wisdom and dexterity; wisdom is a necessity for healing others and oneself, and dexterity/intelligence so they can use a ranged weapon for support.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I might just make another app... just because... unless someone else wants to join. I know critsarecool might make one, so that leaves one spot. I'll just make one and if anyone else wants to join you can either trash mine or turn mine into one of the NPCs.

Jirky-Kake, Arra and Firebird Zoom like this.
  3. Jirky-Kake

Alright, but you can keep both characters if you want to if we end up being full slotted; everyone is allowed three player characters maximum.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Three? Don't tell me that...

Jirky-Kake and Firebird Zoom like this.
  5. Jirky-Kake

Are you debating about adding one more character as well now? :avalixD:

Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  6. HunterC1998

I could very easily...But I'm not sure whether I should..If I do, he would be another medic..

Firebird Zoom and Jirky-Kake like this.
  7. BlueShard

BlueShard Giant Laser Beams

Would you prefer people not to make more apps, for your sanity? Because I might get on that train as well.

Also, another question. Guns? Can we have guns or technologically advanced ranged weapons?

8. Jirky-Kake

(Ignore this. I was in a bad mood when typing this part and regret sending it. I'd be more than happy to allow others to add more characters if they want.) Well, now that you bring it up, actually... I was kind of not expecting anyone or one person at most to be requesting additional characters, so it's getting a bit disappointing that I seem to keep getting further and further away from being able to start this already, but at the same time, if you guys feel like you want to add another character, I'd hate to say no when we technically haven't even started yet.

As for guns, none when starting out. Character's will have to find it or buy it and same thing for ranged magic. If there's a certain weapon you wish for your character to have, just PM me sometime during the roleplay and I'll see what I can do to make it appear.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  9. Jirky-Kake

Almost a week and no update, so I'll just go ahead and keep everybody in the loop so nobody thinks I died yet.

I've been in a bit of a rut this week and I'll be honest, I couldn't bring myself to get anything done since last week because of it.

I'm feeling better now so I plan on ending my hiatus fairly soon (I've got two essays I need to do first for class) and resume getting everything I said I was going to get done and more if necessary.

Thank you all for being patient with me! I promise I will not be abandoning this RP! Besides, I've invested too much into this already, so I'm not throwing this away unless for a valid reason, like being permanently banned for setting one of the forum moderators' house on fire, which I totally would probably not do, maybe! :catbleh:

10. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Eh, it's fourth quarter. I can handle delay to the summer.

11. KingSalamander

KingSalamander Orbital Explorer

To be honest this delay is helpful to me. I have a bunch of projects to do so this gives me more time to do them.

12. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

Agreed, we have spring break next week, and I'll have time then to crank out an app.

13. HunterC1998

Yep, while I'm in spring break right now..

14. zombiexander

zombiexander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This seems interesting and you seem to need more actually player characters, so.
    Bam.

Name: Spjot Sveinsson.

Sex: Male.

Race: Human.

Appearance: A rather big, burly man with pale skin, platemail armor (if allowed, scrap armor otherwise), a heavy blond beard, and a nasal helmet.

Traits:
    Pack Mule: He can carry a lot. A lot a lot.
    Axe Diplomacy: He's rather intimidating, if not the smartest.

What Was That Thunk Noise?: His heavy armor and the fact he's a big, burly man makes him highly unlikely to take a lot of damage from arrows, bullets or daggers.
    Trustworhy: He's not smart enough to backstab anyone.

Berserker: He doesn't really care who he's killing in combat, as long as he gets to kill them. This includes teammates. (A nice little trait that can either go positive or negative, because I like those kind of traits.)

Somebody Thinks Like A Slug: He's a rather slow thinker.
    Hey, Somebody Also Moves Like A Slug: Due to his... heavy armor and weapons, he can't really run or sprint.
    Gullible: Easily swayed by people with high charisma. Since, he's not the smartest, as previously stated...
    Trusting: Trusts people more than he should. Especially people with names like him.
    Angry, Angry Man: He's easily frustrated and quick to anger. And, him being angry tends not to go well for anyone.
    Somebody's Been Eating Too Many Big Macs: Being a big, burly man in jingling platemail, stealth is not an option with Spjot.

Starting Melee Weapon: An atgeir, also known as a 'viking halberd'. It's a strength weapon.

Backstory: There's not really too much to tell. He was born in a family of big, burly men and women (his mother had a mustache), and has been bashing people in the skull with axes and polearms for as long as he can remember. Which, isn't too long, but hey.
    Since it's his only developed skill (and favorite way to pass time), it was a quite obvious that he needed to use it as a way to bring in money. And, what better way than to go to a relatively uncharted land with lots of politics probably consisting of stabbing people in the back repeatedly and then proclaiming yourself king. Which, doesn't lead to the most stable of peacetimes.
    I know that I (and some other people I know well as GMs) try to use backstory as a way to find motivation, so I'll just put it here plainly.
    1. He wants to bash people. He doesn't care who they are.
    2. He wants to bring in money through bashing people, hence why he's in the guild.

Specialization: Well, he's not going to be investigating crime, that's for sure...
    I'll put in a new one.
    Drumroll please...
    Enforcer. His job is to bash anyone who messes with the guild's skull in and/or any edgelords who sit in the corner brooding.

Attributes:
    Strength: 30.
    Dexterity: 5
    Intelligence: 5
    Charisma: 1. (Intimidation should probably be strength.)
    Endurance: 20.
    Accuracy: 10.
    Reflex: 1
    Wisdom: 1
    Constitution: 4
    Vitality: 3

15. Jirky-Kake

Looks fine by me~! I'll have to say, his family seems to have a whole lot of testosterone; intimidating!
    Speaking of which, intimidation will be mainly a charisma thing, but it's also based off of the character's size and level plus any traits that add (or subtract) points to intimidation checks, so being bigger than the person that's being intimidated and a higher level makes it easier to do so as opposed to being smaller and a lower level.

Probably important for everyone to read:​
    I will not allow for your character to have armor (or ranged weaponry, and anything that isn't explicitly stated in the character sheet) in the beginning, BUT! I will allow for any character after the introducing act to have one item stashed somewhere (probably their home) that they can retrieve whenever, so in your case, it would be the armor.

I'm allowing this since I'm sure that there's probably something you guys want your characters to have, but couldn't since the restrictions set in the character sheet. You only get one, though, so choose wisely~! ;3 (I might allow some exceptions, such as some ammo for a gun, and dual weapons.)

HunterC1998 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Jackdaw will probably keep his old service revolver and ammo for it stashed in a fake book.

17. Jirky-Kake

Oh! One more thing I forgot to mention.
    This is very close to the Rook specialization that Hunter came up with, actually.
    Just so there aren't slight variations to similar things, I'll just make Spjot a Rook as well. Don't worry, though. Your character doesn't have to be sneaky to be a Rook. The main job is to ensure that threats within Aliquot are pacified; blending in and being incognito about it is more a secondary thing. :catwink:

18. HunterC1998

I kinda wanna know, just how big and burly is he? Height and weight Wise?

19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Fraega would have a set of small tricksy push daggers....

20. zombiexander

zombiexander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A little over six feet tall, precise measurement not really being possible. He wears heavy platemail pretty much always, so you can imagine how burly he would be.

The whole 'enforcer' thing is partially just to further hammer in the point that he's big and intimidating. He's probably not usually supposed to be dealing with that, he's mostly preventing people from doing it by being a big burly bashy man. Of course, if somebody actually decides to do something bad, he's a big burly bearded nordic man with what is basically an axe stuck on a pole, so. He can handle it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017